• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm devastated by Tactics Ogre being MIA.
Just for the people here

Poop (formerly known as Bellydrum) foolishly joined me in a bet.

I was going to change my name to poop for 2 weeks if Persona didn't come to Switch.

Poop (formerly known as Bellydrum) decided to join in but said that if Persona does come to Switch, it will only be 3 and 4.

Thanks for being a good sport. Respect.

So the Treehouse was prerecorded, huh? Now I'm falling dowm the rabbit hole in thinking that Nintendo will start releasing trailers followed by Treehouse Lives for specific games throughout the summer (Metroid Prime HD, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3).
Hopefully they'll do a 1st-party Mini instead of tweets, but as long as I get my announcements, I'm happy lol. Throw in a WW HD port or something of a similar caliber and we're cooking.

Harvestella is just extremely my shit, I love it

Shame it's releasing right between Mario + Rabbids and Pokemon. Why Square. Why

This is a safe space so I’m gonna say it

Persona 5 kinda stinks, fam. Absolutely enormous letdown when I played it 5 years ago. Look, Persona 3 is great and Persona 4 is a genuine masterpiece. Persona 5 is a game where you can see the script rewrites in the text, a symptom of long, troubled development and lack of directed creative vision. Maybe Royal fixed this but P5 proper was a bit of a narrative mess when I played it at launch. A game with delicious style, muddled substance, stilted writing, and worst of all, inconsistent characters/morality.

Good soundtrack tho

July : Ai Nirvana Initiative, Xenoblade 3
September: Splatoon 3
October : Nier, Persona 5
November : Harvestella, Pokémon, Metroid Prime (?)
December : Dragon Qu'est Treasures

I'M A STUDENT I DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH MONEY NINTENDO

5 Nintendo patents were released this morning, I don't see anything too crazy, but I'm wondering what game that 2nd patent is from? One of the guys that filed is/was on EPD 8 (I'm NOT suggesting its for a new Mario).

To see what I mean for anyone that doesnt know how to use the page:

1. Type "Nintendo" into the query and search.
2. Scroll to the right of the results to see the Applicant Name.
3. Click anything with NINTENDO CO.
4. Profit

Last edited:
Potential hot take? The more I see of Sonic Frontiers, the more interested in it I become.

5 Nintendo patents were released this morning, I don't see anything too crazy, but I'm wondering what game that 2nd patent is from? One of the guys that filed is on EPD 8 (I'm NOT suggesting its for a new Mario).

4. Profit

What's the order you're reading these patents in? If you're referring to using lips to control sensors, isn't that the one subway eating game in 1-2-Switch?

Because fuck me if that's actually a continued minigame in Everybody Horseswitch; one of my most hated minigames. IR Sensor never worked for me and I hated the sensation of clacking my teeth together as fast as I could to simulate eating a sandwich.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Let’s see, my list from the direct:
Definitely buying:
Pacman world, Mario + Rabbids spark of hope, Live a Live
Waiting for impressions: little Noah
Likely to get but could wait for sales:
Dragon quest treasures, Persona 3/4/5, Nier Automa, Super Bomberman R2, Megaman battle network collection

My reaction to Persona and Nier news:

That said, I'm waiting to see what performance is like on these before double-dipping. If they're good, then there's a lot of questions to be asked about Soul Hackers 2 and why the KH games (aside from 3) are Cloud versions.

Also, FFVIIR Integrade when?

Is there a plan to open another Direct Speculation thread ASAP? Because I feel like with this being a partner it was odd to close it lol

anyways - tinfoil hat: the main Nintendo Direct hinges on a Switch Pro announcement that they weren’t ready to make and third party obligations forced their hand on this one. A lot of release dates here were close (even today lol), and contracts of course are contracts.
I suspect we're going to get an announcement soon like some of the rumors were saying about early July I think. Also, shareholder meeting is tomorrow so we're going to have "news" even if it's the dull and boring kind.

dq treasures is apparently switch exclusive?

square is such a weird publisher
They're reallly not that weird. It's a DQ game and even on a bad week Switch is still outselling PS5 5:1 in Japan which is the main demographic for that franchise. An exclusivity deal on that game is a no-brainer.

To say the Switch is stacked for the rest of 2022 is an understatement, Jesus Christ. I almost feel bad for the other platforms.
They absolutely could afford to let BotW2 slip to 2023 without any major downsides. Ninty's 2022 has been wild including Xeno3 moving up 2 months.

Man really changed his name to poop
We need to get him an avatar to fit the name now

What's the order you're reading these patents in? If you're referring to using lips to control sensors, isn't that the one subway eating game in 1-2-Switch?

Because fuck me if that's actually a continued minigame in Everybody Horseswitch; one of my most hated minigames. IR Sensor never worked for me and I hated the sensation of clacking my teeth together as fast as I could to simulate eating a sandwich.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Top to bottom.

5 Nintendo patents were released this morning, I don't see anything too crazy, but I'm wondering what game that 2nd patent is from? One of the guys that filed is/was on EPD 8 (I'm NOT suggesting its for a new Mario).

4. Profit
Gonna check this out in a minute.

This is a safe space so I’m gonna say it

Persona 5 kinda stinks, fam. Absolutely enormous letdown when I played it 5 years ago. Look, Persona 3 is great and Persona 4 is a genuine masterpiece. Persona 5 is a game where you can see the script rewrites in the text, a symptom of long, troubled development and lack of directed creative vision. Maybe Royal fixed this but P5 proper was a bit of a narrative mess when I played it at launch. A game with delicious style, muddled substance, stilted writing, and worst of all, inconsistent characters/morality.

Good soundtrack tho
"Everything is a mess but there's style and the music slaps"

Sooooooooo it's a Sega game

"Everything is a mess but there's style and the music slaps"

Sooooooooo it's a Sega game
If this was literally anyone else on this forum I would fight you on behalf of the Yakuza franchise but you are genuinely the ONE person who’s opinion on any and all things Sega I respect more than my own so I’m letting this one slide.

Since I had to work all last 3 days 12 hours. I never mentioned this. But Fire Emblem leaks shouldn’t have been used evidence of a General direct. The leaker clearly stated that the rumors popping up
Made them leak those out of “hype and excitement”. So it wasn’t really a leak of “imminent reveal”. It was just a leaker lol

Anyways. My constant asking of Battle Network collection finally paid off. Think I mentioned it last month too lol

Now it’s time.

For.

Pokémon Colosseum Remaster!

4. Profit
Uh... that's a bit confusing. I can't remember any specific game of theirs where you have cover mechanics like that. I feel like the whole light/shadow discussion in the spec might mean it's referring to a new Luigi's Mansion? But it doesn't seem to have any NLG inventors, so I dunno.

Interesting find.

Since I had to work all last 3 days 12 hours. I never mentioned this. But Fire Emblem leaks shouldn’t have been used evidence of a General direct. The leaker clearly stated that the rumors popping up
Made them leak those out of “hype and excitement”. So it wasn’t really a leak of “imminent reveal”. It was just a leaker lol

Anyways. My constant asking of Battle Network collection finally paid off. Think I mentioned it last month too lol

Now it’s time.

For.

Pokémon Colosseum Remaster!
I admire your unbroken optimism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom