• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All i need from Nintendo now is that sweet "Holiday 2022" for BotW 2 in June and the year is set in terms of Nintendo / Switch stuff.

Did anyone making a bingo card actually get a bingo?

I only got Splatoon and Xenoblade right.

just realized that they didn't show Batman.

In all seriousness, I'm over the Fire Emblem Warriors stuff now. My disappointment mainly stemmed from the fact that Nate's latest podcast episode finally made things fall into place that I heard separately from him. I was more confident in a new mainline FE making an appearance than most of the other stuff they showed in the Direct. For them to start with FEW was kind of a gut punch but as I said, it's fine now. Emily's and Nate's comments after the announcement give me some reassurance but I'm not holding my breath for an announcement any time soon. It happens when it happens if it happens. Three Hopes itself looks good but I probably won't buy it unless I really want to revisit the Three Houses cast.

The rest of the Direct was actually extremely to my liking. I went into it not expecting any surprises at all... and half of it ended up being surprises, the majority of them being pleasant. As I said in a different thread, I really didn't want Mario Strikers to return out of fear that it might lose what made the original two special. Battle League looks a bit different but still great in its own right.

Splatoon 3 had a bit of a weird showing, admittedly. I posted before the Direct that I'd love to see the return of Salmon Run, which I got, but the music gave that entire segment such a weird, lowkey vibe. Absolutely lost it at the Kirby trailer and Mouthful Mode. And then again at Mario Kart DLC.

I also still haven't gotten over the fact that we're getting a Wii Sports revival. Even though I'm a tiny bit let down by the sports selection at launch (three net sports, really?), it's nice that they've already announced future updates. I don't need every discipline to come back but it'd be nice to get more than Golf. Baseball, Basketball and Archery would be very nice. Frisbee could/should come with Golf. Another very specific wish is that they bring back the different sub modes. Chanbara definitely needs Showdown from Resorts to come back.

And of course, last but not least, tons of exciting JRPG content. Just show me that Xeno combat already.

I'm going to keep saying it but I can not get over how excited I am for Kirby. This is normally a series where I'd be like "oh neat, that's nice". Now I'm awake until 4am muttering "turn Kirby into a vending machine hehehe" over and over.

Oh I didn't comment about it but omg I'm really excited for Live A Live. HD 2D continues to be the best thing from Square. Day 1. Especially from the high priase I have been hearing about it.

• Pokémon Legends
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League
  • Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Advance Wars 1+2 Remake
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Switch Sports
  • Kirby
  • Splatoon 3
  • Live a Live
  • MK8 DLC

With more to come ???

It really is Switch's best year

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 looks absolutely beautiful and the new characters are from entirely different universe than fanservice of old.

Even with that though Monolith will not fool me for new 60 hour fetch quest galore.

I'll just be battle royale bowling with my family and friends as XC fans try to complete the next 12 blackwoods to distant village assignment.

If the new Fire Emblem really releases in December with Zelda in November then it would be a disaster for me lmao
At that point I’d prefer one of them (FE) to come out in Jan/Feb

I think an interesting side note is with Nintendo offering new Mario Kart 8 content until the end of 2023, it pretty much confirms no Switch 2 until 2024 at the earliest. If a new console was coming out anytime before then, they'd just save the resources assigned to the DLC to just...make a new Mario Kart instead.

Switch Sports kinda supports this too. This is going to be a big evergreen seller for Nintendo and they're going to want to give it a good 2-3 years on the market uninterrupted.

You certainly can't say Nintendo is pulling back support from the Switch based on the strength of this recent showing. If anything they're leaning HARD into 2022 and beyond here. Definitely indicates they're perfectly happy with how the console is performing.

...maybe it does have a shot at unseating the PS2 after all...

Poll:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is hands down my favorite announcement of the direct. But as it was such a good direct it deserves to have a top5!

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
2. Super Mario Strikers
3. Live A Live
4. Mario Kart 8 DLC
5. GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon shadowdrop

Great announcements in the direct - if there's something that was a bit dissapointing to me - was the Splatoon segment, it just looks like more Splatoon 2 to me..
Also April/May looks kinda thin FOR ME as I dont care about either Advance War and Switch Sports and may is empty. But MK8 DLC, Triangle Strategy and Kirby from March will hold me over until mid may at least =) But once June and July kicks in I am in for a treat.

I also realized the next time we see a direct asuming we're gonna see it around june - we're gonna see BotW2, We're gonna see more of XC3, We're gonna see more of Bayonetta, we're gonna see Metroid Prime Remake and whatever else they have up their sleeves. Good times

...I just realised how summer is utterly insane??

Splatoon 3 Summer
Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Summer
Fire Emblem: Three Hopes June 24
AI Nirvana June 24 (SAME DAY AS FE!?)
Live A Live July 22

What a line up.

Have to say that was probably my favorite Direct of all time -- and I'm not even that interested in buying a majority of the games presented. It was just really well produced and made me happy that there was such a diversity of offerings presented. AND... AND... it really really demonstrates the HUGE catalog and depth of genres and characters and franchises Nintendo has to pull from. They had this strong a Direct without even a hint of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, Pokemon, and a Mario platformer -- their 5 biggest IPs aside of Mario Kart. And of course, out of nowhere, they can pull randomly pull out a sequel to their best selling game of all time from over 15 years ago and know that it will perform amazingly. Kinda makes those lonely Wii U years feel worth it a bit.

Realising that Live A Live is a 20 to 30 hour game and getting even more hyped because of massive RPG anxiety.

Seriously though I might have to drop my current JRPGs thanks to limited time and health stuff so that I can finally get No More Heroes 3 done and move on to Triangle Strategy ahead of Kirby. After that, pacing's solid with RPG purchases in July and September.

110% HYPED CATEGORY:Neat, Ok, Happy, Will Buy/Play/Enjoy:Neat, Ok, Will Consider, Probably Won't Buy:Neat, But Personally Don't Care:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Live A Live
Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run
Mario Kart 8 DX - Booster Course Pass
NSO EarthBound
Mario Strikers: Battle League
Nintendo Switch Sports
Front Mission 1st + 2 Remakes
No Man's Sky
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series
Portal: Companion Collection
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Disney Speedstorm
SD Gundam Battle Alliance
Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival
Neat idea, here's mine:

110% HYPED CATEGORY:Neat, Ok, Happy, Will Buy/Play/Enjoy:Neat, Ok, Will Consider, Probably Won't Buy:Neat, But Personally Don't Care:
N/AKirby and the Forgotten Land
NSO EarthBound

No Man's Sky

Nintendo Switch Sports
Disney Speedstorm
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Live A Live
Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Everything else

Nervous intern: Furukawa-san, we have compiled the trailer for Splatoon 3. Should we include the release date?

Furukawa: What?? Give them the release date...? Just... give it to them? With no effort to obscure it, or to force them to work for it?

Nervous intern: F-F-F-Fu--

Furukawa: DON'T YOU DARE SWEAR AT ME

Nervous intern: But sir!

Furukawa: Yes! Don't swear. That's what I said.

Nervous intern: o-ok Furukawa-san. So, where should we put the release date?

Furukawa: Hm? Oh, the release date. Don't include it in the trailer. Those plebians must work for it. Stick it in a QR code and make it difficult to find. laughs

Stealing this from @MisterSpo so I can join the ranking fun

Nintendo Switch Sports
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Live A Live
Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run
NSO EarthBound

Portal: Companion Collection (for my girlfriend)
No Man's Sky
Disney Speedstorm

edit: whoops, Klonoa needed to be upgraded one spot

Last edited:
If August is correct for Splatoon 3, May is empty and July just has Live A Live, which Nintendo seem to be publishing internationally. One of those months probably gets Everybody In The Focus Group Hates This Game, and I'd guess there might be another release around that time Nintendo are so far hiding from view.

If August is correct for Splatoon 3, May is empty and July just has Live A Live, which Nintendo seem to be publishing internationally. One of those months probably gets Everybody In The Focus Group Hates This Game, and I'd guess there might be another release around that time Nintendo are so far hiding from view.
Emily seemed to strongly hint (aka flat out say) that Everybody Horse should be launching in May.

So MonolithSoft's medieval game was Zelda after all, or it could be an unannounced third game?
There was never any clear sign it existed or progressed into full development; the artwork and description may have simply been part of a recruitment drive rather than a full project. The only things they were certainly at work on were Xenoblade DE and Xenoblade 3 (Monolith Soft Production Group 1) and helping with Zelda (Monolith Soft Production Group 2).

It's not impossible it exists, but it shouldn't be taken as a done deal.

May is empty in terms of third party too. Literally only release is Two Point Campus. Someone announce something for it asap.

Emily seemed to strongly hint (aka flat out say) that Everybody Horse should be launching in May.
That makes sense. I wonder if they'll have anything for a sudden release in July; maybe they give everybody's wallets a break until things kick off again with Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, Bayonetta 3, and Breath of the Wild 2 coming in August through December.

Pretty funny we could get Splatoon, Xenoblade, and Bayonetta 3 in August, September, and October.

Only commenting on the Direct now, but that was phenomenal! A great showcase with very well paced (aside of Koizumi and Takahashi playing Switch Sports, I guess? lol) announcements and megatons too boot!

Glad that Mario Kart Tour is getting even more irrelevant with its content being ported to 8DX, lmao;... ALSO, I don't know if you heard the news, but Mario Strikers and Switch Sports are getting a Brazilian Portuguese localization! (third game with Mario Party Superstars; fourth if you count M&S Tokyo by SEGA), baby steps but great nonetheless!

Fuccin best Direct in a LONG TIME! I am hyped for the games coming out this year. I may not get em all on release, but got damn they all seem up my alley.

I'll do one too! :)

110% Hyped Category

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Neat, OK, Happy, will probably buy

Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run
Neat, OK, will consider

Live A Live
No Man's Sky

Neat, but personally don't care

Stealing this great idea from @MisterSpo :

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Live A Live
Triangle Strategy
Nintendo Switch Sports
Splatoon 3 (waiting for the solo reveal to know if I'll buy the game or not because that's the only thing I care about)
GetsuFumaDen
No Man's Sky
Disney Speedstorm

Damn, that Direct was such a banger. Looking forward to the eventual Pokemon Presents for this month too. Plus I feel good about having enough time to play through BotW since BotW2 (if I can get into it this time) seems like it's a holiday 2022 title.

Now I'm listening to Xenoblade soundtracks on shuffle and a) really really wanting to do XBC2 + Torna for a second time before XBC3 somehow and b) gradually experiencing building Mario Kart excitement. I was more surprised than excited by that, but I think I'm remembering just how excellent 8DX is. Time to stalk the thread and see if folk have figured out what the first 8 courses are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom