• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oof some tempting stuff on the eShop sale 💸

Dark Souls is on sale for the first time this year, I was waiting for it to see what these Souls stuff are about so I think I'll get that

Also No More Heroes 3 is 50% off so I think it's a nice time to finally pick it up

Man the author must receive hate mail from time to time. Arguably one of the worst pace stories ever

I mean the premise is kind of funny. The girls are cute. I like that it's actually set in college and they actually talk about adult things like sex. But Kazuya....man I want to reach into the TV and strangle him.

confused-john-travolta.gif

Me right now in this thread…

Hamster is bizarre with the sale choices (I assume they have say but maybe it’s SNK or the original developer/publisher) for ACA/NeoGeo games.
i thought that the other metal slug games were published by a different company which is why they didnt go on sale but yeah its also hamster. oh well nabbed KOF 98 at least.

i thought that the other metal slug games were published by a different company which is why they didnt go on sale but yeah its also hamster. oh well nabbed KOF 98 at least.
That’s a good game. Best I better look at the list of sale items. Usually it’s the lesser versions of the fighting games.

I reached that scene in Final Fantasy VII and I lol’ed when I realized they blocked the screenshot function there.

Just… why.

Those Metroid threads always blow up (and almost never for the better). I can only imagine dark cloud, elisaurus and others going on a pretty lenghty discussion about what qualifies as a holiday title.
We bottle up all our Samus obsession until we find someone who will listen to us incessantly ramble about which zero suit palette we liked best. (It's the purple and green one btw)

Is mayonnaise a holiday title?

So the Rent-A-Girlfriend anime is really an origin story of a serial killer, right?

Have you seen the author? He has a wife and kid but he lives alone (they aren’t divorced or anything, he just likes to live alone) and he posts photos of the girls from the show in real life on his twitter profile calling them his girlfriend.

The infamous cuck scene is possibly him as a self insert cucking the MC, as the guy having sex with the main girl is wearing the Tezuka hat that is generally used to represent mangakas.

I honestly think he’s not all sane.

Have you seen the author? He has a wife and kid but he lives alone (they aren’t divorced or anything, he just likes to live alone) and he posts photos of the girls from the show in real life on his twitter profile calling them his girlfriend.

The infamous cuck scene is possibly him as a self insert cucking the MC, as the guy having sex with the main girl is wearing the Tezuka hat that is generally used to represent mangakas.

I honestly think he’s not all sane.

EjxR5yH.jpeg

Yeah, it's not that anything is wrong on its own, but the combination of his manga being what it is, him having a very peculiar relationship with his wife and what he posts on social media that makes it extremely creepy.

I don't even think he's playing a character on social media like Fujimoto*, he seems genuine.

* Fujimoto's twitter profile is him roleplaying as his non existing little sister tweeting what he thinks/does as if he was his little sister's narrating about her bigger brother.

I reached that scene in Final Fantasy VII and I lol’ed when I realized they blocked the screenshot function there.

Just… why.
I didn't realize it was blocked. That's funny! Takes me back to 2020 (yikes); when FFVIIR was about to come out, there were a lot of people out there telling others not to spoil FFVII. I know not everyone is as old as me, but I feel like 23 years is long enough for something like that to be "beyond" spoiling.

And, for reasons that are actually spoilers, I'm especially convinced that FFVII (Classic) discussion should be completely free reign!

Alright someone's gonna need to explain this one to me.
himbo
/ˈhɪmbəʊ/

noun
INFORMAL•HUMOROUS

1. a good-looking but unintelligent young man.
I would add that he has to be muscular/large as well. Kronk from Emperor's New Groove is the prime example of a himbo.

himbo
/ˈhɪmbəʊ/

noun
INFORMAL•HUMOROUS

1. a good-looking but unintelligent young man.
I would add that he has to be muscular/large as well. Kronk from Emperor's New Groove is the prime example of a himbo.
That's a new one for me. Thanks.

I suppose that would be a Himbonculus though.

I had a dream where I got three Famiboards warnings in the span of like three hours for being too smug about the Partner Direct
I had a dream that Partner Direct was never a thing in 2022...sniff. Even the new 3 minute long trailer for Splat3 will be miles better than Partner.

Thinking more about it, maybe the reason why there wasn't June Direct was that something wasn't ready. Maybe big Zelda showing? New game announcement? Remember this is the company that delayed Switch official reveal in 2016 for one whole month because Odyssey wasn't running perfectly.

Thinking more about it, maybe the reason why there wasn't June Direct was that something wasn't ready. Maybe big Zelda showing? New game announcement? Remember this is the company that delayed Switch official reveal in 2016 for one whole month because Odyssey wasn't running perfectly.
They just couldn't get Mario to run in a straight line because of drift

Having to watch Fox News in a car service department waiting room has me more sure than ever that America is a failed state and the world would be a better place if this shit hole would just sink into the fucking ocean.

Having to watch Fox News in a car service department waiting room has me more sure than ever that America is a failed state and the world would be a better place if this shit hole would just sink into the fucking ocean.
Tool was right. Only instead of just California, make it the whole damn country.

I cannot believe Persona is actually happening. 5 excruciating years of pain are finally salvaged.

EDIT: MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK LEGACY COLLECTION!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!

I cannot believe Persona is actually happening. 5 excruciating years of pain are finally salvaged.

EDIT: MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK LEGACY COLLECTION!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!
To answer your question:

Yes.

To answer your question:

Yes.
I can't believe this alright. I'M IN ABSOLUTE SHOCK. Portal Collection shadowdropped as well! AND A NEW SQUARE ENIX FARMING-SIMULATOR RPG. THIS PARTNERS SHOWCASE ENDED UP BEING INCREDIBLE FOR ME.

I'm more confused about Nintendo's Summer marketing strategy than I was before watching the Partner Showcase.
They showed so much, even if I was barely interested in any of them. Definitely more than I was expecting, so why couldn't they have thrown in Prime HD, Bayonetta 3, and Advance Wars or Everybody Switch and called it a day???

Yeah the partner direct was goof enough why dont drop trailers for Bayo 3 other existing games, Prime HD as the big game and do a general?

Wow, Dragon Quest Treasures seems to be a Switch exclusive.

They showed so much, even if I was barely interested in any of them. Definitely more than I was expecting, so why couldn't they have thrown in Prime HD, Bayonetta 3, and Advance Wars or Everybody Switch and called it a day???
This plus a teaser for a new 2023 announcement. Oh and Splatoon 3. That would have been the E3 direct. Easy.

I hope the first party direct rumor is true. I’ve been dying to see this Prime remake and the mainline FE. And certain people are saying the DK game has gone gold?

We coulda had one big exciting presentation. This splitting of content is baffling.

The announcements were pretty good though. About time we get P5 even if it’s years late. Holding off on Royale paid off!

Well, I'm at least excited to play Portal today

Blanc, Railgrade and Lorelei & The Laser Eyes look interesting.

Hope everyone else enjoyed it more than me

I understood that reference!

...Actually, I don't.

Just the cadence of your word choices made me think of Metallica's Enter Sandman, that's all 😋

Precisely. It wasn't that different from their usual third party segments in regular E3 Directs. I guess they thought they don't have enough new first party announcements? We'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom