• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wallet cries in the corner. I already planned to buy Arceus, Kirby, Triangel Strategy, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta and Zelda (Yes this is coming out in 2022, no doubt after X3 is September and the holidays are still empty) this year and now this direct added FEW2, LiveALive, Xenoblade, Mario Strikers, Switch Sports… and that’s without Metroid Prime. Help pls.
Oh god I forgot about Metroid Prime. FMW (Fuck My Wallet).

I kinda doubt that, and to be honest I really don't want more lol. My poor wallet hurts already. If everything makes it this year is explosive.
I'm glad outside of Project Eve, Neptunia Sisters V Sisters, Chrono Cross and (If it comes out) FF16, I don't have that much to grab on PS4/5 0.0

Day 1-
Nintendo Sports Switch
Mario Strikers: Battle League
Advance Wars ($40 Target pre-order from last year)
Splatoon 3 (Unless something really stupid happens)
Zelda: BOTW 2
Bayonetta 3 ($50 Amazon pre-order from a hundred years ago)

First sale-
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Metroid Prime 1 HD
Live A Live

Black Friday-
Fire Emblem Warriors
Triangle Strategy
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

All Year Long-
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I really hope future Splatoon 3 reveals are more interesting. That Salmon Run stuff didn’t do much for me; I like Salmon Run but this just seems like the same with a few new additions. I want Splatoon 3 to really earn its title as a sequel, especially since it’s on the same console and coming out 5 years later.

I'm glad outside of Project Eve, Neptunia Sisters V Sisters, Chrono Cross and (If it comes out) FF16, I don't have that much to grab on PS4/5 0.0

Outside of Horizon next week, all of my PS5 purchases are relegated to Black Friday this year (unless FF 16 happens)

Joining the crying wallet club. I don't even know when I'll have the time to play even half of what's coming this year. This hurts but in a good way.

I can't get over how good this system has been and how much better it's going to get. And that's in spite of all the "needs to have" things people constantly complain about.

My wallet is actually pretty happy, all I'm buying that's currently dated is Kirby.

Of course when BotW2, Bayo 3, Prime remake, M+R2 and whatever else get announced and dated it'll join the rest of yours.

It's really odd that no release date was announced for splatoon3.
So the release date is July or August.
However, Xenoblade 3 did get a September.
What?

I'm stoked for Kirby and might try Strikers

once 1-2 Switch 2 gets shown off I might be in on that

It's really odd that no release date was announced for splatoon3.
So the release date is July or August.
However, Xenoblade 3 did get a September.
What?
I'm not one to normally say this, but this screams they're worried about a delay. Maybe it'll be a fall title if something goes wrong with BOTW2?

So the June Direct has the following:

• BOTW2
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Wave 2
  • Metroid Prime Remaster/Remake

and there's so much more like dang

my wallet is actually going to kill me, all these games AND BOTW2 in November (probably)? yeah I'm EATING dang

I hate the fact that the other directs this year won't match up to this one for me. Ain't no way they're topping Strikers 3, Xenoblade 3 reveal and new Wii Sports without literal dream games like Custom Robo, a new 3D Mario, BOTW 2 this year and a Star Fox game that isn't horrible XD

I really hope future Splatoon 3 reveals are more interesting. That Salmon Run stuff didn’t do much for me; I like Salmon Run but this just seems like the same with a few new additions. I want Splatoon 3 to really earn its title as a sequel, especially since it’s on the same console and coming out 5 years later.

Yeah it was pretty tame, but I'm still happy to see we're getting a good co-op mode.

I assumed Salmon Run / Grizzco wouldn't return, and was worried that whatever replaced it wouldn't be as good. This looks like a better Salmon Run so no complaints :)

I'm not one to normally say this, but this screams they're worried about a delay. Maybe it'll be a fall title if something goes wrong with BOTW2?
Maybe so.
Nintendo has been teasing information about Splatoon 3 in small amounts, so they may be planning a massive Splatoon 3 Direct.

Got some inside info on Mario Strikers.

Mario council demanded a sacrifice for NLG to work on it.

They choose Daisy.

R.I.P Daisy.

Nah. They're definitely just planning to have a Splatoom 3 Direct later (like they did with Splatoon 2) where they'll announce a Splatfest, detail the new hub area and modes, give a date, etc.

The fact that they didn't announce any Zelda titles for this year in the Direct has me like 90% sure that BotW2 is hitting in November.

- Poor Daisy... but Rosalina is in, so that pretty good. And the game looks great.
- AW multiplayer seems interesting. The game is starting to grow on me.
- Live A Live looks insanely good, and I never played the original, so that's good. Made me want to see a Chrono Trigger remake with the 2D HD engine.
- Kirby looking better and better.
- Chrono Cross: I may be the minority, but I didn't liked how it was handed. It seems has an unstable framerate, and it's not widescreen. I think I'll just play the original.
- XC3 looks freaking beautiful, and I really dig the new models. Way more than the ones from XC2.

To be honest, this was a great Direct. Hopefully Nintendo keeps reviving other IPs (Golden Sun, Star Fox, F-Zero).

My wallet stopped crying. In fact, it's suspiciously quiet and still... and appears to no longer be breathing.
voice2.gif

No idea what this might mean for Switch 2, but it is pretty telling of the times we are in.

I wonder when we can expect the remake or new FE to release. Do you guys think this year is possible, or is early next year more likely? Emily said they were deep into development so I wonder. Hopefully sooner rather than later, its been too long since a traditional FE experience

Seeing people mad about MK8D DLC is annoying the crap out of me. It's pretty much a new Mario Kart game for 25 bucks. I just saw some guy on YouTube say "Nintendo where's Mario Kart 9 we're sick of going around tracks" and I'm like ???? that's what MK9 would be anyways?
I'm quite happy that it's DLC and free to NSO+Expansion pass. I just got my signature on NSO. I mean, if it was a full priced new game I wouldn't be able to play it. With it being DLC I'll have it at launch.

So, at this point Grezzo has gone the longest without announcing/releasing anything correct?

Joining the crying wallet club. I don't even know when I'll have the time to play even half of what's coming this year. This hurts but in a good way.

I can't get over how good this system has been and how much better it's going to get. And that's in spite of all the "needs to have" things people constantly complain about.
This is why I am so glad the Switch is a hybrid. It's easier getting some game time in throughout the day in portable mode rather then having to set a schedule in order to play at home.

The Switch may be the "inferior" system, but it fits into my lifestyle better then any stationary console.

I hate the fact that the other directs this year won't match up to this one for me. Ain't no way they're topping Strikers 3, Xenoblade 3 reveal and new Wii Sports without literal dream games like Custom Robo, a new 3D Mario, BOTW 2 this year and a Star Fox game that isn't horrible XD
I think June Direct might top it with Zelda blowout, Metroid Prime Remaster/4 teaser and hopefully 3D Mario and mainline FE.

I'm so glad I saved some money last year, cause oh boy this direct alone added so much, but I won't feel the wallet hit as badly

still pretty bad in that department though

Imagine telling someone in 2020 that 2022 would have:
  1. A Diamond and Pearl prequel with open levels and a free camera
  2. A 3D Kirby game with Mario Odyssey mechanics
  3. Advance Wars remakes
  4. Switch Sports
  5. Super Mario Strikers with the same edge as the originals
  6. Fire Emblem Three Houses Warriors
  7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC with 24 courses in one year
  8. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  9. Mario + Rabbids Galaxy Edition
  10. Bayonetta 3
  11. Breath of the Wild 2 with time travel and sky islands
What freaking timeline are we in

3. Advance Wars remakes
  4. Switch Sports
  10. Bayonetta 3

And yet all of those will pale in comparison to Stinky Horse!

3. Advance Wars remakes
  4. Switch Sports
  10. Bayonetta 3
Add in a spiritual successor to Octopath Traveler (Triangle Strategy) and Splatoon 3 and you’ve got the best year for Nintendo software in recent memory.

3. Advance Wars remakes
  4. Switch Sports
  10. Bayonetta 3
And Banjo Kazooie after the Sakurai showcase

I picked a good year to swear off buying new releases and focus on my backlog…

I honestly think, while Daisy being a weird choice to omit or hide behind unlockables, I do hope she's an unlockable character or included in a future update. My sister's favourite character is Daisy so I hope she makes it in!

3. Advance Wars remakes
  4. Switch Sports
  10. Bayonetta 3
You forgot:
12. A Metroid game selling nearly 2.5 million in a fiscal quarter
13. Square-Enix remaking Live A Live
14. Square-Enix remembering tactical RPGs are a thing and blessing us with a new one and a remake this year (that have been announced so far)
15. Square-Enix localizing Radical Dreamers
16. Mother 1 & 2 on NSO

And it's only February

Catching up on the thread, Gust could be a good support partner for Fire Emblem since they are probably going to help with character models. That’s always been their strength. Blue Reflection Second Light’s character models, their most recent game, looked really good for more realistic anime characters.

Separately, I would be shocked if Daisy is not in Mario Strikers. She’ll ultimately be in there one way or the other. She and Waluigi had the most personality in the prior games.

My brain right now: Final Fantasy XVI who? PS5 what? Dude you've got plenty on Switch for this year. You can wait... like 5 years at this rate.

Also, we're totally getting cloud versions of Nier Replicant/Automata and FFVIIR announced by end of the year

So after watching the direct a second time since my boss interrupted the last half of the direct with a stupid question.

Day one:

Xenoblade 3
Fire Emblem Warriors
Kirby
MK8D DLC
Live a Live

Seriously considering:
Strikers
Chrono Cross
Ezio Collection. Depends on how big the mandatory download is

I don't think I'm forgetting anything.

Status