• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you’re Nintendo, do you release Majoras Mask a day before Horizon, or a day before Elden Ring?

I really hope it’s tomorrow because I’m not buying Horizon and I’d love to play Majoras Mask to kill time waiting for Elden Ring.
I think, if you're Nintendo, you release it whenever you planned to release it because Horizon and Elden Ring are non-factors in your marketing plans

I'd guess next week?

I'd guess Majora's Mask launches next week, 5 weeks after Banjo, which was 6 weeks after Paper Mario.

Edit - I also wonder when more Mega Drive games are coming. That didn't get an update last month.

Last edited:
I'd guess Majora's Mask launches next week, 5 weeks after Banjo, which was 6 weeks after Paper Mario.

Edit - I also wonder when more Mega Drive gamed are coming. That didn't get an update last month.
Genesis seems to be entirely up to Sega? It's almost like Nintendo is entirely hands-off with that.

I sincerely hope Sega CD games have a shot at showing up. I'd love a legal way to play Snatcher in 2022.

speaking of Sonic.. we recently got all that stuff announced about movies, TV shows and so on.. but the only thing I truly care about this year when comes to the series is Sonic Origins, and SEGA is hiding it from me!

Show me the goods!

Furukawa: So, why choose to return to the concepts behind Wii Sports?

Nervous intern: Well, we thought it would appease a raccoon on the Internet.

Furukawa: laughs

Had a long day to the dentist but finally home. Don’t think I’ll play a game this evening, think I’ll just chill.

Also happy to report no cavities still which is great

Discord made me feel old in the gaming world.

Famiboard makes me feel young again

Then @Raccoon keeps mentioning how the Wii was his first Nintendo console and I feel old again.

Downloaded the genesis app today and... How come this doesn't have Sonic 1? So weird that it's not there and I hadn't heard about it
Its because they wanted to bring Sonic 2 to the app first because of multiplayer. Im sure 1 will eventually come. This is my speculation/theory there is no official reason why.

Why is Nintendo telling people joining the Switch Sports beta to not talk about it on social media.....

Same reason any company does that for closed betas: They want to show off an unfinished game in a more or less controlled environment and under the best conditions.

Okay, after playing with the mClassic for a little bit, I'm very happy with it. Pokemon Legends Arceus got a nice little bump to the point where docked looks as clean as handheld. And Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks fantastic, the fuzziness of it was bugging me and that's basically gone now. I'm really glad I decided to bite the bullet on it.

Edit: @shoptroll I know you wanted to hear my opinion so here you go, haha l.

I reckon Majora's Mask is tomorrow, hopefully with a dose of Goldeneye announcement on the side.

This year's casual game should be Everybody Laughs.

You have to make well-judged anecdotes during a Q&A with your boss. The more people who laugh, the higher your score.

We should look for someone with a hidden "kit" in their username...

suspicious-dog.gif

Okay, after playing with the mClassic for a little bit, I'm very happy with it. Pokemon Legends Arceus got a nice little bump to the point where docked looks as clean as handheld. And Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks fantastic, the fuzziness of it was bugging me and that's basically gone now. I'm really glad I decided to bite the bullet on it.

Edit: @shoptroll I know you wanted to hear my opinion so here you go, haha l.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your setup? I'd probably use it with a 1080p/24" monitor to make Switch (and 360!) games look as crisp as possible. Is there a noticeable difference when selecting 720p output on the Switch itself?

We won't have to endure endless speculation before each Direct that the Sportsmates are gonna be coming to Smash and that gives me peace

If you don't mind me asking, what's your setup? I'd probably use it with a 1080p/24" monitor to make Switch (and 360!) games look as crisp as possible. Is there a noticeable difference when selecting 720p output on the Switch itself?
I did not check what setting the Switch to 720p mode does, and my TV is 1080p I believe, 55". I think on your monitor it'll look really nice.

I much prefer the sportmates than the Mii, I didn't really grow up with the Wii soooo I can't say I really care about them.
The only mii game I appreciate was Tomodachi life on the 3DS tbh

I much prefer the sportmates than the Mii, I didn't really grow up with the Wii soooo I can't say I really care about them.
The only mii game I appreciate was Tomodachi life on the 3DS tbh
I grew up with the Wii, but I still prefer the Sportsmates.

......why do I hear somebody aggressively typing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom