• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts of each direct announcement:
1) FE Warriors: Three Hopes: a complete logical steep to do another fe warriors but re-using everything they can from Three Houses.
2) Advance Wars 1+2: didn't see too much difference between what was shown last year but I'm really interested, seem to be a complete package of both AW games.
3) No Man's Sky: the new "impossible" port, lets see how it runs but is good Hello Games made it natively and don't go for the cheap cloud solution.
4) Mario Strikers Battle League: not a soccer fan but I know some of you here asked for these, It will be very popular in europe and by christmass season it will be world cup time. I'm sure a Baseball Mario is next
5) Splatoon 3: not interested too but its will be huge, sadly they didn't say any release date, hopefully it will be release by end july.
6) Front Missions/Live a Live 2D-HD/Chrono Cross:/Triangle Strategy Square-Enix is full nostalgic on Switch. Sadly they aren't interested on porting their 3D Action RPGs like Nier or Kingdom Hearts (as native).
7) Disney Speedstorm: at least is free right?
8) Star Wars FU: don't understand why its based on wii version...
9) Klonoa/Taiko/SD Gundam: okey Bandai-Namco support
10) Metroid Dread free update: cool, need to play mainline game first lol.
11) Kirby and TFL: hopefully this delivers, its on my current aim now
12) Switch Sports: Somethings lots of you wanted, not interested for me but as a $40, it will sell well. The new avatars are still called Miis by Nintendo, maybe they will re-use them for Tomadochi?
13) Portal Compilation: Maybe this will lead to a Half-Life 2 remaster :)
14) Various third party titles (AC Ezio, Zombie Arms 4, Cuphead, etc): ok stuff.
15) Mario Kart 8 DX DLC: after 5 years they decided to release more dlc lol. Although I think they will re-use MK Tour tracks as much as possible
16) Xenoblade 3: finally its announced, really excited for these.
17) Earthbound 1/0 on NSO: never played them so I will checked later. I think sometime in the future they will remake Mother 3.

So now that the Direct is over, uh...what do we do now? Play videogames, I guess?
Psx8uh4.jpg

Nintendo-published titles for 2022 so far

January 2022
Pokemon Legends: Arceus

March 2022
Triangle Strategy
Kirby and the Forgotten Lands

April 2022
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp
Nintendo Switch Sports

June 2022
Mario Strikers: Battle League
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

July 2022
Live A Live

September 2022
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Summer 2022
Splatoon 3

TBA 2022
Bayonetta 3
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
The sequel to the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

January 2022

March 2022
Triangle Strategy

April 2022
Nintendo Switch Sports

June 2022

July 2022
Live A Live

September 2022
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Summer 2022
Splatoon 3

TBA 2022
Bayonetta 3
I wonder how stacked the second half is going to be.

So now that the Direct is over, uh...what do we do now? Play videogames, I guess?
Celebrated the great direct with another 3 hours or so in Arceus. Cleared the 3rd area, then caught a bunch of new pokemon and did some exploring. Will probably start Earthbound over the weekend

oh I totally forgot about Arceus. Been watching Direct prediction and reaction videos for the past two days lol

Nate promised a new episode of his podcast this weekend, which is poggers, but I'm worried that there might not be a Manscaped ad. 😢 Last time there wasn't and quite frankly it ruined the entire episode. 😤

Why does Nate make MVG try all the Manscaped products? He's always the one giving the testimony. Is Nate already flawless? 🤔

Y'all know if they manage to bring back Nintendogs then we aren't getting another Nintendo console for a while.

Ok fine. I'll do what no one else seems to have the guts to do! Here is my 2023 calendar predictions!!!

January- Diddy Kong Racing comes to NSO
February- Kid Icarus Uprising HD
March- Wario Land: Golden Adventure
April- F-Zero NX
May- Stinky Horse 2: The Desolation of Wart
June- Mario Sluggers: Steroids Edition/Super Mario RPG HD Remake
July- Twliight Princess/Wind Waker
August- Captain Toad 2: Forest of Illusions
September- Astrial Chain 2
October- Metroid Prime 4/Super Mario Party 2
November- Donkey Kong 3D Jungle/Pokemon Gen 9
December- Nintendogs/cats

Throw in a few Mario Kart tracks while you are at it.

I also want to appreciate how the switch caters to absolutely every audience. For myself, it has relegated my Xbox one and PS4 to exclusives, annual sports and fps machines.

I will add that I am still eagerly waiting for next gen consoles to be readily available! But having a Switch makes that wait way more tolerable.

Last edited:
Ok fine. I'll do what no one else seems to have the guts to do! Here is my 2023 calendar predictions!!!

January- Diddy Kong Racing comes to NSO
February- Kid Icarus Uprising HD
March- Wario Land: Golden Adventure
April- F-Zero NX
May- Stinky Horse 2: The Desolation of Wart
June- Mario Sluggers: Steroids Edition/Super Mario RPG HD Remake
July- Twliight Princess/Wind Waker
August- Captain Toad 2: Forest of Illusions
September- Astrial Chain 2
October- Metroid Prime 4/Super Mario Party 2
November- Donkey Kong 3D Jungle/Pokemon Gen 9
December- Nintendogs/cats

Throw in a few Mario Kart tracks while you are at it.
Hopefully not, I want 2023 to give my wallet a break after this year.....

It was overall a good direct (Wii sports! Mario strikers!) but having xenoblade be the last game reveal kinda soured it for me. Great for fans of the franchise, though.

I wonder how stacked the second half is going to be.

I can imagine the second half of 2022 will be just as stacked as the first half. Nintendo is currently backed up after Covid, so they're sitting on a bunch of content-complete games.

You'll notice that Nintendo is trying to publish 2 games per month (for most months). March, April, and June each have two Nintendo-published games.

But you'll notice that May is currently empty.

That leaves Nintendo with two choices:

1. They can either shelve 1-2-Switch due to poor focus group testing.
2. Or they can release it in May with a Twitter announcement.

Physical edition is 60. I'll keep an eye on it since I don't expect a large print run.

I don't mind spending 40~50 since it is a full remake.

The game is deep and worth the money. I never got around to finishing it but I know I put in a lot of hours back then.

I can imagine the second half of 2022 will be just as stacked as the first half. Nintendo is currently backed up after Covid, so they're sitting on a bunch of content-complete games.

You'll notice that Nintendo is trying to publish 2 games per month (for most months). March, April, and June each have two Nintendo-published games.

2. They can release it in May with a Twitter announcement.
Is it really that bad? I want to see this so much.

They’re letting May free so everyone can make some money to keep buying their games.

It's Option 2. We are getting that damn Everybody Stinky Horse game no matter what.

Nintendo knows I have a family vacation in May. They are giving me a break in the spending/gaming.

Man, that was an amazing Direct, feels like Christmas somehow. Just got some time off for myself to see it live and to post here hahaha ✨
Kirby is always my favorite, so I was just laughing with delight seeing everything the new game will bring!!! And the other highlight for me was Earthbound!!!! I just screamed hahaha!!! And everthing else was so cool like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC, and Mario Strikers, and Live A Live, and Metroid Dread Update, and so much and right now I think I'm kind high somehow but that's probably because of how giddy these announcements made me feel hahaha ✨
Nice to have a place to share these fun feelings; sorry if I'm not around frequently, but I'm glad to be around when I can 😊

January 2022

March 2022
Triangle Strategy

April 2022
Nintendo Switch Sports

June 2022

July 2022
Live A Live

September 2022
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Summer 2022
Splatoon 3

TBA 2022
Bayonetta 3
Mario + Rabbids 2 is not Nintendo published

My favourite announcements were the ports of existing Western titles. No Man's Sky (thought that was gonna be saved for Switch 2 w/ DLSS), Portal Companion Collection ($20!!!!), Assassin's Creed games I'll finally play for the first time, and The Force Unleashed.

Also, speaking of Portal:
Portal turns 11 this April and I would still run not walk to grab it day one if it got portaled to Switch
I posted this on Sunday. Now if EA heard my wishes back in December's ST and makes Mirror's Edge available on Switch, whew lad

I was hoping to see more of a Western presence like seeing Batman, GoldenEye, Alan Wake and maybe Fall Guys, but I guess I have to hope the June Direct is more catered to North American tastes (but I'd also prefer sooner if anyone can provide hopium)

Mario Strikers looks fun although I've never played the Gamecube game. Kirby was already sold to me, same with Advance Wars. Mario Kart 8 DLC I'm super stoked for and genuinely gets me excited to finally opt in for the NSO EP; it's actually looking like it has some value now. I'll probably hold off on Xenoblade; I still need to beat XCDE and XC2/Torna despite buying both at launch. Even if I do blitz through two eighty hour games back to back between now and September I know I'll be hella burnt out on the series. Live Alive I'm interested in; I'll keep an eye out for a sale.

Fire Emblem never turned my crank and I've already given up that if the first two Splatoon games didn't keep me engaged for longer than a month, I'm just not going to get much out of it a third time. Taiko Drums is simply a non-starter for me. Switch Sports I will play for the three day demo and I will be reminded why I stopped playing it on Wii. Disney Speedstorm is a choice, but I won't be spending money on it, if I even have it installed for more than a week. Glad for the people who wanted them, but ehh for me.

Having never played any of the Chrono games...I was disappointed how poorly Chrono Cross looks. 4:3 aspect ratio and some bad textures in 2022? What else to expect from the same company championing their Kingdom Hearts PS2 games only capable of performing on Switch via the cloud (and quite bad at that given initial reviews)

Front Mission/SD Gundam were not the Custom Robo I was looking for.

Zombie Army 4 being the only M-rated game to push up the ESRB rating was a letdown when there's Bayo 3 news to be delivered still.

I'd still give the Direct a 4/5, but I was really holding out hope for Goldeneye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom