• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at the point where I could almost get away with just owning a Switch. However, as long as Naughty Dog makes games for PlayStation and the PS5 keeps making systems that play movies, there is no reason for me not to own one.
There is definitely still a few things that interest me that aren’t on Switch, but I almost think it’ll be better for myself if I just take away the option. Maybe I’ll actually focus on all the Switch games I still need to get through instead of just bouncing around 🤣

Movies are a good point though. I guess I’ll always keep my X1X to play blu rays.

Direct was fun, it was particularly hilarious seeing so many predictions and expectations shatter.

I still can't believe they're remaking Live A Live, it's like Square really wants to re-release all their SNES catalog... WHEN'S TERRANIGMA?!

Direct was fun, it was particularly hilarious seeing so many predictions and expectations shatter.

I still can't believe they're remaking Live A Live, it's like Square really wants to re-release all their SNES catalog... WHEN'S TERRANIGMA?!
It does seem like it. I just wonder what the wait is on Chrono Trigger. Or Mario RPG.

poor klonoa :(
I never realized how many Klonoa games existed. I thought there were maybe a couple of 3D games plus one GBA game, but no, turns out there are way more than that. It has definitely flown under my radar all this time.

In all seriousness I hope this er, efficient Mario Kart solution has allowed EPD 9 to either continue with ARMS, or reboot something, or do something new. My pipe-dream was EPD 9 on Wave Race.
Yeah and it has to be ready soon right? Probably this year? But am not sure where it would stand in a packed lineup. Probably Q1 2023

Paper Mario: The Origami King is on sale again (40€, EU eShop), and I am once again asking everyone to buy and play this superb video game.

I get the feeling that Mouthful Mode was just the codename during development but after months of staff cackling every time someone said the name out loud, they decided to just make it official.

Last edited:
Yeah and it has to be ready soon right? Probably this year? But am not sure where it would stand in a packed lineup. Probably Q1 2023
Honestly, I'm not sure. EPD are now confirmed to be shipping Mario Kart DLC, Switch Sports, Splatoon 3, and Zelda this year. The first is obviously not going to be a particularly intense endeavour, given they're mostly adjusting existing material from Tour; Splatoon 3 is probably a bigger project than Sports, but both will have some degree of ongoing support; Zelda is obviously the most resource intensive but it will also have some support from Monolith Soft. That being said, that's a fair chunk of the central internal resources.

If there's also a 1-2 Switch sequel shipping, then I'm wondering if the room for EPD to ship anything else this year is limited. It's not impossible - but this is already EPD's biggest year since 2019 (Labo VR, Mario Maker 2, Ring Fit Adventure).

Really tempted by FE Three Hopes, since it’s based on a single game all classes and weapons in that game should actually be playable this time! Though I probably need to go read a plot summary… contemplating finally going back to my copy of fire emblem awakening although I was maybe 8 missions in and it’s been years so I’d probably restart

The hypothetical but totally happening EPD9 FPS is a double edged sword. On one hand, it should happen (which it is) because it would be very good, popular and successful (pretty much 100% lock, no question). On the other hand, it would also mean that EPD9 would rotate between it and (the inferior and less successful) Mario Kart series. Which would mean no more weirdo experiments like Arms.
Where did we first hear about EPD9 FPS? Nintendo finally making a Halo killer a decade and a half after its prime?

It's being handled by NVIDIA Lightspeed Studios which did in fact port HL2 and the two Episodes to Android (among other things like Metal Gear Rising Revengeance).
...was that Jon Cartwright tweet a meaningful hint? Or am I overthinking?

I guess chances are slim, but has anyone here played GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon on Switch? I have been looking forward to it, and it got shadow-dropped after the Direct.

Mostly interested in how performance is for this game.

Damn, I was actually excited for a competitive Nintendo-shooter that wasn't TPS like Splatoon lol

If we're being serious about this for a moment, I think our best shot is a multiplayer mode in Metroid Prime 4. I sadly don't see Nintendo touching the genre otherwise.

I'm beginning to get more and more interested in this game the more I hear about it.
It’s worth it just for the OST alone. I only played one or two chapters of the excellent AGTP fan translation years ago but it’s a solid and unique JRPG.

I cannot overstate how happy I am that Square has been reaching into the archives and re-releasing all these “holy grails” that basically required people to be comfortable with applying rom hacks and emulation to enjoy. And in some cases they’re going above and beyond like with giving LAL the HD-2D treatment.

It’s so good and I cannot believe this is happening.

If we're being serious about this for a moment, I think our best shot is a multiplayer mode in Metroid Prime 4. I sadly don't see Nintendo touching the genre otherwise.
Alas, I believe you to be right. I would love so much to see multiplayer return if only because I thoroughly enjoyed the online multiplayer community of MP Hunters on DS. Towards the end of the game's lifespan I found a small group on GameFAQS who still regularly played the game back then and without even trying we'd often end up on the same matches because it was so rare to see more people playing as the online population dwindled.

I never got to play MP2 multiplayer and I have no idea if it's as bad or not as bad as people made it out to be, but Hunters was fun as hell and I wish Nintendo would give the genre an earnest shot. Especially when it's woefully underrepresented on the Switch with a full paid title that isn't mtx f2p nonsense.

Just for your interest - you might want to check out the latest chat over in the First Party Development thread. It's not yet clear how much involvement EPD have with Switch Sports, or whether it's possible that another developer have either assisted with it, or even provided the bulk of the development team (NdCube and Bandai-Namco being potential candidates).

Alas, I believe you to be right. I would love so much to see multiplayer return if only because I thoroughly enjoyed the online multiplayer community of MP Hunters on DS. Towards the end of the game's lifespan I found a small group on GameFAQS who still regularly played the game back then and without even trying we'd often end up on the same matches because it was so rare to see more people playing as the online population dwindled.

I never got to play MP2 multiplayer and I have no idea if it's as bad or not as bad as people made it out to be, but Hunters was fun as hell and I wish Nintendo would give the genre an earnest shot. Especially when it's woefully underrepresented on the Switch with a full paid title that isn't mtx f2p nonsense.

The Echoes multiplayer doesn't even really compare, it's a really barebones sidemode compared to what Hunters offered. I've been hoping for a while that they remaster the Hunters multi and put it as a free title on NSO which would at least kill the F2P issues.

I understand that we're a bit strapped for cash here and have to rent out the forums from time to time, but can we all agree to never rent to Nintendo fans ever again? That was dreadful. They were everywhere and all they talked about was weeb stuff. Their words didn't even make sense. What the frick is a Triangle Strategy? Live A Live? How about you live far away from me? 😤

At least now we can get back to what this forum was made for, discussing Chia Pet collecting. Has anyone picked up any of the three Baby Yoda Chia Pets? They look neato.

baby-yoda-chia-pets.jpg

I realize now that Rosalina is a Nintendo fan's version of Lady Dimitrescu. It just wasn't as obvious because the fandom didn't go full horny on Twitter all at once.
ugh okay

I haven't hornyposted in a long, long time here because it's cringe

but

pokémon arceus has a woman who's almost twice the height of the player character and that is absolutely my dimitrescu

captain zisu iirc

So yesterday I was shopping for groceries and I just realised I must have accidentally grabbed a can of 'Cheese and Onion' Pringles instead of 'Sour Cream and Onion', and now my day is ruined.

ugh okay

but

pokémon arceus has a woman who's almost twice the height of the player character and that is absolutely my dimitrescu

captain zisu iirc

Hey she even has red hair

Well soccer is insanely popular in Brazil so it is a good movement to promote Switch via Mario Strikers. This applies to all south america.
absolutely, yeah! No less than in the world cup year! and I say that as someone who doesn't care about soccer at all ~

but, it's more clear to me that Nintendo is starting slowly with more casual games, but it's important since there's plenty of written instructions on these games, so kids can understand it now!

ugh okay

but

captain zisu iirc

I got this message on launch day

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

fucking coomers

I guess chances are slim, but has anyone here played GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon on Switch? I have been looking forward to it, and it got shadow-dropped after the Direct.

Mostly interested in how performance is for this game.
Downloaded it and will play it tonight. Really looking forward to it.

Hey at least the PLA discussion is about the human characters, we're better than other places on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom