• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
screenshot2022-02-10ay6kxk.png

Weirdly excited to play Live A Live. I’ve been meaning to play it for a long time. Glad to finally be able to, legally, and beautifully.

I will say the most exciting announcement for me today was “you are getting a new game’s worth of Mario Kart content for free*” and honestly? That owns.

Weirdly excited to play Live A Live. I’ve been meaning to play it for a long time. Glad to finally be able to, legally, and beautifully.
It's one of those games I've always thought "I should play that someday probably", and now this is the perfect chance to do so, for sure. Came completely out of nowhere but I'm pretty interested!

It does make me wonder when we'll get an update on DQ3 HD-2D, though, sticking with that theme. Will they do another Dragon Quest Day event/thing this year and show it off there again? That's late May, IIRC

damn, didn't realize nintendo was publishing live a live outside japan.

Oh yeah, where the hell are Fall Guys, Outer Wilds, and Neon White? All three were supposed to be out by now.
i was disappointed outer wilds was a no show. it's apparently a very demanding game on the CPU so i wonder if they're having a hard time getting it to run well on switch.

Last edited:
It's one of those games I've always thought "I should play that someday probably", and now this is the perfect chance to do so, for sure. Came completely out of nowhere but I'm pretty interested!

It does make me wonder when we'll get an update on DQ3 HD-2D, though, sticking with that theme. Will they do another Dragon Quest Day event/thing this year and show it off there again? That's late May, IIRC
Really curious about both that and DQ 10 Offline. They both seem like ripe targets for Nintendo to publish in the West so I'm expecting them to show up in a Direct at some point

Fami, I just had the weirdest dream. Live A Live is getting an international release!
But wait, there's more — it is an HD-2D Remake!

Then, I woke up. Nuts, I know.

The next months are going to be crazy good from Nintendo publishing perspective -

220304 - Triangle Strategy
220318 - Mario Kart 8 DX Booster Course Pass Wave 1
220325 - Kirby and the Forgotten Land
220408 - Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp
220429 - Switch Sports
220610 - Mario Strikers Battle League
220624 - Fire Emblem Warriors: Thee Hopes
220722 - Live A Live
Summer - Splatoon 3
2209XX - Xenoblade Chronicles 3

What an absolute massive direct this was.
I Cant say I really care for another Fire Emblem Musou or Switch Sports but all the other announcements from Nintendo was pretty spot on for me.

MK8 DLC FINALLY
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Live A Live
Mario Strikers

All A tier announcements for me and all releasing within the next 7 months.

I wish it weren't HD-2D. I don't really like the game, but I'm a sucker for HD-2D. 😢 And I want to see how the official translation compares to the fan translation. I really didn't like the fan translation, but I'm inclined to think they did the best with what they were given. Live A Live had a lot of great fan translators working on that game, including Tomato, who led the incredible Mother 3 fan translation, and is a literal professional translator. So it will be interesting to see how an official translation handles the story seeing how they'll be more free to make any tweaks they deem necessary under the guise of localization.

Or maybe I'm wrong and the fan translation was flawless. 🤷

I'd really love to know which games released/releasing in 2021 and 2022 were delayed due to Covid. Fire Emblem Warriors seems like it should have come out last year, for example.

So, my lineup until September looks something like this:

Elden Ring
Triangle Strategy
FEW: Three Hopes
Live A Live
XBC3

I'd love to play Advance Wars, too. PLA is still on my radar. But I just know I'll still be busy with Elden Ring and Triangle Strategy well into May, and I doubt the schedule will ease up in H2. What, with MHR: Sunbreak on the horizon for summer. With Bayo 3 and BotW2 still to be dated. Not even considering rumoured stuff like MP1 Remastered. And don't get me started on Indies.

Smh.

What a great direct that was.
I even start to dig Fire Emblem Musou Three Hopes. I still think it's a weak opening for a direct, but after rewatching the trailer, I like the level design (I have a very specific taste when it comes to musou's areas. I don't like it when it's too wide open and too big. I like classic-ass musou. Arenas, and little corridors that lead to each arenas, with a few bigger zones here and there.), and while I disliked the first Fire Emblem Musou, Three Houses cast is great so it should be a fun non-sense fan fiction story at least, like AoC.

I'd really love to know which games released/releasing in 2021 and 2022 were delayed due to Covid. Fire Emblem Warriors seems like it should have come out last year, for example.
Maybe and maybe this also pushed back Main Fire Emblem, because i cannot see the space for it in any of the 2 half monts, if Botw 2 come out

Xeno 3,Bayo3,Botw2 is enough not counting eshop,little release and a remaster li MP1

Half-joking theory: Someone heard about Mario Strikers and thought it was like Persona 5 Strikers and that's how the Mario Musou rumor was born.

I never played Mario Strikers before, is it the kind of game that works well in single player or is it more suited for multiplayer?

Last September we got two long awaited mysteries resolved: wtf is Bayonetta 3, and wtf is 3D Kirby?
I posted this series of bullet points yesterday. Time to see what we can answer:

• wtf is EPD 8
EPD 8 is an internal production group based in Tokyo. Part of Nintendo's Entertainment, Planning, and Development division, they are best known for their work on the 3D Super Mario games.

Post-Direct Supposition: Other than 'Tokyo', we do not yet know where the fuck is EPD 8. Hiring calls indicate they were working on both 3D and 2D projects. Rumours suggest they may be home to a new team working on Donkey Kong - as yet unverified.
  • wtf is EPD 9
EPD 9 is an internal production group based in Kyoto. Part of Nintendo's Entertainment, Planning and Development division, EPD 9 is best known for their work on Mario Kart and ARMS.

EPD 9 is still in Kyoto and is making six waves of DLC, comprising 48 courses, for Mario Kart 8 DX, to roll out from March 2022 until late 2023.

Post-Direct Supposition: Based on this new development, EPD 9 are working on a non-Mario Kart game in addition to this DLC.
  • wtf is EPD 10
EPD 10 is an internal production group based in Kyoto. Part of Nintendo's Entertainment, Planning, and Development division, EPD 10 are best known for their work on 2D Mario and Pikmin.

Post-Direct Supposition: Other than 'Kyoto', we do not yet know where the fuck is EPD 10. Their current primary project is likely a 2D Mario title, based on hiring calls from 2019.
  • wtf is Retro
Retro Studios is a videogame developer based in Austin, Texas. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Nintendo, they are best known for the Metroid Prime series and the most recent Donkey Kong Country games.

Post-Direct Supposition: Retro Studios continue to work on Metroid Prime 4. A Metroid Prime remaster is TBC.
  • wtf is Monolith Soft
Monolith Soft is a videogame developer primarily based in Tokyo, with a smaller office in Kyoto. A wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo, Monolith Soft are best known for the Xenoblade Chronicles series.

Post-Direct confirmation: Monolith Soft are working on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and will ship the game in September, 2022. A 2019 hiring call indicates they are also providing development support for the Legend of Zelda.
  • wtf is Good-Feel
Good-Feel is a videogame developer with offices in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan. An independent affiliate of Nintendo, they are best known for their work on 2D platformer titles for Nintendo (Wario Land, Kirby, Yoshi).

Post-Direct Supposition: Other than 'Tokyo' and 'Osaka', we do not yet know where the fuck is Good-Feel. They presumably have a Nintendo-contracted game in the works in Tokyo. They are making a new self-published comedy adventure game in Osaka.
  • wtf is Nintendo
Post-Direct Evidence: Nintendo are a videogame company fresh out of fucks to give, and they can and will launch revivals of Advance Wars, Wii Sports, and Mario Strikers in the space of 2 months.

I wish Pikmin had 3 games in development.

Of course they’d probably all be in development hell at the same time.
Well, if Pikmin 4 is being worked on, then there are at least two Pikmin games in development, considering Pikmin Bloom is still being actively developed (in an ongoing games-as-service kind of way) by Niantic. 😄

I should be feeling better today. I made my young classmates laugh, and I enjoyed the direct despite not having a DK announcement. But I can't seem to shake off this gloom looming over me. sigh
Cheer up, buddy! Just remember to ask yourself: “Is Fire Emblem going to have its own roller coaster? Is Universal expanding Super Nintendo World by 70% to add Alrest? If you listen, can you hear Nintendo Switch Sports coming?”

I just logged into SNES Online for the first time in a while to try Earthbound, when did the 'Special' version of Super Metroid get added?

What a great direct that was.
I even start to dig Fire Emblem Musou Three Hopes. I still think it's a weak opening for a direct, but after rewatching the trailer, I like the level design (I have a very specific taste when it comes to musou's areas. I don't like it when it's too wide open and too big. I like classic-ass musou. Arenas, and little corridors that lead to each arenas, with a few bigger zones here and there.), and while I disliked the first Fire Emblem Musou, Three Houses cast is great so it should be a fun non-sense fan fiction story at least, like AoC.
This is absolutely where I am. Hoping for a longer campaign and more variation in character playstyles versus the first FEW, and I'm also hoping they try to integrate things like gambits and battalions somehow.

At the very least, it'll be a fun way to spend more time with characters and a world I really enjoyed.

After calming down, this is probably one of the best Directs in recent memory. There's a game for almost everyone such as sports, racing, ports and Jrpgs. So much variety.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 though was my biggest highlight. Looks phenomenal.

It is a toss-up between 02/2019 and 02/2022 for best Direct for me, tbh. Still have not fully recovered.

Also, smh at the poll making me choose between Live A Live and XBC3, life is cruel.

So, y'all happy with Fami's first Direct? I sure am.

After the initial disappointment of Fire Emblem Warriors I have to say this reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they didn't say there was going to be mainline Fire Emblem but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Fire Emblem was expected, they should've cancelled the Direct.

After the initial disappointment of Fire Emblem Warriors I have to say this reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they didn't say there was going to be mainline Fire Emblem but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Fire Emblem was expected, they should've cancelled the Direct.

classic-youre-classic.gif

Can't believe people are ignoring the poll. Do you hate your fami this much?
Activated my Weeb Powers and voted for Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Gonna rank things:
110% HYPED CATEGORY:Neat, Ok, Happy, Will Buy/Play/Enjoy:Neat, Ok, Will Consider, Probably Won't Buy:Neat, But Personally Don't Care:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Live A Live
Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run
Mario Kart 8 DX - Booster Course Pass
NSO EarthBound
Mario Strikers: Battle League
Nintendo Switch Sports
Front Mission 1st + 2 Remakes
No Man's Sky
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series
Portal: Companion Collection
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Disney Speedstorm
SD Gundam Battle Alliance
Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

I'm really curious, if FE Three Hopes is this June and the other 2 FE games are far along in development, will any of them come out this year or next year instead?

Like i said inthe Three Hopes thread, it's technically possible that one of those games can drop around December. One of them will definitely be 2023 though.

I'm really curious, if FE Three Hopes is this June and the other 2 FE games are far along in development, will any of them come out this year or next year instead?
What I could see, maybe, but most likely not the case at all: BotW2 is currently planned for November, with FE18 (or is it 17?) taking its place if it does not make it. Otherwise, FE is early 2023.

It is a toss-up between 02/2019 and 02/2022 for best Direct for me, tbh. Still have not fully recovered.

Also, smh at the poll making me choose between Live A Live and XBC3, life is cruel.
I know it. I hope that poll is toughest choice I’ll have to make today.

I went with the MK8D DLC just because it’s free to NSO+ subscribers and I like getting stuff for no additional cost. That said…Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, Live A Live, Mario Strikers, Nintendo Switch Sports, Portal, etc… There’s a lot to look forward to!

Right now I'd say a mainline FE could make the fiscal year but not the calendar year. Would be a strong title for January through March 2023; but then you've got the issue of a potential impending remake to consider too.

Perhaps mainline FE is an early December thing, but I dunno. It already feels like Nintendo have enough for the single player market in the final third of the year, assuming Xenoblade, Bayonetta, and Zelda all ship (and considering they may yet be joined by Prime HD in that window).

2022 full schedule prediction:

January: Pokemon Legends: Arceus
February: Nothing
March: Triangle Strategy / Kirby and the Forgotten Land / Mario Kart 8 DLC Wave 1
April: Advance Wars 1+2 / Switch Sports / Pokemon Legends: Arceus DLC 1
May: Everybody Switch / Detective Pikachu 2
June: Mario Strikers / Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes
July: Splatoon 3
August: Bayonetta 3 / Mario Kart 8 DLC Wave 2
September: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 + Switch Dane / Pokemon Legends: Arcues DLC 2
October: Metroid Prime HD / Mario+Rabbids 2
November: Breath of the Wild 2 / Mario Kart 8 DLC Wave 3
December: new Fire Emblem

Gust working on Fire Emblem with IS is great news. They're a talenting studio and with Nintendo's budget it could be an " ambitious " title as Nate said.

Yesterday's direct was super great in retrospective but still no news about buddy mission : bond.. seems like it will never release in Europe/USA..

The more I think about it the more I am gradually becoming excited to have New(ish) Mario Kart stuff to play. I'm probably fairly happy with this because it's in my EP sub, which I bought at a hefty discount. £11 for 12 months of content plus online multiplayer, and I've already spent like 60 hours on the N64 and Mega Drive apps. Throw in new Kart courses, plus online multiplayer for Splatoon 3 and Sunbreak, and it's a steal.

Continued Kart content - as well as GB/GBC NSO later this year - would probably get me to renew in October.

Right now I'd say a mainline FE could make the fiscal year but not the calendar year. Would be a strong title for January through March 2023; but then you've got the issue of a potential impending remake to consider too.

Perhaps mainline FE is an early December thing, but I dunno. It already feels like Nintendo have enough for the single player market in the final third of the year, assuming Xenoblade, Bayonetta, and Zelda all ship (and considering they may yet be joined by Prime HD in that window).
For some reason, I don't see FE releasing in December. It's always been a spring/summer so I can see it releasing early 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom