• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
What level are you, roughly? IIRC after that particular event, the game opens up basically all of the endgame content as well as the rest of the story, so you're sort of intended to do a lot of side questing and level up a bit. But, and this is important, you can beat the game WELL before grinding into the high levels and doing a lot of that optional content. IIRC the final boss is around level 80, while there's tons of stuff in the game that's well into the 90s and beyond for postgame. Certain areas like the new sections of are more intended to be done after beating the game, not right now.

Of course, turning on casual mode to finish off the game is totally fine, nothing wrong with that! I just wanted to mention the structure in case you were trying to go for a lot of the stuff that's more postgame-oriented.
i was at like 72, 73. but i turned on casual mode and did like 6 hours of side content and i'm now at 85 😬

As others have already correctly identified: The ABK deal is sending ripples through the industry. The next few years are going to be, uh, interesting.
I can't imagine an EA sale doing nearly ABK numbers though. EA has been in rough shape for years and is largely propped up by Madden, FIFA and The Sims. And my understanding is that both Madden and FIFA (or whatever it's going to be called without the license) have been incredibly stagnant for a while. Meanwhile The Sims franchise keeps getting shallower and more expansion centric with each new iteration (really if you want to know where GaaS for traditional games started, The Sims 2/3 is a great place to look).

To be brutally honest they're a good candidate for Embracer's rehab program but considering Embracer just reported close to half a billion USD loss in the last year I'm really wondering if their buying spree is going to work out for them in the long-term.

Really what EA needs is new management, not a merger. They have solid studios and solid IPs, it just all needs a lot of TLC.

i was at like 72, 73. but i turned on casual mode and did like 6 hours of side content and i'm now at 85 😬
lol, no worries. The endgame is definitely a bit of a grind, especially after you beat the final boss, since you're probably like level 78-80 (I think that's what I was) and then suddenly there's all these quests and things to do that are up into the 90s. Making it easier to get yourself up there so you can get into the meat of the endgame is much better and a great feature.

Dang y'all are having thunderstorms too?

Had some crazy bolts just dozens of meters from my house. Shook the windows. The power's been off and on all morning. Omu and Bean were freakin out

Yesterday was pretty wild here (south of the Netherlands), but there was an actual tornado in Germany I heard wtf?

I can't imagine an EA sale doing nearly ABK numbers though. EA has been in rough shape for years and is largely propped up by Madden, FIFA and The Sims. And my understanding is that both Madden and FIFA (or whatever it's going to be called without the license) have been incredibly stagnant for a while. Meanwhile The Sims franchise keeps getting shallower and more expansion centric with each new iteration (really if you want to know where GaaS for traditional games started, The Sims 2/3 is a great place to look).

To be brutally honest they're a good candidate for Embracer's rehab program but considering Embracer just reported close to half a billion USD loss in the last year I'm really wondering if their buying spree is going to work out for them in the long-term.

Really what EA needs is new management, not a merger. They have solid studios and solid IPs, it just all needs a lot of TLC.

Oh yeah, I don't expect EA to net nearly what ABK did either.

I don't think they're doing that badly though, Apex also does great for them. Hopefully they can bring back DICE and BioWare to where they used to be, they've made some promising moves at least.

There's a possibility of several days of storms where I am, which should bring the daily highs down to May-like temperatures. At least I've had a preview for what July will be like.
I beat BD2 and Triangle Strategy in casual mode... no shame. I wanted to enjoy the story and music.
I'm doing my NG+ run on Triangle Strategy on Easy and it's great. There's the suggestion of challenge, but no real obstacles yet, which is nice. Should mean I can stick with it and manage a Golden Route run.

There's a possibility of several days of storms where I am, which should bring the daily highs down to May-like temperatures. At least I've had a preview for what July will be like.

I'm doing my NG+ run on Triangle Strategy on Easy and it's great. There's the suggestion of challenge, but no real obstacles yet, which is nice. Should mean I can stick with it and manage a Golden Route run.
Wife, son, work plus school, you get to a point I just want to enjoy a game. Not get frustrated by it.

I will now strart with triangle strategy. Haven't finished a game in months lol.

My older dog haaaaaaates thunderstorms, so I got to hear a lot of barking this morning because he sleeps in my room.

will golf, announced for fall, come on december 9th?

4B7D34F8-2F28-4133-AE3F-1A412030AAF6.gif

I've been going through my Switch library, playing some games I've double dipped on. And I have to say, my memory of Rayman Legends was much more positive. I actually think that had partially to do with me playing the game on a Wii U because the Murphy levels are kind of... not good?

People have misunderstood this project, thinking that when the president of Good Feel announced it in an interview, it was almost finished.

In June of last year, Good Feel opened job offers for the start of an original development in the office that we know that this announced project carries. The website talks about the start of development, so the president probably announced the game in pre-production status and in June 2021 production began.

Since it's a part of the company that makes smaller games, like Monkey Barrels, it shouldn't take 3-4 years to get it, but it doesn't look as ready as people thought when that image came out.
It was clear it was in the concept art phase, but he also mentions a 2021 targeted release date.

"Hello professor. You want me to join your class? Why should I join?
"I don't want to have to murder you after the time skip"
"What? I don't understand"
"Just join my class damn it!"

My grandma has bought a capture card, webcam, and mic for my grandpa’s Breath of the Wild videos. Hope you’re all pumped to see a 75-yr-old rage at missed jumps and hard puzzles. I will share a link here once his first video goes up, which may take a while yet.

Is there anything else that we’d need to buy for him to do this?

If EA and Bioware were remotely capable, I'd love a Mass Effect MMO. The set up you need is all there with the universe, races etc; the Citadel is a perfect initial hub; there's plenty of locations to gradually add; loads of alien races and potential class builds.

I just have zero faith in those two companies to make that game.

I think my 2017 Macbook Air is on its way out. I keep missing more and more letters when typing, something that never happens on my work device.

For a second I thought this was a real-life scenario and was very confused

Wondering if I should go look for some ciabatta style bread and make myself some cheesey garlic bread to go with the pasta. I'm having garlicky greens with it, but even more garlic and cheese sounds like a great weekend treat.

Wondering if I should go look for some ciabatta style bread and make myself some cheesey garlic bread to go with the pasta. I'm having garlicky greens with it, but even more garlic and cheese sounds like a great weekend treat.
The answer is yes. The answer is always yes. You can't have a Wario profile picture and say no to garlic. And even if you had a different profile picture, you deserve to treat yourself. You've more than earned it.

I saved all the women on my Golden Deer (current) pre timeskip playthrough.

Man i want a PSVITA so much. Such an amazing looking handheld, i just want to get my hands on one and play all the psp games i missed (and well, also psvita games too ofc)

The bread rolls I bought for garlic bread aren't really like ciabatta (not firm enough on the outside), but they smell so good I very nearly am eating this one plain.

I love bread

Feeling a little glum today for no reason whatsoever.

Hope you feel better. June is right around the corner and hopefully we will get some awesome gaming news throughout the summer that will get all of us excited and give us all something to talk about. :)

I've been working on my backlog. My Disney backlog that is. Finally watched Moana last night. Great movie. I also watched The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, and Raya and the Last Dragon over the past few months.

Oh and Pirates of the Caribbean 5...yeah

I've been working on my backlog. My Disney backlog that is. Finally watched Moana last night. Great movie. I also watched The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, and Raya and the Last Dragon over the past few months.

Oh and Pirates of the Caribbean 5...yeah
I started doing that with my sister too.

Watched:

Double Teamed: Dad has good intentions but damn does he suck

Eddie’s Million Dollar cook off: Sexism and another dad that is kinda sucky

Johnny Tsunami: didn’t realize it was a metaphor for segregation with snowboarding vs Skiing lol.

Treasure Planet: what a rather forgettable film and has annoying characters. Looks nice, but it’s really subpar film

Lilo and Stitch: I always liked the film as a kid and enjoyed it much more as an adult.

Toy Story 4: very mediocre and forgettable. Also, really predictable ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom