• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumored games didn't get revealed here:
Persona 4 Golden
Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters
Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster
Tactics Ogre
Goldeneye
Batman Arkham Collection
Alan Wake Remastered
Digimon Survive
Suda51 Collection

I can see P4G getting announced at one of Persona celebrations, but I expect the rest at E3 Direct (or whatever they call it). Major games rarely get announed outside of Directs.

Direct Fuss legitimately made me forget Sunbreak is a thing this year like wtf

Also I'm still not asleep

Rumored games didn't get revealed here:
Persona 4 Golden
Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters
Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster
Tactics Ogre
Batman Arkham Collection
Alan Wake Remastered
Digimon Survive
Suda51 Collection

I can see P4G getting announced at one of Persona celebrations, but I expect the rest at E3 Direct (or whatever they call it). Major games rarely get announed outside of Directs.
Don't forget Goldeneye.

Honestly as someone who's solely in this for the weeb I thought the Direct was average. The opening and closing were good to flippin' amazing, Live A Live seems interesting, and Kirby and Triangle Strategy remain interesting. Not much else though. There was a lot of "casual" stuff here
I understand. I only think its the best because of Strikers and XB3. Its all subjective due to our taste's after all.

Just, uh, I've some say its absolute trash and that I can't agree with.

Finally caught up with the Direct. There were a few highlights for me, but nothing earth shattering.

- Mario Strikers coming back was a welcome surprise.

- The Portal Collection actually made me squeal with excitement

- I can’t believe they’re actually bringing back the Sports series. I’m hyped though. But a Sports game with no Miis is weird. Also no baseball? Or basketball? Or Wuhu Island?

- I’ve still got both Earthbound and Beginnings in my backlog on Wii U, so that announcement wasn’t super hype for me. But I’m happy for everyone who’s been waiting for them to come to Switch.

- MK8DX DLC after all this time is the most bizarre announcement of the entire show. I was ready to rage about the $25 price tag, then actually sighed with relief when they said the bit about it being included with the Expansion Pack. Now all I can think about is I’m going to have 48 more tracks to beat the 200cc time trials on 😳

- I don’t care about Xenoblade one bit, but I was very pleasantly surprised to see a distinct lack of Obnoxious Anime Tits in that trailer. Hopefully that carries throughout the whole game.

- I’m not surprised by the lack of Zelda (it’s a 2023 game after all), but I am a tad disappointed we didn’t see it here.

All in all, it was a solid direct for me. 7 out of 10

Again, I really wouldn't assume Switch Sports is the EPD 4 game that was being talked about. Maybe EPD 4 are shipping 2 games this year; or maybe Switch Sports isn't from EPD 4.

Remember what Uncle @Skittzo said: every EPD 4 game bar Miitopia was announced outside of a Direct. Nintendo have also left May and July clear of releases so far, despite having 2 games in March, April, and June.

I said before I'd be surprised if they announced a new mainline FE before Triangle Strategy and Advance Wars were released, and I guess that's what's happened here. If a mainline FE is coming late this year, they can easily announce it in the summer without it treading on the other game's toes, so to speak.

I suppose the surprise here is we're getting a new FE Warriors beforehand, which no-one was expecting

Konami baseball game?

Can't remember the name, but it's called eBaseball Spirits. It's a japanese game and it's super jam packed with features. I still play it time to time, but was really looking forward to the Show being good. Just gonna stick with the Show on Gamepass.

This isn't the game I had heard about. This surprised me. The other title exists, that's not in doubt. It's just timing of the release that is up in the air. Maybe they try to slot in the main FE in H2? Unsure.
Did you know of Mario Strikers beforehand by any chance?

Does Nintendo have anything announced for May? They are publishing two games in April and two games in June (FE Warriors will probably be published by KT in Japan, though). Feels like they'd typically have something each month instead of having them bunched up so much. Sorta surprised Advance Wars didn't just get pushed to May or something instead.

First half of the year is stupidly packed for Nintendo, anyways. Can't wait to see what the second half looks like.

A little sad for KT that those Fire emblem rumors completely caused a sour on their announcement.

Not their fault there. But since it’s coming so soon. I think people will quickly forget at least.
Yeah, I was really disappointed at first. After re-watching the trailer, I'm more warmed about it. Really want a new mainline FE though.

Does Nintendo have anything announced for May? They are publishing two games in April and two games in June (FE Warriors will probably be published by KT in Japan, though). Feels like they'd typically have something each month instead of having them bunched up so much. Sorta surprised Advance Wars didn't just get pushed to May or something instead.

First half of the year is stupidly packed for Nintendo, anyways. Can't wait to see what the second half looks like.
May can easily be filled with a Twitter drop.

With a new 3D Kirby nearly here, Id love to see Nintendo do something with a 3D Yoshi game, or just a new Yoshi game in general. Though by looking at past release dates, Kirby seems to have a much more regular release schedule than Yoshi does.

Wait. Was Switch Sports the casual game we got info on?

That was something a lot of folks wanted and didn’t really invoke a feeling of “meh” personally.

Again, I really wouldn't assume Switch Sports is the EPD 4 game that was being talked about. Maybe EPD 4 are shipping 2 games this year; or maybe Switch Sports isn't from EPD 4.

Remember what Uncle @Skittzo said: every EPD 4 game bar Miitopia was announced outside of a Direct. Nintendo have also left May and July clear of releases so far, despite having 2 games in March, April, and June.
Oh does anyone actually think Switch Sports was the stinky horse game? I thought it was very clear that it was a sequel to 1-2 Switch.

So more things (potentially) happening soon:

• Pokemon Day is February 27th and will likely have something or other announced
  • Persona Anniversary announcements are ongoing and we might get something from those soon
  • Lack of a May release screams Everybody 1,2 Switch Twitter drop to me

No way. Well actually anything can happen, but with how IS operates I would bet against anything Fire emblem for the rest of this year.

Gotta be next year during the summer latest. Could be announce in the fall tho
IS could reshuffle plans on them (for a third time) if needed.

Wait. Was Switch Sports the casual game we got info on?

That was something a lot of folks wanted and didn’t really invoke a feeling of “meh” personally.
No. This is awesome. The casual game is not.

The skit in Switch Sports was funny. But weird.

I guess Nintendo wanted to play for once since E3 been dead lol

IS could reshuffle plans on them (for a third time) if needed.
This year has Advance Wars and Triangle Strategy, Nintendo covered the TBS front well. Next year fits better.

Also Nate, you're sure that Batman Collection exists, yeah? I feel we'll wait until June Direct for an announcement.

This year has Advance Wars and Triangle Strategy, Nintendo covered the TBS front well. Next year fits better.

Also Nate, you're sure that Batman Collection exists, yeah? I feel we'll wait until June Direct for an announcement.
That could easily be Twitter drop. It wouldn't be the first time we see a retail leak and expect it in a direct but it's just announced on Twitter like a week later.

[Deleted]
That's great to hear! FE Warriors and the new FE being separate games makes me feel a lot better about Warriors now. I just wonder when they'll show off one of the other two titles. Maybe E3, since there's already such a glut of tactics games early in the year?

[Deleted]

The emotional rollercoaster with this series...

D0guoQuWkAADBli.jpg

As for FE, Nintendo did technically release Three Houses in July and then Tokyo Mirage Sessions in Jan 2020, so it wouldn't surprise me if half a year later, we get a regular FE game

[Deleted]
Thanks for clarifying Emily.

Yeah seems like Nintendo are once again trying to avoid announcing too many games in the same genre at the same time, to avoid spreading interest too thin. Maybe why we saw Xenoblade 3 today now that SMTV is out.

That could easily be Twitter drop. It wouldn't be the first time we see a retail leak and expect it in a direct but it's just announced on Twitter like a week later.
Well, that was a VERY long wait for Klonoa and No Man's Sky so I wouldn't be surprised if we wait that much for others too. NMS first appeared on Gamestop database in earlier 2019.

If there are still 2 core Fire Emblem games in development, that could indicate the first one can still come out this year. I would say it’s more likely for there to be a mainline and spin-off FE in one year, as opposed to a mainline and a remake.

That’s it, I’m going all in on a December prediction.

Thanks for clarifying Emily.

Yeah seems like Nintendo are once again trying to avoid announcing too many games in the same genre at the same time, to avoid spreading interest too thin. Maybe why we saw Xenoblade 3 today now that SMTV is out.
Yeah thinking more about it, this makes a lot of sense. There are a TON of tactics RPGs coming in the very near future, but not a lot in the vein of a Warriors game, so it being shown here and releasing when it is seems logical. And they can wait to announce a new FE a bit later after the likes of Advance Wars and Triangle Strategy are past.

Oh yeah, the Dread update. I was totally hoping for, you know, a real update. A 1HP mode and an easy mode barely counts as an update. A 0% run on Hard is exactly the same as 1HP mode anyway..

This isn't the game I had heard about. This surprised me. The other title exists, that's not in doubt. It's just timing of the release that is up in the air. Maybe they try to slot in the main FE in H2? Unsure.
That is great to hear. Thanks as always for the tidbits. Hope you don't get too much anger from fans in the mean time!

Did you know in advance about Switch Sports and Mario Strikers?

Nope, those 2 were surprises to me. I was jumping up for joy when both games were announced.

I knew about No Man's Sky getting announced today.

I know there is an air of disappointment for many right now, but I'm honestly just delighted for us to be in a position where the idea of three Fire Emblem titles getting actively developed is even possible.

20 Euros/ dollars for these two games is a very good price.
Two considerations:
  • no physical? buhuuuu
  • The game were developed in collaboration with Nvidia Lightspeed studios--> it could be that some other games from Valve could come to the switch! maybe half life since it was already ported to the Nvidia shield

Left 4 Dead 2 please. (But add native voice so we don’t have to use the NSO app)

This was a hell of a direct! Very happy with all the announcements! I am playing again all the Portal games! Strikers looks SICK! Was waiting for some Mario Party DLC but the Mario Kart DLC was worth it!

...Gust? I'm even more confused lol.

If I may ask, is it gonna be a 3H situation where IS only oversees the project, or is it gonna actually gonna have a lot of IS devs working on it, with Gust providing some extra assistance? Is it gonna be on the crappy Warriors engine again, or an internal IS engine? So many questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom