• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
EarthBound / Undertale inspired RPG that was unveiled during the Indie Live Expo 2022 - Day 2. Looks pretty good and it's coming to the Switch! Developed by Odencat (Bear's Restaurant) with music by Reo Uratani (Hyrule Warriors 2, Atelier Ryza 2, Monster Hunter 4).

Coffee Stain doesn't have a very good history with console, wherever it's their own games (Sanctum, Goat Simulator, Satisfactory) or published games (Valheim, Midnight Ghost Hunt, Songs of Conquest, Deep Rock Galactic) so don't count on it.

Their PR guys said flat out in a a stream 1-2 years ago that they don't care about consoles.

The most notable exception is pretty much Huntdown which is on PC, consoles and mobile, but it's a sidescroller shooter, so quite different from their usuall stuff. Even their most recent console release, Deep Rock, lags a lot behind PC with updates.

Oh, bummer! Thanks for the info, I'll buy it on Steam if it has a Mac version then

Does anyone know why, when trying to start up any game while not connected to wifi (I'm traveling home from vacation in the car), my switch just recently started saying "Unable to verify membership" along with the "this is the current backup and download status of your save data" message?

9l8j.jpg

It was only last night while working on images and stuff for a Discord I help moderate that I remembered I made this current avatar for use on a full-time basis after the March ST. March turned to April, and then I forgot about it.

I tried searching a few different ways and couldn’t find it if there is one. Can anyone point me in the direction of a dedicated Pokemon trading thread, if such a thing exists here?

What a terrible morning. First, my favorite F1 driver, Charles Leclerc, is forced to retire from what would have been an easy win. Then I took a covid test, and found out my cold is in fact covid. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay

What a terrible morning. First, my favorite F1 driver, Charles Leclerc, is forced to retire from what would have been an easy win. Then I took a covid test, and found out my cold is in fact covid. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay
Boo!! Sorry. Sounds like it’s been mild at least? Hope you recover quickly.

your sources are misleading, earthbound is on the Super Nintendo and is far better than any of your contemporary Video Games
It's by Nintendo? That anti-consumer company? I'll stick to my Playstation games. Let me know when Nintendo lowers all their games to $20 each smh

??

Omori is universally loved by everyone who's played it lol
Not me.

I dropped it after 3 hours because the game has this cheap, amateurish, unpolished feel to it, like one of those free RPG Maker games from back in the day, except you gotta pay for it.

Just read that Kevin Spacey is desperate enough for work nowadays that he's started to accept roles in B movies, so I watched the trailer for his newest film and, well, it looks very much like doo doo.

LegitimateCircularHornshark-max-1mb.gif

Didn't Netflix used to have a free trial? I was hoping to watch the new Stranger Things season without having to fork out 30 bucks (15 each for two months) but fuck me I guess.

Folks I'm being lazy and I'm still not dressed and I'm just sprawled out (again) with my book (again) but I swapped the beer for coffee because it sure ain't beer time at this time of day
This morning I was at a local bar enjoying a coffee and a croissant and a dude was drinking a pint of beer. It was 8:45 AM. So pour that beer up if you wanna, it's Sunday I guess, anything goes

Everyone waiting for TP/WW HD but with 3DS store closing I want A Link Between Worlds HD instead.

Is it weird that I prefer the Hulu/Disney/OGTV approach of new episodes once a week? The Netflix approach of "it must hit all at once and be bingeabe to dominate the weekend discourse" seems to actually lessen the impact of a show for me. Like a fire that burns super bright but burns out quick.
I think I'm the only person in my friend group who feels this way.

@Raccoon why didn’t you warn me about Wii Sports Resort Basketball

the second I got a point some announcer came out of nowhere and enthusiastically shouted “IT’S IN” and I’ve been laughing painfully on the floor for like ten minutes

Is it weird that I prefer the Hulu/Disney/OGTV approach of new episodes once a week? The Netflix approach of "it must hit all at once and be bingeabe to dominate the weekend discourse" seems to actually lessen the impact of a show for me. Like a fire that burns super bright but burns out quick.
Oh I agree. Stranger Things is this weird in between approach that just doesn't work though, it's 7 episodes at once then the other 2 a month later. Just why Netflix?

@Raccoon why didn’t you warn me about Wii Sports Resort Basketball

the second I got a point some announcer came out of nowhere and enthusiastically shouted “IT’S IN” and I’ve been laughing painfully on the floor for like ten minutes
wii sports resort is genuinely one of the best things nintendo has ever made

the fun value is just off the charts

I’m of the same mind. The binge model really hampers discussion because everyone moves through the season at a different pace. The old school weekly drop methods puts a limit on how far ahead people can get.

Oh I agree. Stranger Things is this weird in between approach that just doesn't work though, it's 7 episodes at once then the other 2 a month later. Just why Netflix?
Wait, it's 7 and then 2?? I thought it was split in half! Guess I'll just wait till July to watch it, then. Dunno if I have the self control to schedule a day of the week to watch it as a weekly series. 😅

I'm (not at all) sorry but I've yet to play a 16 bit or older game that plays well or isn't incredibly annoying due to lack of QoL.

Games only started being good after 2004.
One of the few times I can't tell if someone is trolling or not.. 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom