• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phill Spencer: We paying a lot of money to for games and entire companies to make Game Pass more attractive to consumers.
Shuntaro Furukawa: What have you Mario Kart guys been doing since you finished up Mario Kart 9 2 years ago? Go remake some old tracks for our new online expansion pass for something.

Take me back...

SSB4_Wii_U_-_Wuhu_Island_Screenshot.png
Yeah I loved Pilotwings 3D too

This thread needs a poll. Will sleep this over whether I'm gonna make it favourite new announcement or favourite game/"content".

Last thing, Force Unleashed being based on the Wii version is hilarious as hell, sorry.
I heard it has some different content compared to the Xbox , ps3 and pc versions so I am curious.

I have the Xbox version for my series x and have it on pc anyway so it’s not a big deal breaker. Expected kotor 2 to be the next Star Wars port personally

Seeing people mad about MK8D DLC is annoying the crap out of me. It's pretty much a new Mario Kart game for 25 bucks. I just saw some guy on YouTube say "Nintendo where's Mario Kart 9 we're sick of going around tracks" and I'm like ???? that's what MK9 would be anyways?

I should be feeling better today. I made my young classmates laugh, and I enjoyed the direct despite not having a DK announcement. But I can't seem to shake off this gloom looming over me. sigh

Is that bad, though? Thought the Wii version from a gameplay standpoint was considered as good as the 360/PS3 version, and the Switch version clearly has a graphics overhaul either way.

I heard it has some different content compared to the Xbox , ps3 and pc versions so I am curious.

I have the Xbox version for my series x and have it on pc anyway so it’s not a big deal breaker. Expected kotor 2 to be the next Star Wars port personally

A lot of people actually seem to prefer the Wii version which is pretty much a different game in some regards. It’s just funny because usually you’d expect a port/remaster to more powerful hardware to be based on the highest fidelity version of a game.

A lot of people actually seem to prefer the Wii version which is pretty much a different game in some regards. It’s just funny because usually you’d expect a port/remaster to more powerful hardware to be based on the highest fidelity version of a game.
That is true, switch should have been more than capable so I wonder what their reasons are for that. Either way I want to check it out

Gonna be fascinating to see what the next Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers games will be like, considering the Switch games are the definitive versions of those series.

Boy Kirby Star allies is gorgeous why did no one tell me? Plus kicking off with the classic scenario too that’s a homage.

Also Xenoblade 3 hype, officially my most anticipated game of the year

Seeing people mad about MK8D DLC is annoying the crap out of me. It's pretty much a new Mario Kart game for 25 bucks. I just saw some guy on YouTube say "Nintendo where's Mario Kart 9 we're sick of going around tracks" and I'm like ???? that's what MK9 would be anyways?
People are weird. This is maybe the best reason to upgrade to NSO expansion so it’s an amazing idea from Nintendo. Plus it’s available for half the price and most people probably haven’t even played most of these tracks before. Should have done this a couple years ago and just kept going with new content packs to be honest.

Yeah I loved Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as a kid. I'm honestly pretty excited for this release, as sad as that is to say.

People are weird. This is maybe the best reason to upgrade to NSO expansion so it’s an amazing idea from Nintendo. Plus it’s available for half the price and most people probably haven’t even played most of these tracks before. Should have done this a couple years ago and just kept going with new content packs to be honest.
People mad at it not being Mario Kart 9 are weird. There's literally no point in having 2 Mario Karts on 1 system, let alone a second Mario Kart when the one before it sells 40m+ copies.

I agree 100%. Yea it would have been nice to have this sooner, but I'm not complaining. We are about to double the number of tracks in Mario Kart 8!

I think some people wanted Mario Kart 9 to be a Forza Horizon-like lmao

or at least have an open world-ish mode

Now i think BOTW2's chances of making it this year have gone up. A Zelda-less Direct is better for that matter than a port announcement, and Nintendo won't let the year pass without a Zelda release. XC3 in September leaves the holiday window open.

Xenoblade 2 - Xenoblade 3
Splatoon 2 - Splatoon 3
1-2 Switch - Nintendo Switch Sports
ARMS - ?
Mario Rabbids 1 - Mario Rabbids 2
FE Warriors - FE Warriors
BOTW - BOTW 2???

(All we're missing is a new 3D Mario)
MK8 Deluxe - MK8 Booster Course Pass

Xenoblade 2 - Xenoblade 3
Splatoon 2 - Splatoon 3
1-2 Switch - Nintendo Switch Sports
ARMS - ?
Mario Rabbids 1 - Mario Rabbids 2
FE Warriors - FE Warriors
BOTW - BOTW 2???

(All we're missing is a new 3D Mario)
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is pretty much Super Kirby Odyssey. ARMS can be replaced by Mario Strikers. Then we got Pokemon Legends Arceus, Triangle Strategy, Advance Wars, and Bayonetta 3 which have no competition in 2017.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is pretty much Super Kirby Odyssey. ARMS can be replaced by Mario Strikers. Then we got Pokemon Legends Arceus, Triangle Strategy, Advance Wars, and Bayonetta 3 which have no competition in 2017.

Edit: That was mentioned above.

Yea 2022 is stupid good

And apparently there's more to come?

Honestly this year looks like it's way better than 2017 to me.

And, I don't know how controversial this is, but as someone who wasn't a huge fan of a lot of 2017 releases, I think 2019 and probably even 2021 (when I get to finishing all of the games from last year) were better than 2017 ...

I was definitely a bit disappointed by the Fire Emblem reveal (though I've cooled down a bit on it and think it looks pretty good on its own merit), but hearing that it's still entirely possible that both of the main series Fire Emblem games are real and are deep into development has been awesome. Getting them both in addition to a pretty good-looking FE Warriors game is the best case scenario as far as I'm concerned.
Perfectly reasonable, I'd say! Nothing wrong with being invested and having a sense of what you enjoy enough to be disappointed that it turned out differently. When dealing with volatile industries, think it's worth being able to appreciate when things are going well enough to support a variety of options.

Damn, to be a Fire Emblem fan right now. They are the luckiest fanbase ever. Wish DK had 3 games in development lol
Hope you're able to overcome the gloom, and eventually able to get some DK offerings that you are looking for. Been invested in both popular and extremely dead IPs, and know that it's frustrating not feeling represented.

And this doesn’t even include third parties (mostly since TS is Nintendo published). Will likely be significantly better year.

My wallet cries in the corner. I already planned to buy Arceus, Kirby, Triangel Strategy, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta and Zelda (Yes this is coming out in 2022, no doubt after X3 is September and the holidays are still empty) this year and now this direct added FEW2, LiveALive, Xenoblade, Mario Strikers, Switch Sports… and that’s without Metroid Prime. Help pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom