• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bucket-thread just made me order this lmao

61ncr0wqxhldljef.jpg

That is correct, yes

Usually I recommend Mario World as the "beginner's Mario game" since 3 is harder. But is your difficulty with the game the platforming or getting hit by enemies? Because what I recommend changes depending on that.

The problem is the platforming and timing, I just fall a lot

The problem is the platforming and timing, I just fall a lot
Then the Cape Feather is your best friend. Holding the jump button to float down makes the jumps a lot easier, and the cape's spinning attack takes out lots of enemies and can be spammed. Don't even worry about learning to fly yet - just use it to float and spin attack.

A couple of other tips:
  • If you're running but don't wanna fly with the Cape, do a spin jump instead for a super high jump. Or ride Yoshi!
  • If you're not sure if a jump will defeat an enemy, use a spin jump instead. Gets you lower in the air, but it can be super useful in a lot of cases. Yoshi's jump works the same, except Yoshi doesn't break blocks and he can walk on Munchers (those black mini Piranha Plant things).
  • If you're losing your Cape a lot, make sure you get the secret exits to unlock the Green Switch Palace (green ! Blocks get you more feathers) and the Top Secret Area (location that lets you load up on power ups for no cost) if you haven't already. Both are found in Donut Plains.

So if my 3DS/Wii U are linked to my Nintendo account, I can still use my credit card to buy eShop stuff after today right?
If I understood correctly, you can add funds to your Nintendo account via Switch or the website and those will be also available on the linked 3ds account. We cannot directly buy the games with the credit card though

It will be a week if you like a certain meme involving hello there
No I mean it won't be a week.
At all.
See, last night I actually had a good time socializing, surrounded by people I got comfortable talking to, and I even cooked and everyone told me they loved it. My mac pot was empty by the time I left. The only explanation I have for that is that something in timespace has ruptured and reality as we know it is unraveling.

There won't be a "next week". Whatever is coming, won't be that.
And instead of the sounds of gentle breezes and leaves and grass rustling in the air, the new ambient sound of the earth will be this damn song:

Hello there!
General [A Show That I Feel is Completely Unnecessary and Somewhat Emblematic Of The Problems of Modern Star Wars and Star Wars Fans But Hey I Guess It's A Popular Character This Time So The Fact That This Show Is Basically Completely Unnecessary Seems To Brushed Off. I Mean I Like Kenobi As Much As The Next Guy But C'mon Do We Really Need To Know What He Was Doing While Chilling In The Desert Do Something Original For Once Dammit Star Wars. At Least This Show Has Elements From Rebels And Apparently Fallen Order But Seriously We've Had How Much Stuff In This Time Period?]!

No I mean it won't be a week.
At all.
See, last night I actually had a good time socializing, surrounded by people I got comfortable talking to, and I even cooked and everyone told me they loved it. My mac pot was empty by the time I left. The only explanation I have for that is that something in timespace has ruptured and reality as we know it is unraveling.

There won't be a "next week". Whatever is coming, won't be that.
And instead of the sounds of gentle breezes and leaves and grass rustling in the air, the new ambient sound of the earth will be this damn song:

buddy you need to tag your lore spoilers for Grögohhhhhh shit wait you actually did

glad to hear you had a good time!!

tbd if I’m joking about the first part or not, but you’re invited to be a test-considerer of the Grögol lore if you want! but I also understand if you would prefer everything be a surprise

General [A Show That I Feel is Completely Unnecessary and Somewhat Emblematic Of The Problems of Modern Star Wars and Star Wars Fans But Hey I Guess It's A Popular Character This Time So The Fact That This Show Is Basically Completely Unnecessary Seems To Brushed Off. I Mean I Like Kenobi As Much As The Next Guy But C'mon Do We Really Need To Know What He Was Doing While Chilling In The Desert Do Something Original For Once Dammit Star Wars. At Least This Show Has Elements From Rebels And Apparently Fallen Order But Seriously We've Had How Much Stuff In This Time Period?]!
You are a [visible_confusion.gif] one!

Fwiw I do agree with your general point about the issues with modern SW 100%, but also, I love the prequels, and I love Ewan McGregor's performance, so more of that isn't a bad thing for me lol

Is it weird that I prefer the Hulu/Disney/OGTV approach of new episodes once a week? The Netflix approach of "it must hit all at once and be bingeabe to dominate the weekend discourse" seems to actually lessen the impact of a show for me. Like a fire that burns super bright but burns out quick.
I think I'm the only person in my friend group who feels this way.
I'm with you there, the weekly release format is much better then the dump everything at once approach.
Hilda totally just told Cyril that he seems normal, not like the rest of his people.
A classmate back in my university days once said something similar to me. It didn't really phase me since I wasn't paying that much attention, but another member of our group heard and got so pissed it almost became violent.

You are a bold [one of several reasons why I'm disappointed in the cancellation of Rian Johnson's trilogy actually because while I am hyped for the return of Ewan (only because it's fuckin Ewan) I was really looking forward to Star Wars telling new stories on new planets with new characters instead of everything being centered around that goddamn desert and the Space Kardashians but I've been told so many times that I'm not a "real" Star Wars fan because I don't worship the old EU as gospel over even Lucas's work nor do I actively hate Johnson or Kennedy for being "woke" that I'm now at a point of ambivalence towards the franchise that leaves me in a "well, whatever they'll do, they'll do" sort of headspace so I just hope Old Ben hasn't lost his sass]

Y’all ready for a hot take

Take Off Your Pants and Jacket is the best Blink album and I’m prepared to fight anyone who disagrees

buddy you need to tag your lore spoilers for Grögohhhhhh shit wait you actually did

glad to hear you had a good time!!

tbd if I’m joking about the first part or not, but you’re invited to be a test-considerer of the Grögol lore if you want! but I also understand if you would prefer everything be a surprise
I really, really appreciate the offer but I probably would be better suited to just shitposting about the game after I've played it. 😅 I admittedly have never played a monster in the pocket game so I'm drastically uneducated about what would or would not work in the lore of a parody..

... actually I just realized, how abyssy is that gonna be if Grögol Bonanza is my first Pokemon game? 🤣

I always thought it was weird how some fandoms can become so super attached to characters that any sequel series that isn’t closely attached to them automatically leads to some resistance or backlash. Like if a series is able to create characters you love that much out of thin air, why wouldn’t you think they can do the same again with new characters? Especially if the staff creating said series remains largely the same. It’s happened with series like Avatar, Life is Strange, and The Last of Us.

I’m playing Y’s Origins and it’s pretty fun.

Simple game that’s rather relaxing after playing a SRPG with lots of down time.

Only weird thing is that I swear I heard the Metroid item theme

You are a bold [one of several reasons why I'm disappointed in the cancellation of Rian Johnson's trilogy actually because while I am hyped for the return of Ewan (only because it's fuckin Ewan) I was really looking forward to Star Wars telling new stories on new planets with new characters instead of everything being centered around that goddamn desert and the Space Kardashians but I've been told so many times that I'm not a "real" Star Wars fan because I don't worship the old EU as gospel over even Lucas's work nor do I actively hate Johnson or Kennedy for being "woke" that I'm now at a point of ambivalence towards the franchise that leaves me in a "well, whatever they'll do, they'll do" sort of headspace so I just hope Old Ben hasn't lost his sass]
It's over, Anakin! I have the [feeling that Star Wars franchise as a whole will always be inherently limited because it was never designed as an expansive universe with the capability to tell numerous interesting stories, but as a series of incredibly well-done facades to enhance the aesthetic of what was ostensibly a cobbled-together Flash Gordon homage. It's always been a theme park franchise, one where people go to see big spectacles and their own particular Scrimblo Bimblos and then leave; and whilst that can be incredibly engaging, and lead to a lifetime of nostalgia and Lego sets, it doesn't lend itself well to 'thematic variety.']

Don't try [it is telling that much of the Prequel's recent resurgence has not been from a recontextualization of the films as actually well-written - because they weren't, and were a testament to how much of SW's success is in spite of Lucas and not because of him - but as a recontextualization of them as nostalgic centrepieces, shared in kind through memes and out-of-context moments. People are excited for the Obi Wan show not because they're interested in seeing the deep thematic struggles of... an incredibly basic mentor character, but because he's the funny meme man from their childhood who says 'hello there.']

You were supposed to bring balance to [the wider media industry is basically this now, and I think we just have to get used to it. We live in an era of IP and imagery; one where Spider-Man: Far From Home can gross over a billion dollars easily because it promised to let not one, not two, but three entire generations of Spidey fans share in the nostalgia feels. When it comes to mainstream, mega-franchises like Star Wars, there is very little incentive to not cash in hard on their IP's value at the expense of thematic and cinematic uniqueness. Same as how Nintendo has little incentive to not just slap Mario or Link on any new IP idea they have, even if that robs us of a new 'Splatoon.']

We posting songs with great horns?

Bang. Chicago. Known for being a rock and roll band with horns. Then add Earth, Wind & Fire, and you've suddenly doubled the horns on stage. Musical nirvana.

I feel similarly

I’ve stopped caring what the so called ‘fans’ of the Star Wars fanbase think of what I like regarding the series years ago as someone who’s always liked the prequels

I really, really appreciate the offer but I probably would be better suited to just shitposting about the game after I've played it. 😅 I admittedly have never played a monster in the pocket game so I'm drastically uneducated about what would or would not work in the lore of a parody..

... actually I just realized, how abyssy is that gonna be if Grögol Bonanza is my first Pokemon game? 🤣
it will be an honor

god I guess I better get this game together, huh?

So not to be needy or anything (I'll leave that for my kids) has anyone actually played the demo for my game yet? I'm very eager to hear feedback and kinda curious if anyone encountered a bug that I can't seem to nail down the cause of.

Do you feel like the console market isn't the same as it was even as recently as last gen?

PS4, XBone and Wii U were traditional home consoles. The Switch is a console/handheld hybrid, and the Series X seems to be secondary to Microsoft's goal of selling subscriptions.

I've been playing Mega Man games lately. The 8-bit ones really hold up in a way that many NES games don't, such refined platforming gameplay. And of course, the soundtracks...

I hope Capcom still sees a future in this series. 11 sold pretty well.

Being locked out of dialogue options which influence quests early game in Mass Effect 1 is irritating. I'll have to pile points into charm next time I level up.
Edit - also irritating: the combat is a huge step down from the next 2 games, even if there's a lot here I love, especially in terms of narrative and world-building.

As a rule I try not to gloat or take schadenfreude in the unhappiness of others, but holy moly right wing folks are in a meltdown here Down Under since the conservative party lost power yesterday and I must confess it is kinda hilarious.

Seeing so many takes along the lines of "RIP Australia, we are doomed", "Communism has taken over our country", "All hail our new ruler Xi Jinping", etc.

They're carrying on like the sky is falling and seeing them rage be like

natalie-dormer-apples.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom