• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up knowing a lot of people with N64s, and none of them owned or even rented F-Zero.

I hope they all have Switches and NSO so they can fix that.

Funi sub ended, crunchy trial started(and sub, dub, current w 2022 and mecha lists for sorting made). Now just need to get that year sub gift card in the next week or two.

Also hype for FZero X this weekend even if I do suck at it

As a Californian when I see a winter release date I think "damn, I guess I'll never receive that game then"

As a Virginian, I see winter release date and I think "Oh it can be released tomorrow, but definitely not the day after. Maybe on Tuesday. Oh it can definitely release on Wednesday but most certainly not Thursday. Friday is 50/50."

As a Virginian, I see winter release date and I think "Oh it can be released tomorrow, but definitely not the day after. Maybe on Tuesday. Oh it can definitely release on Wednesday but most certainly not Thursday. Friday is 50/50."
As a fellow Virginian, yep.

Now, obviously the game getting an official light novel adaptation means that Return to Dream Land HD is happening... right?

Hmm, I wonder if this may be a hint at Kirby and the Forgotten Land’s story having some significant ties to Return to Dream Land—well, besides Another Dimension playing some role, because we already know that much—which could be why this is releasing now…

Also we could really use a Kirby lore thread here, lol.

About a month after it stopped being
* ahem *
January
Ratio'd + L + don't care + didn't ask + cope + seethe + pound sand + dilate + go tell Reddit + log off + I'm faster and stronger than you + touch grass + kick rocks + I can smell your stench from here + you're going in my cringe compilation + ratio'd again + you fell off + unsubbed + disliked + blocked + unfollowed + reported + skill issue + cry about it + mald + stfu + exposed + denied + counter ratio'd + stay mad + cringe + I love you + be with me forever + marry me.

I have a friend who is somewhat into collecting retro games and back during uni he told me that he had finally found a good copy of F-Zero X on eBay and that he successfully bid on it. The day it arrived I went to his place and we played the game. After a few rounds he took it out of his N64 and wanted to put it into his shelf only to realize that he had already had a copy of F-Zero X.

He’s gonna be thrilled.

Ratio'd + L + don't care + didn't ask + cope + seethe + pound sand + dilate + go tell Reddit + log off + I'm faster and stronger than you + touch grass + kick rocks + I can smell your stench from here + you're going in my cringe compilation + ratio'd again + you fell off + unsubbed + disliked + blocked + unfollowed + reported + skill issue + cry about it + mald + stfu + exposed + denied + counter ratio'd + stay mad + cringe + I love you + be with me forever + marry me.
trolltrans.gif

Waking up knowing that we'll be able to play F-Zero X at the end of the week. Ice Cube was right, today was a good day

Greetings Famiboards; its a beautiful sunny day here. My days off feel good.

Making progress in Vampyr too. At chapter 5 now and it’s weird. I like weird shit. Docked mode seems to stabalize the game btw.

So, we've been getting one N64 game on NSO each month since the expansion pass came out. We've got, what, 3 games that they've announced for the system that they haven't released yet? Kirby 64, Pokemon Snap, and Mario Golf (I know technically FZero X isn't out yet). Following the pattern, that means all the announced games will be released by June, which is when Nintendo does their mid year direct.

For this next batch of N64 game announcements, I'm hoping for DK64, Diddy Kong Racing, and Banjo-Tooie. Maybe also Pilot Wings 64.

For this next batch of N64 game announcements, I'm hoping for DK64, Diddy Kong Racing, and Banjo-Tooie. Maybe also Pilot Wings 64.
I wouldn't necessarily expect the games to continue to be announced in batches. I'm not expecting the monthly releases to continue past October, either.

Game Boy will become the highlight at some point.

Cranking out N64 games at a steady pace. Maybe we’ll get GB this year on switch.
Everybody expecting Nintendo to announce further N64 titles in June, but what they'll actually do is add GB and GBC and abandon weekly N64 titles in favour of the "it happens when it happens" approach to subscriptions.*

*I expect GB NSO this year, probably September or October. Nintendo should be able to manage at least 12 months of monthly N64 releases...

Everybody expecting Nintendo to announce further N64 titles in June, but what they'll actually do is add GB and GBC and abandon weekly N64 titles in favour of the "it happens when it happens" approach to subscriptions.*

*I expect GB NSO this year, probably September or October. Nintendo should be able to manage at least 12 months of monthly N64 releases...
Y'know what, I'd be cool with this too.

I remember last time I checked the best selling games on the Apple TV app store it was

1) some jackbox party game
2) some jackbox party game
3) some jackbox party game
4) Chrono Trigger

Just finished Triangle Strategy. Got a really sad, bittersweet ending that brought me to tears. The game is a slow burner, and becomes really difficult by the end (without getting those stupidly long and hard battles that killed Octopath for me), but it gets really good, even in the writing, they really stepped up their game on this one.

If you like tactical RPGs, don’t be off-putted by the lame three to four first hours. You’ll probably enjoy this one!

how in the hell has SE not put this on consoles yet

Don't try to make sense out of Square's actions.

Here's a past example. Square ported the HD remaster of Final Fantasy I to 3DS to celebrate Final Fantasy Explorers release on 3DS. But only for Japan. Why? No one knows but Square (pretty sure they don't either). Also neither Wii U and 3DS Virtual Consoles received any of the Final Fantasy releases.

Is there a reason why? IIRC the Pokemon presents is in May before the June Direct (I'm probably wrong).
No real reason. I'm just spitballing.

Although it would give them another chance to show both Mario Strikers and Fire Emblem Warriors again. Plus May would still be early enough that they could announce the Splatoon date there (for July) and finally give it a major blowout.

how in the hell has SE not put this on consoles yet

A friend explained to me that Square just does things without understanding why they do those things. It is the only way I can rationalize them rereleasing every SaGa game while ignoring Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Xenogears, Vagrant Story……

A friend explained to me that Square just does things without understanding why they do those things. It is the only way I can rationalize them rereleasing every SaGa game while ignoring Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Xenogears, Vagrant Story……
Tbh I think the Saga rereleases have more to do with producers wanting to revive the franchise before announcing a whole new game. They did the same with Mana and we know a new game is in the works.

Regarding Xenogears and Vagrant Story, it can be difficult to remaster them while their original creators/producers are no longer working at Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom