• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a male NPC in the third region of Pokemon Legends and all I have to say to him is "Good for you man. You're a lucky guy."

giphy.gif

I can't find an exact image of Mario standing next to Rosalina in Galaxy 1 but this Rosalina ghost thing from Galaxy 2 is close enough

hqdefault.jpg

Not to brag, but Iโ€™m much like the Nintendo Switch myself (in the sense that Iโ€™m theoretically halfway through my life span and already showing my age, but also surprisingly spry.)

I realize now that Rosalina is a Nintendo fan's version of Lady Dimitrescu. It just wasn't as obvious because the fandom didn't go full horny on Twitter all at once.
oy what the fuck is this about??

are people seriously fucking hornyposting about Rosalina??

god forbid I have one Nintendo character who extremely vaguely resembles me and or my general vibe that people arenโ€™t creeps about on the internet!!

guess I should see what the fuck youโ€™re referring to before changing my profile picture to a fucking brick wall or some shit but Iโ€™m not optimistic

The highest liked tweet and shared was Mario Strikers in NA.

Ya think this sports game might be much bigger then the last few? Football is huge everywhere compared to any other sport.

Direct was fun, it was particularly hilarious seeing so many predictions and expectations shatter.

I still can't believe they're remaking Live A Live, it's like Square really wants to re-release all their SNES catalog... WHEN'S TERRANIGMA?!
Square is turning the Switch into SNES 2 and I am here for it.

Also I love Rosalina but for completely wholesome reasons. And two of my dearest friends are taller-than-me ladies and I absolutely adore them. Tall girls are rad and I always wanna root for them.
I wanted to find a way to add Rosalinappreciation to the pile in a way that cannot be interpreted as horny but this is the internet and anything can be spun so I hope that wasn't too bad.

Not to brag, but Iโ€™m much like the Nintendo Switch myself (in the sense that Iโ€™m theoretically halfway through my life span and already showing my age, but also surprisingly spry.)
Same here, (in the sense that I, too, am showing my age and while I'm finally hitting my stride in some ways I'm also having to face mental health issues, unemployment, and fear about what the future holds in terms of socioeconomic situations so I'm really, really hoping I get a Pro model this year.)

Been playing Pokรฉmon legends all morning and finally got motivation to play. I am having a blast with it.

I took a break so I donโ€™t run the risk of a headache but will play more later

Isn't there a Pokemon thing around Feb almost every year? What are the chances of one of those this month?

NINTENDO DIRECT featuring
  • Sports
  • Mario Sports
  • EneMii Sports
  • MLB Sports
  • MurderRat MotorSports
  • Mario MotorSports
  • Weeby WarSports
  • Triangle Sportegy
  • Splorts
  • Sportal
mama mia! thatโ€™s a spicy sport-a-ball!

now if only Sports Story showed upโ€ฆ

It has come to my attention that some people have FOOLISHLY joined #TeamMay instead of #TeamJune. Well to those Team May peasants, I want you to know that I was born in May, so I can assure you that nothing good has ever happened in that month.

rip Wave Race and Pilotwings fans when Nintendo Switch Sports sells one gazillion copies in the first 47 seconds and they decide to make Nintendo Switch Motorsports

Good-Feel could do a good job with it and would be a fairly likely bet. I'd also wondered if Way Forward might be able to do a good job under EPD's supervision, and then they ended up on Advance Wars.
Indeed, Good-Feel has already worked on Wario Land in the past and has continued to work heavily with Nintendo, which makes them appear a likely candidate.

I could see WayForward as an option. I'm actually kind of curious whether Nintendo intends to develop a partnership with them in general. It would seem fitting (and there's the in for Shantae in Smash as people have been clamoring for. Y'all happy?)

Again, I'd -- somewhat jokingly -- thrown Mercury Steam into consideration. I'm not sure it would be their first choice, nor Nintendo for them, but wouldn't really know.

An interesting thought might be Retro Studios. It's just a little thing, but they did go to the Virtual Boy iteration of Wario Land to research the background/foreground platforming for Donkey Kong. I'm not sure how much capability they have to work on something like this and another project, though (crazy to think, way back when in the olden days, most probably would have expected them to reach such capability). Would the internet be ready for another sidescrolling game from them?

Clearly Good-Feel will be announced to have long been producing a bizarre crafted Tingle adventure, and then Wario Land will be revealed from elsewhere.

Given WarioWare seems to fall outside the infamous Mario Mandate (though some of that might be grandfathered in), I wonder how much Wario Land might really be able to get away with.

I wonder if we'll see a sequel to 2017's best game this year

Yakuza Zero babyyyyyyyy
At least go with the Japanese release date and claim it's the best game of 2015. That way it only has to go against.......

checks notes

Bloodborne, Undertale, The Witcher 3, Super Mario Maker, Metal Gear Solid V, and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

look yโ€™all Iโ€™m gonna make a bold statement I may come to regret

I will play Xenoblade Chronicles 3 if it cuts down on the shit that really put me off Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Sports plus the leg strap is ยฃ39.99 in the UK on Nintendo's store, which is the same price point as WarioWare and 1-2 Switch. At most, the physical release is probably $49.99 in the US.

Digital price in the UK is the slightly odd ยฃ30.99, so ยฃ5 more than GameBuilder Garage. Might be looking at $49.99 physical in the US and $39.99 digital.

At least go with the Japanese release date and claim it's the best game of 2015. That way it only has to go against.......

checks notes

Bloodborne, Undertale, The Witcher 3, Super Mario Maker, Metal Gear Solid V, and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
It's easily better than most of those and only slightly better than the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom