• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh need to clear my head of excitement to watch some stuff and do some gaming
Need to get back to Digimon and Kirby sa

Not gonna lie.. I was briefly excited for the Disney Racing game, until they said it was F2P :\

If it's like Asphalt it should be moooostly fine if you just play SP and local multi. But I'd have also prefered a good standalone release like Mario Kart. Ah well...

I'm the only person who voted for No Man's Sky eh?

It barely even excited me, just moreso than anything else.

...You guys think that FE 2022 could release in October, with a June Direct reveal? It'd be a fairly short marketing cycle, but I think it could happen. Or maybe they really will release it in December lol. I don't really see how they could postpone it to next year if we're also getting a remake.

I really wonder who's developing the remake, though? Because Emily didn't specify, and (unless I'm misinterpreting her comment) it seems the new game is actually being developed by IS, with some kind of assistance on the "visual build up" by Gust?

Man, I dunno. Either way, I still think the new game is releasing this year, unless they don't release the remake until 2024. Potentially having XB3, Prime HD, Bayo 3, BotW2, and FE17 by IS in the last 4 months of the year would be wild, lol.

why the fuck would you listen to Xenoblade soundtracks on shuffle when you're already contemplating dropping 2 JRPGs and you've never done the NG+ run of XBC 2 + Torna you thought about doing and now the temptation is just there to scream LET'S GO MOTHERFUCKERS 100 HOURS OF WEEB MADNESS and live in the wilderness with your Switch and your Xenoblades

Glad that Mario Kart Tour is getting even more irrelevant with its content being ported to 8DX, lmao;... ALSO, I don't know if you heard the news, but Mario Strikers and Switch Sports are getting a Brazilian Portuguese localization! (third game with Mario Party Superstars; fourth if you count M&S Tokyo by SEGA), baby steps but great nonetheless!
Well soccer is insanely popular in Brazil so it is a good movement to promote Switch via Mario Strikers. This applies to all south america.

cannot fuckin believe they're DOUBLING THE CONTENT in Mario Kart 8 DX

FOR FREE (with subscription)

why the fuck would you listen to Xenoblade soundtracks on shuffle when you're already contemplating dropping 2 JRPGs and you've never done the NG+ run of XBC 2 + Torna you thought about doing and now the temptation is just there to scream LET'S GO MOTHERFUCKERS 100 HOURS OF WEEB MADNESS and live in the wilderness with your Switch and your Xenoblades
Because it slaps so hard you have to listen to it anyway and yes, nobody has the time to replay the games again before 3 comes out, especially not with everything else releasing in the meantime, but damn it if you don't want to anyway just to see what happens and maybe you just quit life on Earth altogether and sign up for the space colonisation project instead and—

@reconceptualize
Qrm9keq.webp

Honestly, I've just been smiling for the last 19 hours. Do I wish it had more quality of life enhancements and wasn't SE's bare minimum?

Yeah, of course. But I've always loved this game for its story and world, and it's enough to have it introduced to a new generation of players.

Now about that other Chrono game....

The Mario Kart Tour tracks might as well be brand new tracks to me, someone who abhors almost everything about Mario Kart Tour's free-to-play model

I've said it before but imo it's easily their worst mobile game relative to what it could have been. 🤷‍♂️

I remember some rhetoric around the Nintendo Switch hitting it's hardware peak in year one. I'm trying to figure that out after seeing XC3 and No Man's Sky.

Is there still some untapped potential left in the Nintendo Switch? I want to see what else can be ported properly.

...You guys think that FE 2022 could release in October, with a June Direct reveal? It'd be a fairly short marketing cycle, but I think it could happen. Or maybe they really will release it in December lol. I don't really see how they could postpone it to next year if we're also getting a remake.

I really wonder who's developing the remake, though? Because Emily didn't specify, and (unless I'm misinterpreting her comment) it seems the new game is actually being developed by IS, with some kind of assistance on the "visual build up" by Gust?

Man, I dunno. Either way, I still think the new game is releasing this year, unless they don't release the remake until 2024. Potentially having XB3, Prime HD, Bayo 3, BotW2, and FE17 by IS in the last 4 months of the year would be wild, lol.
I think it'll depend on Bayonettrois release date. I could see Bayonetta in August, Xenoblade in September, FE in October and BOTW 2 on November 18th, but if Bayo is October then my guess would be FE in January-March.

I'm glad that Gust is helping on the "visual build up" part though. Atelier Ryza 1 & 2 ran fairly well on the Switch and were visually on par with what I'd expect from a FE game. As for the remake, I assume Koei Tecmo is doing it, but it could also be Grezzo, maybe ?

In all seriousness I hope this er, efficient Mario Kart solution has allowed EPD 9 to either continue with ARMS, or reboot something, or do something new. My pipe-dream was EPD 9 on Wave Race.

In all seriousness I hope this er, efficient Mario Kart solution has allowed EPD 9 to either continue with ARMS, or reboot something, or do something new. My pipe-dream was EPD 9 on Wave Race.
Dardan's EPD9 FPS may yet come to fruition.

I just realized something. Remember when Tour was linked to MK8D last year and we thought it was for cross-promotion purposes? Turns out it was for DLC, and they probably started working on it around that time.

Honestly, I've just been smiling for the last 19 hours. Do I wish it had more quality of life enhancements and wasn't SE's bare minimum?

Yeah, of course. But I've always loved this game for its story and world, and it's enough to have it introduced to a new generation of players.

Now about that other Chrono game....

For as much attention as Square have been giving to their back catalog these last five years, I refuse to believe that Chrono Trigger is going to be left in the dust.

They HAVE to be working on something with this game.

The hypothetical but totally happening EPD9 FPS is a double edged sword. On one hand, it should happen (which it is) because it would be very good, popular and successful (pretty much 100% lock, no question). On the other hand, it would also mean that EPD9 would rotate between it and (the inferior and less successful) Mario Kart series. Which would mean no more weirdo experiments like Arms.

I think with just how much stuff is in the pipeline for Switch still I’m just going to skip PS5/XSX. I already don’t have enough time to play all the Switch games I want to! I’ve had a X1X for years and barely use it, not even for game pass. I think I’m good with just Nintendo at this point in my life.

Booster Pass (COVID joke?) is close because that’s more than I ever expected, but it has to go to Portal + Portal 2 because I really never thought it was going to happen, especially with the Deck coming out

I hope we get gyro aiming. And Half-Life 2 (and 2-1 + 2-2) would also be a dream that suddenly seems plausible, even if it isn’t soon.

Nintendo Switch Sports also calls to me in a big way, and I’m 100% getting it at that price, I’m just a little iffy on the new XBOX 360 LIVE guys. A big part of the Mii charm is that they a) can look goofy as hell b) can be anyone you want c) fill out the teams so you never know who’ll show up

If I can’t go bowling with Marina Abramović, Bell Hooks, Alucard, and Ricky from Trailer Park Boys… I’ll be a little disappointed

they should add 1v1 archery for Abramović

Xenoblade, Strikers, Kirby, Live A Live, Chrono Cross, and Splatoon all have my money already. Switch Sports is almost guaranteed too smh I'm going bankrupt in 2022

I think with just how much stuff is in the pipeline for Switch still I’m just going to skip PS5/XSX. I already don’t have enough time to play all the Switch games I want to! I’ve had a X1X for years and barely use it, not even for game pass. I think I’m good with just Nintendo at this point in my life.
I am at the point where I could almost get away with just owning a Switch. However, as long as Naughty Dog makes games for PlayStation and the PS5 keeps making systems that play movies, there is no reason for me not to own one.

Booster Pass (COVID joke?) is close because that’s more than I ever expected, but it has to go to Portal + Portal 2 because I really never thought it was going to happen, especially with the Deck coming out

I hope we get gyro aiming. And Half-Life 2 (and 2-1 + 2-2) would also be a dream that suddenly seems plausible, even if it isn’t soon.

It's being handled by NVIDIA Lightspeed Studios which did in fact port HL2 and the two Episodes to Android (among other things like Metal Gear Rising Revengeance).

Ok, it is after 9 am CST on Feb 10th. Why can I not play Spy Fox already?????? It was scheduled to launch today!

also I would like to tap your collective brains for a sec

I have the foggiest memory of a game I played in the 90s on what was most likely MacOS 9 (though possibly Windows 95 instead… or even DOS because I am dust)

it was vector graphics, all lines on black, in a 3D space like the old Atari “Battle Zone” game… but more colorful?

and if I remember right there were ramps you could go up in the space and collect things in your little not-right line tank

but most distinctly I remember triangular prisms trying to destroy you, kinda like the end credits shooter in Smultimate Brothertimate

does this exist or are my deepest core memories planted by something not familiar with the specifics of our world?

I have been busy with the Switch ever since it released, and made it my primary system to the point that the only PS4 games I played since were… Nioh (enjoyed a lot), Nioh 2 (fell off quickly), Sekiro (fine), Nier Automata (amazing), and God of War (meh). And Elden Ring, in two weeks.

It is nice to have a second platform to play games on that you could not play otherwise and I am not quite ready to go Nintendo only, but if third party support continues to improve with Switch 2/whatever, I could see myself getting there.

Nintendo Switch Sports also calls to me in a big way, and I’m 100% getting it at that price, I’m just a little iffy on the new XBOX 360 LIVE guys. A big part of the Mii charm is that they a) can look goofy as hell b) can be anyone you want c) fill out the teams so you never know who’ll show up

If I can’t go bowling with Marina Abramović, Bell Hooks, Alucard, and Ricky from Trailer Park Boys… I’ll be a little disappointed

they should add 1v1 archery for Abramović

It makes sense to bring Portal over even with the Deck out. At this point, you can only purchase a Steam Deck if you already have a Steam account and there is a que to get one. Basically, anyone that is buying a Deck probably already have the Portal games. The Deck probably won't have a significant impact on PC game sales. It's not bringing in a new audience. It's a product for people who are already part of the Steam ecosystem.

For as much attention as Square have been giving to their back catalog these last five years, I refuse to believe that Chrono Trigger is going to be left in the dust.

They HAVE to be working on something with this game.

No doubt. It's begging for a remake in the 2D-HD style, and I'm hoping that's the plan.

They could easily plan for a future game to be any of those styles too. 2D-HD, 3D, 2D only... the series doesn't have to be an AAA experience graphically if the writing, music, and gameplay all shine.

MK8 Booster Shot gets the nod from me. I love that game so much and can't believe they're going all '90s Map Pack on it. 🥲

The hypothetical but totally happening EPD9 FPS is a double edged sword. On one hand, it should happen (which it is) because it would be very good, popular and successful (pretty much 100% lock, no question). On the other hand, it would also mean that EPD9 would rotate between it and (the inferior and less successful) Mario Kart series. Which would mean no more weirdo experiments like Arms.

What if the EPD9 FPS IS a weirdo experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom