• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so like

Why the effing eff did nobody tell me about Japanese Breakfast?

I could have been obsessing over them for years, now I feel like I've wasted so much time. 😩

What are the odds we get stuff like Wave Race and 1080 on NSO? With them being Nintendo published (and developed, I think?), I’d assume the odds are pretty good. I hope Nintendo lays out another roadmap for NSO soon.

The slightest bit, the tiniest hint, of negative news really does send the Xbox fan base into a tailspin.
Once the showcase comes, they'll calm down. Hopefully they get a 1st party game or two for the year, if not the warring will be insufferable

As a rule I try not to gloat or take schadenfreude in the unhappiness of others, but holy moly right wing folks are in a meltdown here Down Under since the conservative party lost power yesterday and I must confess it is kinda hilarious.

Seeing so many takes along the lines of "RIP Australia, we are doomed", "Communism has taken over our country", "All hail our new ruler Xi Jinping", etc.

They're carrying on like the sky is falling and seeing them rage be like

natalie-dormer-apples.gif
Congrats, I hope we in the States can be doing that come November. What I'm hearing so far about our odds is... not encouraging.

but it’s just steamed rice, miso soup, and fish? Sounds more like lunch to me.
Goddammit I knew someone would do this. 🤣

The slightest bit, the tiniest hint, of negative news really does send the Xbox fan base into a tailspin.
Wait, what negative news? Only Xbox news I've seen recently is about the Series S outselling the PS5 in Japan, which should have the fans over the moon if anything.
Hell, I'm thrilled about it and I don't even have a horseperson in that race. 😅

For my fellow board gaming people... is there a worse feeling than losing in Dominion to someone pursuing a Duke/Duchy strategy and not catching on what's happening until it's far too late?

Okay so like

Why the effing eff did nobody tell me about Japanese Breakfast?

I could have been obsessing over them for years, now I feel like I've wasted so much time. 😩
Jubilee is a great album (and I'm just now seeing they did the OST for Sable!?). Also, read her book?

Japanese Breakfast are great. Didn't know about the book, though. Neat-oh. I'll pick up that and Simu Liu's memoir at some point and do some reading about folk.

Did some painting today. Well I may go back and dry brush the twilek to a lighter tone(and I need to paint 2 bases and top coat it all) but I wrapped up the last 2 SWIA player characters today

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5058.jpg

Keeping it clean and simple has been my motto on this project tho I did do some washes on these 2. Here’s the whole gang

IMG_5060.jpg

As for what’s next, I’ve got a quiet week so after I finish my current kit I think I’ll buckle down and just go at the remaining generics(3 probe droids, 2 Nexus, 2 Ewebs and 9 storm troopers. Keeping it to critical details and deployment markings only). I’ll save Boba, Vader and Luke for my flgs days so I can bounce off people. Oh and a bunch of topcoating I have a backlog and it’s warm enough to use the airbrush

I’m waiting for my xmen United to arrive but if it doesn’t before I finish up the other stuff I think this is the simplest and the first of my 3D prints I’ll try to paint

IMG_5065.jpg

I also have a test one a third it’s size already primed but I was probably doing a gag all metalic paint job on it for the heck of it

My expectations for Starfield simply based on the fact that it's Bethesda are that it's either going to be...

1. A broken, unplayable mess that is barely held together with tape and glue.
or
2. One of the best games in years that is barely held together with tape and glue.

I think Starfield will get delayed till fall 2023. Not because of any rumors. Just a gut feeling when the first delayed was announced.

I like Sci-fi so I was actually looking forward to playing a Bethesda game for once and playing some Xbox exclusives for once lol. Love the Xbox I got but I only play games already out on other platforms, really want to see what their studios can do. Tho admittedly I found Halo Infinite disappointing (Single player, I don’t play online)

Im not feeling sm odyssey that much. I think im halfway through it or a bit less, got past the traditional festival which was great ofc, but... idk

A shame that they aren’t as reasonable as the Nintendo fanbase when receiving bad news.

I think both fanbases get weird over different stuff. With Xbox it's the lack of first-party content and a feeling of insecurity after the shitty Xbox One generation. Nintendo fans in my experience usually freak out over the lack of Directs.

"No games" isn't really a claim that can be made about the Switch.

Meanwhile PlayStation fanboys are too busy circling-jerking over fantasies of Sony buying Square and Capcom.

Lemon and sun dried tomato chicken skewers. With artichoke and asparagus, feta yogurt sauce, and pita (need to make that fresh probably). Was 72 so perfect evening grilling recipe. Coupled with a cosmic crisp hard cider.

19-E43540-5824-42-C7-9-ED7-B6459-BC79-E9-F.jpg

55424787-FC57-479-F-A9-F0-74483-B2-A7-A32.jpg

AA900-B93-158-C-4965-9759-E74-FBAB7628-A.jpg

19-D48-B6-E-2-CD4-43-E9-820-A-AE2-F4-BC62994.jpg

I think both fanbases get weird over different stuff. With Xbox it's the lack of first-party content and a feeling of insecurity after the shitty Xbox One generation. Nintendo fans in my experience usually freak out over the lack of Directs.

"No games" isn't really a claim that can be made about the Switch.

Meanwhile PlayStation fanboys are too busy circling-jerking over fantasies of Sony buying Square and Capcom.
Yeah. Online, all console have fans that are unbearable. There’s no “best” fans. Just gotta surround yourself with level headed individuals. I just recall seeing a Xbox ambassador be dunk on for “not” playing games in their Xbox. They simply made a tweet that should’ve been brushed off but some people went far enough to dogpile on her.

Nintendo fans are annoying as when it comes to directs. 2020 was terrible, even members that are level headed said stupid stuff during that time. Tho it was a difficult year for everyone, couldn’t even escape it online in reality.

Sony fans I don’t really know, I don’t really care for their consoles enough to listen to any communities online, the few I have listen too take their competition to Xbox super serious, but that is such a small sample that probably it’s those very few individuals.

Look ma no hands

every time i successfully spend a night playing video games instead of just posting here I feel like a kid riding their bike without training wheels for the first time

please be proud of me famidad

Last night I was checking in on the Wii U Forums. Man, what a blast from the past that was. Shame that console was abysmal. And the owner of the site spent more time running his My Little Pony fansite instead of doing any kind of improvements on the Wii U Forums.

Last night I was checking in on the Wii U Forums. Man, what a blast from the past that was. Shame that console was abysmal. And the owner of the site spent more time running his My Little Pony fansite instead of doing any kind of improvements on the Wii U Forums.
The owner prioritized correctly. Probably made a lot in ad revenue during Bronycon

Look ma no hands

every time i successfully spend a night playing video games instead of just posting here I feel like a kid riding their bike without training wheels for the first time

please be proud of me famidad
I'm proud of you but please come visit once in a while

Jesus the digital trading card game market has exploded

Growing up I loved Yugioh and Magic, then later played hearthstone for a bit

Anyone have any recs on what I should jump into these days? The new YuGiOh game on Switch caught my eye but I’d probably be playing it on iPad / mac. I’ve been looking around and have found Master Duels, HearthStone, ES: Legends, Eternal, Mythgard, Gwent, Legends of Runeterra, Magic Legends

Literally every company seems to want that hearthstone money lmao - just want to make sure I don’t screw myself over with a shitty economy. An interesting single player is a plus to learn the ropes.

I’m sure there are plenty of indie games I could add to the list (Steamworld Quest, Slay the Spire come to mind), but I‘d prefer something multiplayer to rope my partner into down the line

EDIT: Damn I know nothing about it but Shadowverse + the RPG adaption on switch seem nice

Finished Blue Lions in FE3H. Really cool route but the ending felt a little weak.

They didn’t even show Rhea and the entire TWSitD is just ignored after they flee the final battle… Big contrast with how Verdant Wind goes after the Edelgard battle.

before this page is over I fucking love this number

okay carry on

Last edited:
I just realized that before the Switch's lifespan is over, we'll have three different Metroid games on store shelves. Metroid Dread, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 4. We're in the best timeline.

I just realized that before the Switch's lifespan is over, we'll have three different Metroid games on store shelves. Metroid Dread, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 4. We're in the best timeline.
I’m really excited to play Prime 4

when it launches for Switch 2 in 2028

Finished Blue Lions in FE3H. Really cool route but the ending felt a little weak.

They didn’t even show Rhea and the entire TWSitD is just ignored after they flee the final battle… Big contrast with how Verdant Wind goes after the Edelgard battle.
That was my reaction too.

I liked the Dimitri arc a lot, and there's some good character stuff there, but other than a few story tidbits that you don't get in the Verdant Wind path it felt like there was A LOT less of the plot in the Blue Lions route. The final battle is still good, but it felt like just a more amped-up version of the Edelgard battle in Golden Deer, except after that one you get like two more much more epic and lore-dense battles, whereas with Blue Lions it just... ends. Bit of a letdown, but still a really good route that I enjoyed.

Jesus the digital trading card game market has exploded

Growing up I loved Yugioh and Magic, then later played hearthstone for a bit

Anyone have any recs on what I should jump into these days? The new YuGiOh game on Switch caught my eye but I’d probably be playing it on iPad / mac. I’ve been looking around and have found Master Duels, HearthStone, ES: Legends, Eternal, Mythgard, Gwent, Legends of Runeterra, Magic Legends

Literally every company seems to want that hearthstone money lmao - just want to make sure I don’t screw myself over with a shitty economy. An interesting single player is a plus to learn the ropes.

I’m sure there are plenty of indie games I could add to the list (Steamworld Quest, Slay the Spire come to mind), but I‘d prefer something multiplayer to rope my partner into down the line

EDIT: Damn I know nothing about it but Shadowverse + the RPG adaption on switch seem nice
I've been fairly into Legends of Runeterra recently and I feel like I can recommend that. It's known for having one of if not the most generous monetization models in the genre, almost to the point of disincentivizing spending any real money. I've been playing for around half a year and I can basically craft all the best decks for any given season (if I wasn't incredibly stingy with resources that is)

There's a pretty robust roguelite ish singleplayer mode that's currently their most popular mode. Plays out pretty differently from the main competitive mode but it's a good deal of fun

Everything else about the game is also fairly solid. Good art and UI, solid presentation, nice lore tidbits (Runeterra lore is fairly solid and the best part is you no longer have to go to League to get it). Game is balanced fairly well most of the time. Overall, I'd recommend giving it a shot

I’m playing Y’s Origins and it’s pretty fun.

Simple game that’s rather relaxing after playing a SRPG with lots of down time.

Only weird thing is that I swear I heard the Metroid item theme
Ys Origin is awesome! Yes Ys totally ripped off the Metroid item jingle lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom