• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 300 gold points for buying the Zelda Game & Watch. Neat, but it bugs me when you buy special editions of games, or controllers, and don't get gold points to reflect that.

I can see them going MK8D route for 2D Mario too. NSMBU receiving a massive expansion pack sounds likelier than a standalone game. NSO Exp also would become a better deal.
Interesting idea, and definitely possible. The 2D Mario games do tend to be locked to the 6 or 8 level themes though. Would be interesting to see if new themes could be devised and implemented... but I'm not so sure. Simply adding more levels to the existing worlds would be tricky given the world map.

I really enjoyed NSMBU, so I'd be fine with more levels... but I'd much prefer a new 2D Mario - and some new ideas.

The thing I really, really do not want is a Mario Movie game.

I can see them going MK8D route for 2D Mario too. NSMBU receiving a massive expansion pack sounds likelier than a standalone game. NSO Exp also would become a better deal.
I doubt it. Mario Kart's expansion pass is a resource efficient use of content which primarily already exists in, or is planned for, Mario Kart Tour. There's no comparable content waiting for NSMBU; unless they remastered old levels from across the series, but you'd end up with a radically samey package of content and like I said, what we're seeing with Mario Kart is effectively cross-platform content across mobile and console for efficiency's sake.

On top of that, I think there's a big difference between doing DLC for a game that will sell 50 million plus versus NSMBU DX which, while it did very well, simply isn't in the same league as Animal Crossing and Kart. It's no surprise Nintendo are doing subscription DLC for the two most popular games on the system - it's the easiest way to drive more people into the upper tier sub.

EPD 10 hired for a 2D project in October 2019 and completely wrapped up Mario Maker 2 a few months later. I expect a new 2D Mario game.

Pokémon Bank service for Nintendo 3DS will become available at no cost to users. You will still be able to transfer the Pokémon you've deposited in Pokémon Bank to Pokémon HOME even after the paid service is discontinued, and you'll still be able to bring Pokémon into Pokémon Bank from compatible titles. However, you'll need to be enrolled in a paid Pokémon HOME Premium Plan to do so.

In late March 2023, Pokémon Bank's paid passes will no longer be offered for purchase, at which time Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter will no longer be available to download. On the same day, Trainers will be able to start using Pokémon Bank at no cost. Be aware that there will be no refunds for paid passes that have already been purchased.

Just one more week until Elden Ring! I will only be able to play on launch day, however, as I'm on a vacation trip Saturday through Monday, which is just bad planning on FromSofts behalf, smh.

Some of you may remember a couple of posts earlier this week in which I was wrestling with my Switch in a desperate bid to get it working again after neglecting it for a few months.

Initial signs were not good - the battery couldn't hold a charge and drift was in full force - and I felt I was going to have to buy a new one.

Well, after a few days of tinkering, some regular playing sessions and some more charging, my Switch has returned from the brink - just in time for a packed year!
Glad to hear you got it back in good shape! (I meant to reply to you after your first update when you got it ‘working’ again and mention that it sounds like maybe your battery indicator needs to be recalibrated. That usually just consists of playing it until it dies completely, trying to turn it on a few more times to drain any leftover juice, and then charging it up fully without touching it. Either way, sounds like you are back in action, and that’s awesome to hear!)

With BotW 2 coming this year 3D Mario won’t come this year. 2D Mario or 2D DK makes the most sense if anything from “Mario” were to come.

Is the Nintendo Switch Sports trial online? If not, anyone know what time it starts at? (I'm in EST)

It’s Friday!!!!! Anyone got fun plans for the weekend?

Probably just hang with family. I would have preferred to just stay home and play Pokemon all weekend.

Actually going OUT to a restaurant for the wife's birthday. First time since like October.

Also need to find time to make her a sticky toffee pudding. Anyone have a good recipe?

This is me, but with the 2003 Clone Wars series.
I quite liked it, even though I didn't appreciate it back when it first aired.

I'm actually still disappointed with the last season of Samurai Jack despite it being, err, a "logical conclusion" and a, well, "fitting end."

That's what people keep telling me, but I can't agree.

EPD8/Tokyo is the biggest Nintendo mystery now for what the heck they've been doing for the past 4 years.

I think its incredibly likely we see Retro at E3 so at least that one will be put to rest when we can see Prime HD and Prime 4 finally show up.

Eeeeee the best Point & Click Adventure meets WarioWare game is finally getting a sequel!

Is the pandemic making time extremely wonky for anyone else? I had no idea it was Friday and I'm shocked that we're so close to the end of February.
I've had a few instances recently where I think it's later in the week than it actually is. But I think that's more due to getting good sleep lately than anything. The whole "wait, it's almost the end of the month already?" thing I think started happening after I turned 30 😂

:O

The girlfriend and I haven’t been out to a restaurant since the pandemic started. Enjoy that dinner!
We've been out to outdoor seating plenty of times but since it got cold that hasn't been an option. But we found a place that has individual outdoor heated igloos, so that's what we're doing!

As i'm getting closer to the end of Arceus, i grow more impatient about having to wait another week for Elden Ring.

Bamco. Please.

We've been out to outdoor seating plenty of times but since it got cold that hasn't been an option. But we found a place that has individual outdoor heated igloos, so that's what we're doing!
We've been a little too skittish to even do outdoor/patio stuff. There's some immuno-compromization in our familial vicinity so we've been extra cautious the past two years.
I wish there were versions of Pikmin 1 and 2 that don't make me feel like half of the challenge is fighting the controls
I was a big fan of the Wii Remote + Nunchuck control scheme myself, but Pikmin 3 Deluxe's motion controls I could never get the hang of. Luckily Pikmin 3 Deluxe has a really good normal-controller control scheme with that pretty good (but needs a bit of work) lock-on system that I think is an ok replacement.

I hope they someday make Nintendo Wii NSO so they can make a Switch-compatible Wii Remote + Nunchuck and then patch Pikmin 3 DX to have Wiimote compatibility

Last edited:
Hoping it’s not too late to make plans with friends is my weekend plan lol.

My gaming plan is to play a bunch of virtual console games on Wii U and 3DS. I got a lot with the stores closing and I want to continue my Zack and Wiki playthrough I started like 12 hours before the store shutdowns were announced. I’ll probably also start Horizon Forbidden West at some point.

Legends Arceus main story almost finished, still having a good time though it does feel like there's some padding near the end. Looking forward to balancing the postgame with either New Pokemon Snap (got really close to beating it but never did) or Earthbound before Kirby next month.

Did you played the GCN versions? The camera is bad in the Wii ports, but the originals control way better IMO.

I'm playing it on Wii (well, Wii U) right now but I have played it on GC before and I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of either control scheme. But it also has a little bit to do with the behaviour of the Pikmin themselves. Feels like herding a pack of cats compared to Pikmin 3.

so the only way to buy wii u stuff now is through the wii u eshop

what a pain in the butt
oh wait, is this true for the 3DS too? if so I’m fucked — can’t add money to it since I’m not in the region where I originally bought it.

early RIPmas to meeee

I’m content with my wiiu and 3ds libraries for the most part. Heck picked up a bunch of Atlus and lvl 5 experimental games on the latter over the past 2 years or so

tbh going back to my wii u or 3DS and buying stuff is a romantic idea but at the same time I picked up my n3DSXL yesterday and said to myself "gotta be honest, i'm not gonna play anything on this" and put it down without buying anything lol

Like I love the 3DS line but I have so much to play elsewhere. There are only so many hours in a day.

tbh going back to my wii u or 3DS and buying stuff is a romantic idea but at the same time I picked up my n3DSXL yesterday and said to myself "gotta be honest, i'm not gonna play anything on this" and put it down without buying anything lol

Part of the problem™ but I'd take remakes/remasters of a great many 3DS games adapted to regular single-screen controls...

Glad to hear you got it back in good shape! (I meant to reply to you after your first update when you got it ‘working’ again and mention that it sounds like maybe your battery indicator needs to be recalibrated. That usually just consists of playing it until it dies completely, trying to turn it on a few more times to drain any leftover juice, and then charging it up fully without touching it. Either way, sounds like you are back in action, and that’s awesome to hear!)
Thanks!

It's been a strange week because I'm sure people here know my post history in the other place - I adored my Switch from day dot, but then I hit a wall a couple of years ago and just fell off. I couldn't find anything that excited me and I walked away - I think I've bought about two games in the last 18 months.

That said, it was always with the intention of coming back when stuff did excite me. So to see the likes of Kirby, Strikers, Bayo, Rabbids, MK DLC and Xenoblade on the horizon, then fear my Switch was buggered - it was a nightmare!

Excited to get back into the swing of things. I'll have to comb over the releases in the last 18 months to see if I've missed anything I fancy. It would be nice to play something new now my enthusiasm has been reinvigorated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom