• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a safe space so I’m gonna say it

Persona 5 kinda stinks, fam. Absolutely enormous letdown when I played it 5 years ago. Look, Persona 3 is great and Persona 4 is a genuine masterpiece. Persona 5 is a game where you can see the script rewrites in the text, a symptom of long, troubled development and lack of directed creative vision. Maybe Royal fixed this but P5 proper was a bit of a narrative mess when I played it at launch. A game with delicious style, muddled substance, stilted writing, and worst of all, inconsistent characters/morality.

Good soundtrack tho
I'd agree with this. Mechanically it's probably the best the series is going to get with how they absolutely nailed the interplay between the social and dungeoneering sides, but you can definitely feel the strain on the game at trying to rush out something that was likely stuck in development hell for several years.

It's why the longer the development on Re:Fantasy goes on the more concerned I get about it. I really suspect Sega looked at P5 and basically said "you know what, we can't trust you guys with this franchise any longer. Here's a broom closest you can assemble a team to work in and we'll see what you can do on your little prestige project in a decade".

For reference, this is from the patent @Awesomegames23 found:

XjNYMBX.png

The interesting thing to note here is that this was actually granted, it's not just an application.

EDIT: Oh it was previously published as an application back in March, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it yet. It was filed in Japan in 2020.
That looks suspiciously like the Gamer game from Game & Wario

well then this just them look even weirder when you consider the fact that dqx offline has a marketing deal with sony in japan
Given that the game was console exclusive to Wii / Wii U for the first 5 years, I don't think it's that much of a surprise that Sony called dibs for the marketing of the offline version.

I knew I could count on you!

It’s wild that Square Enix will put a gazillion low-to-mid-budget games on Switch but not make a single new Crystal Chronicles game just to spite me personally.
Look, Kawazu is busy with SaGa right now ok?

Well either we get a random Twitter drop of the next n64 NSO roadmap in the next week or so, or we see the next game announced in the next 2 weeks. Time will tell.

So you're saying that once he's done remaking and remastering all the SaGa games he should have a little bit of time to work on a CC entry? I'll hold you to that.
I mean, the entire run of CC happened between Unlimited SaGa and the DS remake of SaGa 2, with a break that was probably for Minstrel Song.

You could almost overlay the release timeline of the two series and know where Kawazu was at any given time 😂

Does this remind anyone of the Wario World (or Land?) game for the GameCube? I used to love that game. I might not mind playing this game either for the Switch.

Well either we get a random Twitter drop of the next n64 NSO roadmap in the next week or so, or we see the next game announced in the next 2 weeks. Time will tell.
I hope Nintendo is not so boneheaded to leave the N64 release schedule high and dry after an incredibly sparse lineup after six months of releases. Without a roadmap it's gonna be infuriating that after such a short period of time after introducing the Expansion Pass it leaves subscribers absolutely blind as to what they just threw $65/$100 away on

I admire your unbroken optimism
I hope Nintendo is not so boneheaded to leave the N64 release schedule high and dry after an incredibly sparse lineup after six months of releases. Without a roadmap it's gonna be infuriating that after such a short period of time after introducing the Expansion Pass it leaves subscribers absolutely blind as to what they just threw $65/$100 away on
They left the NSO schedules high and dry 2 times now. They’ve actually been consistent now so I’ll be shocked if they decide to go continue to wait until September by adding another console.

But we’ll see. I was hoping for a general to see what will happen now with N64. They actually added all the games they’ve said for NA

I’ll have some money Friday and will be able to get it then

Also have my first bad headache in nine days
Ah shit, that's rough. Sorry to hear friend. Hopefully it passes quickly this time around.

I really do want to just buy it right away and I know I plan to even before it does go on sale the first time, but I just want to be sure that there aren't any hidden bugs because it still feels like a release too good to be true

Ah shit, that's rough. Sorry to hear friend. Hopefully it passes quickly this time around.

I really do want to just buy it right away and I know I plan to even before it does go on sale the first time, but I just want to be sure that there aren't any hidden bugs because it still feels like a release too good to be true
Thanks. Beats having them almost every day. Still having one after nine days is a good sign

Same. I won’t have the money till Friday anyway. Haven’t played portal since the Xbox 360.

I just want to play Portal all dayyyy

This is seriously making the wait for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 much more bearable

mentioned this in another thread, but anyone else feeling some sorta random twitter drop over the next few weeks? Maybe for Bayo 3, Metroid Prime Remaster or Advance Wars. I'm getting summer 2020 vibes rn so seeing these things on Twitter wouldn't surprise me at all

I have ascended my friend lmao.

I got Nier AND Persona 3/4/5 coming to Switch. The main reason I wanted a Steam Deck was to play these games. Now once I get a Steam Deck (if I do lmao), it's literally going to be a MH machine.
My Steam Deck is currently looking like a "wait why do you exist again" machine. Don't quite regret buying it since there's still at least some games on it and not on Switch that I'd like to play, but that number is steadily dwindling

In general though I find it funny that Persona 5 R, one of my most wanted Switch ports, is coming out and I just don't know if I'll have the time to play it for at least another year (plus I do own 4G on Deck and I think I'd want to play that first).

This year is just an embarrassment of riches for Switch owners. And we're still possibly missing a few titles!

They left the NSO schedules high and dry 2 times now. They’ve actually been consistent now so I’ll be shocked if they decide to go continue to wait until September by adding another console.

But we’ll see. I was hoping for a general to see what will happen now with N64. They actually added all the games they’ve said for NA
At least you could handwave it off at "Ehh, for $20 a year and 161 games between two emulated consoles, they had to run out eventually". This just seems completely unprofessional to leave subscribers hanging in the dark with the 160% price markup for an 'enhanced experience'.

I really am not trying to come off as an entitled Gamer™, but this is precisely what I was afraid of and why I held off on getting my EP subscription until March when I finally felt confident that Nintendo was sticking to a schedule, and even threw in the Mario Kart DLC on top of the Animal Crossing expansion. I don't want to have the rug pulled out from underneath me when they turn around with "We have no further games to add" and no prior warning, or "They'll arrive when they arrive" every four to five months and hope that keeping the renewal on is worth it.

I have ascended my friend lmao.

I got Nier AND Persona 3/4/5 coming to Switch. The main reason I wanted a Steam Deck was to play these games. Now once I get a Steam Deck (if I do lmao), it's literally going to be a MH machine.

I still can't believe we're getting these games 😭
Hah, glad to hear it! This was your Partner showcase, basically. :p

Deck still has stuff like Tales of Arise over Switch, or Nioh 1/2, if you're into those. FF7R as well, among other things obviously. I think you'll still find a lot to enjoy on there. ;-)

My Steam Deck is currently looking like a "wait why do you exist again" machine. Don't quite regret buying it since there's still at least some games on it and not on Switch .....
I'm stuck right now between these weird states of "eh, these third party titles on Switch are nice and all, but I've got a Steam Deck, so it's no biggie" and "very nice to see this finally on Switch, I want to try it out on there for sure!"

Both devices kinda stealing the other one's thunder for me.
Persona for instance will feel right at home on Switch, I think.

I'm stuck right now between these weird states of "eh, these third party titles on Switch are nice and all, but I've got a Steam Deck, so it's no biggie" and "very nice to see this finally on Switch, I want to try it out on there for sure!"

Both devices kinda stealing the other one's thunder for me.
Persona for instance will feel right at home on Switch, I think.
One of the main reasons I want the steam deck is to fulfill the portable halo dream I’ve wanted ever since I heard of the psp back in the day.

I know just the campaigns work on it but that’s good enough for me, plus stuff like god of war and spider man

Hah, glad to hear it! This was your Partner showcase, basically. :p

Deck still has stuff like Tales of Arise over Switch, or Nioh 1/2, if you're into those. FF7R as well, among other things obviously. I think you'll still find a lot to enjoy on there. ;-)
This Partner Showcase was really for me lol.

Funny enough, I no longer care about Tales of Arise, but if it came to Switch, I wouldn't mind. And for some reason, I just can't get into FF. I'm sure Deck will have plenty of Jrpgs where the Switch won't get immediately but for now, it's actually becoming overwhelming with the amount of insane quality games for this year lol.

One of the main reasons I want the steam deck is to fulfill the portable halo dream I’ve wanted ever since I heard of the psp back in the day.

I know just the campaigns work on it but that’s good enough for me, plus stuff like god of war and spider man
Oh yeah, those are good reasons to get one. Especially if you want to experience most AAA third parties and MS/PS first party games on a handheld.

Looking at it from the JP side of things, though, and Switch is (finally) catching up there on a lot of stuff I actually planned to play on Deck instead, so ... getting a bit more difficult to decide on.
I'll double dip for many of those anyways, because I'm a fuckin' tool.

Do you have any interest in Sony first party exclusives? Do you have another way to use Game Pass?
I don't even know what Game Pass exactly is.

And an interest in Sony first-party exclusives? Like what? I haven't played a PlayStation in a while, but it's generally been my go-to console outside of Switch and PC. Do you mean like The Last of Us or God of War? Aren't those for Xbox as well?

Oh yeah, those are good reasons to get one. Especially if you want to experience most AAA third parties and MS/PS first party games on a handheld.

Looking at it from the JP side of things, though, and Switch is (finally) catching up there on a lot of stuff I actually planned to play on Deck instead, so ... getting a bit more difficult to decide on.
I'll double dip for many of those anyways, because I'm a fuckin' tool.
I’m still stuck in the October or later crowd on the reservation list so who knows when I’ll be getting my deck at least so I’ll be safe with getting Persona 5 and Nier on switch for now. I mainly would want persona on the deck anyway in case there’s cool mods to come out for it

Think I'm gonna get all the loyalty, N7 missions, and the suicide mission done on Mass Effect 2 and leave the expansions for further down the line. Getting Gamer Anxiety because I'm only 2 hours into Three Hopes, Sunbreak is out this week, and Live Alive is in 3 weeks.

And then Xenoblade.

Oh no

s actually becoming overwhelming with the amount of insane quality games for this year lol.
P3, P4, P5, Xeno 3, FE Three Hopes alone will probably last me, what, like more than a year on their own? Haha
Insane to think about. Add Splatoon 3, Bayo 3, Nier, still need to get Triangle Strategy and start Bravely Default II as well ... phew.

Oregano
Don't know, felt like tagging you, mate

I don't even know what Game Pass exactly is.

And an interest in Sony first-party exclusives? Like what? I haven't played a PlayStation in a while, but it's generally been my go-to console outside of Switch and PC. Do you mean like The Last of Us or God of War? Aren't those for Xbox as well?
There'll for sure be better people to explain than me, but Game Pass basically allows you to play every Microsoft first party game (including Bethesda and other subsidiaries), plus a bunch more, for a relatively affordable subscription price. It's by all accounts an incredible deal.

Those games you mention are Sony first-party games, yeah. Increasingly they're receiving late PC ports, but that's traditionally the primary appeal in a Sony console over a Microsoft one. There are other reasons - the DualSense is pretty neat, for example - but they're unlikely to be the primary deciding factor.

Of course, a lot of people who play online games will tend to just buy whatever their friends buy, which is as valid a reason as any. I would recommend thinking about what games you mostly play or would like to play, discussing with people here or other friends, and making your decision that way.

Good luck! 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom