• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little sad for KT that those Fire emblem rumors completely caused a sour on their announcement.

Not their fault there. But since it’s coming so soon. I think people will quickly forget at least.

Despite hoping for a new Fire Emblem game, I'm excited for Three Hopes. I'm always down for a fun Warriors game. Age of Calamity is one of my most played Switch games.

FE being Warriors and not mainline will at least assuage me, the RPG complainer who still buys too many RPGs, and the Strategy/Tactics Anxiety folks that no, there are not too many RPGs and or Strategy games this year.

Completely unrelated but how did you find the direct? I'm guessing Switch sports kinda launched it into the stratosphere but no Everybody Switch...
The Direct was good. The new Kirby details look incredible, I'm beyond excited for Mario Kart, and I'm going to play EarthBound again!

So I was at a birthday dinner with my partner and mother (yes the abyssian has a mother) what did I miss?

Clearly I'm in the minority, but when I saw that Fire Emblem was Warriors I was instantly excited. I don't enjoy turned based games much, but I loves me some Warriors games! I can't wait to play this one. I loved the first one.

I think this direct was fantastic. There was all kinds of stuff and things. I feel bad for my wallet though. I don't know where he went. Hopefully he didn't run away. Damn thing.

The Mario Kart stuff reinforces my belief that there is no "next gen" Switch coming anytime soon, like before 2027.

Dane will be an iterative upgrade model, not a new gen.

In all seriousness though I kinda am looking forward to now having multiple non-RPG games incoming: Kirby, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem Warriors 2 Fodlan Boogaloo, and Splatoon 3 are my likely purchases to break up the nicely paced Triangle Strategy (March), Live A Live (July), and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (September).

I just need to somehow attempt to finish either Lost Odyssey or Dungeon Encounters before Triangle Strategy; or give them up for another time.

The Maziboards era begins
Screenshot_20220209-185304.png

In the next 12 months we will have:
The Legend of Zelda Sequel
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
Bayonetta 3
Splatoon 3
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Sports Story
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Mario Strikers: Battle League
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp
Nintendo Switch Sports
Triangle Strategy

Rumored:
Metroid Prime 1 Remakester
Donkey Kong 2D
Zelda TP/WW HD
and many more

MS and Sony can only dream about this lineup.

The Direct was good. The new Kirby details look incredible, I'm beyond excited for Mario Kart, and I'm going to play EarthBound again!
Nintendo is getting prepared for E3. There is only Zelda, Bayonetta and Metroid Prime legt after September.
Seems Like shaping up for a huge E3.
Perhaps with a new Launch preparing for march23?!

As someone who only really likes DQ when it comes to JRPGs and isn't really a fan of multiplayer games in general that was a pretty awful direct.

But I recognize my opinion on that matter is not shared by most, so I'm glad you all like it.

TBQH as far as games I want that was probably my least favorite direct of all time. Definitely my least favorite switch era direct.

I honestly get this. Aside from my disappointment with Fire Emblem Warriors, the Direct had a lot of stuff that hit very specific tastes of mine including pleasant surprises so it ended up being mostly fine. My brother on the other hand called it "dogshit" 🤷‍♂️. I think it really needed another big announcement and more variety in the third party games selection.

So far my buy list this year:
March:
Chocobo GP
Triangle Strategy
Kirby
Rune Factory 5
Persona Ultimax

April:
Advance Wars
Chrono Cross
Zombie Army 4
Lego Star Wars

May:
Two Point Campus

June:
Mario Strikers Battle League
Demon Slayer

Yeah that's not enough for a guy who plays over 1500 hours of Switch a year. May is empty, hopefully we'll get Portal, Alan Wake, Digimon or Batman dated for it.

I don't recall Nate saying that Xenoblade 3 was going to be next year. In his predictions podcast, he thought there might be a chance for it to come out next year but ultimately believed it would come out this year.
I said the game was coming this year and could slide to 2023 if they didn't solve the optimization issues that caused the original delay in a timely manner. The latter is clearly framed as speculation. Context matters. My expectation was they would mirror the original marketing plan: announcement in February and release in December. The game is coming earlier vs the original plan.

This really was a give-and-take situation: the Fire Emblem rumor was much worse than expected but the casual game rumor was much better than expected.

No mention of Nintendo Switch Sports

Does that mean the fully modelled Miis gave you mixed emotions like me (though I'm still overall excited for it!)

Is there a good article up with a list of everything announced? Google results are giving me last year and last week's hype.

So far my buy list this year:
March:
Chocobo GP
Triangle Strategy
Kirby
Rune Factory 5
Persona Ultimax

April:
Advance Wars
Chrono Cross
Zombie Army 4
Lego Star Wars

May:
Two Point Campus

June:
Mario Strikers Battle League
Demon Slayer

Yeah that's not enough for a guy who plays over 1500 hours of Switch a year. May is empty, hopefully we'll get Portal, Alan Wake, Digimon or Batman dated for it.
Add NSW Sports in April and you'll have your 1500 hours :D

I said the game was coming this year and could slide to 2023 if they didn't solve the optimization issues that caused the original delay in a timely manner. The latter is clearly framed as speculation. Context matters. My expectation was they would mirror the original marketing plan: announcement in February and release in December. The game is coming earlier vs the original plan.

So do you know what caused the confusion in regards to Fire Emblem? Because Three Hopes is clearly not what you were referring to (and also not what I heard separately).

Are we expecting another Fire Emblem this year after the announcement of Warriors: Three Hopes? I personally doubt it.
I'd say yes.
E3 Slot has many possibiltys now that the Sports Games, FE Warriors, xenoblade, Mario Kart and the jrpgs are already scheduled

Man, can we talk about how amazing this direct was for sports games fans for the Switch?

Mario Strikers
Nintendo Switch Sports
Mario Kart 8 DLC
MLB the Show

So good.

A new FE this year isn’t impossible. I mean this is the publisher that just released two Pokémon games a couple months apart. And with Xenoblade coming sooner than expected, December is wide open….

I’m not predicting this but it’s a possibility.

So do you know what caused the confusion in regards to Fire Emblem? Because Three Hopes is clearly not what you were referring to (and also not what I heard separately).
This isn't the game I had heard about. This surprised me. The other title exists, that's not in doubt. It's just timing of the release that is up in the air. Maybe they try to slot in the main FE in H2? Unsure.

Man, can we talk about how amazing this direct was for sports games fans for the Switch?

Mario Strikers
Nintendo Switch Sports
Mario Kart 8 DLC
MLB the Show

So good.
When strikers started I instantly hypecalled my Brother.
Man this Direct Hypes me up me for 2022!
Freakin Strikers after 15 years and seemingly Back to the roots of the First one

Holy shit 2022 on the Switch is already looking bonkers and we're still in February. Lots of heavy hitters will be kept for E3 like last year, so this could end up being the best year for the Switch.

We, Xenoblade, Mario Soccer, Wii Sports, Mario Kart, Mother and JRPG fans (and Mitsuda fans), are festing.
Yeah speaking of Mitsuda:

A) Chrono Cross updated soundtrack HELL YES
B) That final shot of the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 trailer with the flute music was Mitsuda AF and I love it

If nothing were else were to be announced or dated for this year, I'm currently looking at

Definite:
Triangle Strategy
Chrono Cross
Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes
Xenoblade 3
Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak

Probably:
Kirby and the Forgotten Lands
Live A Live
Advance Wars

Maybe:
Klanoa
Front Mission

This isn't the game I had heard about. This surprised me. The other title exists, that's not in doubt. It's just timing of the release that is up in the air. Maybe they try to slot in the main FE in H2? Unsure.
No way. Well actually anything can happen, but with how IS operates I would bet against anything Fire emblem for the rest of this year.

Gotta be next year during the summer latest. Could be announce in the fall tho

Was surprised at the lack of an Arkham Collection announcement, but I guess that could always be a Twitter drop. Overall tho I'm pretty content with what was shown. I already had a ton of games to buy pre-Direct.

Completely weird and NSFW post, but I was searching for Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes and Amazon, recommended me
Fire Emblem Warriors Three Holes. Not far from the truth, though.

Monster direct, was already getting advance wars and Kirby but now Gundam, Livealive, and kloana
Super duper hyped about the adventures of Mio as well, nice to have a female co-protagonist on Xeno

Probably not a weeb :^)
Honestly as someone who's solely in this for the weeb I thought the Direct was average. The opening and closing were good to flippin' amazing, Live A Live seems interesting, and Kirby and Triangle Strategy remain interesting. Not much else though. There was a lot of "casual" stuff here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom