• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never was a fan of HP. The author being a POS just made it easier to stay away.

If you want a better Harry Potter, please read the Simon Snow series. It's far more interesting and it has a
gay couple as the main characters.
It's fantastic.

If you wanna play Hogwarts Legacy, please buy it used or play another way.
This.

Developers will have already gotten paid for there work and Rowling won't receive any monetary benefits from a used purchase. (Bonus points for being able to beat the game and pass it along someone else)

New Mario Kart courses in 2 minutes potentially maybe (if you're in the US of Late To The Partay)

Oh goodness, is it that time again?

Fuck JK Rowling
Good heavens, just look at the time!

Fuck JK

Fuck JK Fuck JK

Fuck JK Fuck JK

Fuck JK ○-------------------> Fuck JK
I
I
Fuck JK I Fuck JK
I
I
Fuck JK I Fuck JK
I
\/
Fuck JK
Bummer, formating fucked my clock and I'm too lazy to fix it.

I can't support anything associated with JK Rowling anymore. It's disappointing because I really did enjoy the old Harry Potter movies (and I still do).

Transphobic discrimination has no place in this world. Transgender people are beautiful and important.

Soooo we're gonna get a native port to THAT game but not Gotham Knights ?
Maybe Gotham is just that much more graphically intensive than magic wizard place, sadly.
Although, I wouldn't rule anything out until E3. Unless it's already been ruled out.

This.

Developers will have already gotten paid for there work and Rowling won't receive any monetary benefits from a used purchase. (Bonus points for being able to beat the game and pass it along someone else)
If I were to play it this would be how. I'm not buying it new. However, I must admit it still doesn't feel right. Maybe if I got it used I won't talk about on social media. I won't help any positive word of mouth or something like that.

Maybe Gotham is just that much more graphically intensive than magic wizard place, sadly.
Although, I wouldn't rule anything out until E3. Unless it's already been ruled out.
for what little i have seen that game seems more graphically intensive than Gotham Knights which looks like a more refined Arkham Knight. It's really surprising if they can make the former runs natively on Switch.
But yeah, let's wait E3 and/or a potential Switch Drake.

𝔰𝔦𝔟𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔡𝔞𝔯ƙ𝔫𝔬𝔬𝔫 𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔢!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC spoilers but the Paris course had me going like

WTF am I going the wrong way? OH SHIT FUCK INCOMING CARS wait, no, hang on, I am going the right way… then why is everyone going the wrong way?!?!!

I became a Expansion Pack member thingie for Mario Kart 8 DLC. I didn’t know it was $50 for a year… not bad at all. I think it’s a good deal as long as Nintendo keep bringing games to it. I can FINALLY play Majora’s Mask sometime soon

I became a Expansion Pack member thingie for Mario Kart 8 DLC. I didn’t know it was $50 for a year… not bad at all. I think it’s a good deal as long as Nintendo keep bringing games to it. I can FINALLY play Majora’s Mask sometime soon
You can also play the best N64 game: F-Zero X.

Ninja Hideaway is amazing. Not only can it go toe to toe with the best of the original MK8 courses, it’s straight up one of the greatest Mario Kart courses of all time.

Ironically, I thought the Mario Kart Tour courses were the strongest of the bunch, despite me not caring for Tour much. The others are a little simpler, but they do shine at faster speeds (150cc and 200cc.)

Graphically, the new courses are an obvious downgrade compared to the original MK8 courses, but I was having too much fun to care.

The booster course tracks offer an interesting look at what a Switch exclusive Mario Kart might have looked like, since unlike the base tracks they're no longer held back by the limitations of the Wii U. Biggest difference is the track textures, which really benefit from the jump from 1GB to 3.2GB of RAM, noticeably much sharper.
Eh, it's kind of muddled, because, while they certainly put a lot more work into upgrading them, these tracks weren't really made for the Switch either. The mobile heritage of these assets shows through pretty clearly despite some pretty significant visual reworking.
I didn't play SS so maybe I'm wrong, but from what I've heard the games didn't have any mention of past events to give a hint of where in the timeline it takes place.
Yeah, Sword and Shield refused to give literally any evidence that could be used to figure out when they take place. It's not even clear which timeline they belong to.

45022_02.png

I didn't play SS so maybe I'm wrong, but from what I've heard the games didn't have any mention of past events to give a hint of where in the timeline it takes place.
Yeah, Sword and Shield refused to give literally any evidence that could be used to figure out when they take place. It's not even clear which timeline they belong to.
That doesn’t mean they don’t have a place in the timeline! We just don’t know exactly where they fall yet. Probably just sometime after S/M/US/UM. As for which timeline, well, every game (even individual versions) technically takes place in its own timeline, anyway. =P But in terms of the broader umbrella timelines of “timeline where ancient war didn’t happen” or “timeline where ancient war did happen”, yeah, we can’t say for sure, especially since Sword/Shield doesn’t have Mega Evolutions, and I’m not sure if the games even reference them at all or not…

That doesn’t mean they don’t have a place in the timeline! We just don’t know exactly where they fall yet. Probably just sometime after S/M/US/UM. As for which timeline, well, every game (even individual versions) technically takes place in its own timeline, anyway. =P But in terms of the broader umbrella timelines of “timeline where ancient war didn’t happen” or “timeline where ancient war did happen”, yeah, we can’t say for sure, especially since Sword/Shield doesn’t have Mega Evolutions, and I’m not sure if the games even reference them at all or not…
Does Game Freak have an internal idea of where Sword and Shield fit on the timeline? Probably. Is there really any interesting discussion to be had on the topic? IMO, not really. There's just no material.

Of all AAA projects WB could invest the effort into porting day and date on Switch.. they pick the TERF game.. Nope, not supporting it. I'll gladly take MultiVersus instead, that's the one that they should care to bring to Switch.

Of all AAA projects WB could invest the effort into porting day and date on Switch.. they pick the TERF game.. Nope, not supporting it. I'll gladly take MultiVersus instead, that's the one that they should care to bring to Switch.
But this means they figured out how to downport demanding games. That Batman collection could be a real deal after all. With Arkham Knight being another miracle port.

Once again I do have to wonder: how long until I can enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch, fami?

(Hopefully soon after XC3!)

1 million copies sold for Triangle Strategy in 2 weeks! DESERVED!

YESSSSSSS!

I kid you not, Triangle Strategy is literally the best Team Asano game at this moment. And holy crap, isn't that faster than Octopath Traveler??

HD 2D is the best thing Square has ever done and Nintendo knew it would be big and features their games in the Nintendo Switch presentation and other Directs.

1 million copies...LETS GOOOOOOOO! I wonder if it will hit 2 million copies? I can imagine the profit must be really good considering the budget for these games aren't really high.

Fuck JK Rowling and Harry Potter in general, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t fascinated to see what Hogwarts looks like on Switch. Or maybe there really is a Pro model coming this year.

Well, it is a remarkably good TRPG, after all.
Everything about the game is excellent. Except... the story. The whole "warring neighbor nations" trope got really old, they should have gone for another direction. I'd even have settled with "adventurous band of misfits" trope.

I will now bitch about a very particular first world problem.

I reserved tickets for Cirque Du Soleil back in 2019 for 2020 show.
It was understandably postponed due to covid and whole Cirque du Soleil going effectively bankrupt for a while.
Then it was changed to 2021. Which was then postponed due to actual circus people getting covid. Which again, understandable.
It was then changed into 2022 january and eventually 2022 june.
And now, as it was supposed to be held in an arena owned by russian billionaires, it was today canceled completely.

And even though I recognize my own privileges and the situation of the world and everything. I am still pissed. It's great that they don't work with russian oligarchs. It's absolutely the right thing to do and my sorry middle class ass doesn't have to be a factor in any goddamn decisions regarding these things. I can muster rising prices and inconveniences and things. I am protected and I am safe. Those are what matter.

But I am still pissed off. Goddamn covid and goddamn asshole f***ker Kremlin warlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom