• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date

I still love how Purah thought that it was totally okay to have someone / Link yeeted a mile into the sky to fill out map keypoints while slowly falling back to the ground.

And it's funny that no one asked her "What if Link / the yeeted person doesn't have any way to slow down the fall?".

Picked up Death's Door and World War Z on the eshop sale!
2021 was such an underrated year for Switch; Monster Hunter Rise, Metroid Dread, Dusk, Dying Light, Cruis'n Blast, Crash 4, Strange Brigade, No More Heroes III, now two more to add to the pile.

Also, after trying the steam demo for Bo: Path of Teal Lotus, that one's day 1 for me as well.

Meanwhile, my backlog watching me buy more new games

in-mario-kart-8-luigi-is-a-cold-hearted-gangsta-r-2-10127-1401810548-15_dblbig.jpg

Yay he’s coming after all! He was announced previously but removed from the list and never came out.

Makes me super curious who's next, I'd be fine if they kept working with Nagai and Toei tho. Jeeg, Daltonious, and Gaiking would be up there for me

I still love how Purah thought that it was totally okay to have someone / Link yeeted a mile into the sky to fill out map keypoints while slowly falling back to the ground.

And it's funny that no one asked her "What if Link / the yeeted person doesn't have any way to slow down the fall?".
Rito’s exist, why doesn’t she just use them

facepalm..so this is how they're attempting to market now… trying to force a fan word of mouth instead of actual marketing isn’t the sharpest Level 5. And I loved the game

eShop sales are so tempting but I controlled myself and only bought 13 Sentinels, it had a pretty good discount. I've been trying myself to limit impulse purchases on sales since I don't want to increase my backlog that much... I bought Persona 5 last time and haven't even started it yet hehe.

eShop sales are so tempting but I controlled myself and only bought 13 Sentinels, it had a pretty good discount. I've been trying myself to limit impulse purchases on sales since I don't want to increase my backlog that much... I bought Persona 5 last time and haven't even started it yet hehe.
I bought 13 sentinels too

13 Sentinels is fantastic, enjoy. Heck post in the ST as you do, hearing first time reactions is great.

13 Sentinels is fantastic, enjoy. Heck post in the ST as you do, hearing first time reactions is great.
I'll try to remember to do so! I've been interested on this one for a long time so it'll be neat finally playing through it, though I have to finish the games I'm currently playing before I start hehe.

And if you liked 13 Sentinels, make sure you also look into Unicorn Overlord afterwards!

(Just ignore that it's a different genre and all.)
As a Fire Emblem fan I was already interested on that one. Really, the only reason I don't play more games is lack of time to do so... my wishlist on the Switch has like 100+ games.

As a Fire Emblem fan I was already interested on that one. Really, the only reason I don't play more games is lack of time to do so... my wishlist on the Switch has like 100+ games.

Gotta hurry friend, Switch 2 shadow is looming already!

I bought this a few months ago but haven’t opened the case yet.

West ... you make me sad, on a friday, with only ~1 hour left at work.

Why?

why-why-why.gif

And if you liked 13 Sentinels, make sure you also look into Unicorn Overlord afterwards!

(Just ignore that it's a different genre and all.)
I still need to get back to 13S
Sadly nothing on my wishlist has hit my threshold. Then again I have a ton of backlog XD. Maybe I should start Hack GU V1 this weekend

I still need to get back to 13S

Sadly nothing on my wishlist has hit my threshold. Then again I have a ton of backlog XD. Maybe I should start Hack GU V1 this weekend
The dilemma of backlog vs sales is a tough one but, honestly, sometimes I figure if a game has been in my backlog for long maybe it's just sunk cost and I shouldn't really question buying something I actually want to play... although the backlog sometimes gives you gems as well.

The dilemma of backlog vs sales is a tough one but, honestly, sometimes I figure if a game has been in my backlog for long maybe it's just sunk cost and I shouldn't really question buying something I actually want to play... although the backlog sometimes gives you gems as well.
Oh I have strong thresholds too for stuff I know will go on a lower sale anyways so that figures in more XD

It's crazy how Azumanga Daioh ended in 2002, yet I still see these characters everywhere. That's some insane cultural staying power befitting the series that gave us the word "waifu", which is practically the only thing I know about it. Lucky Star what? Haruhi who? All others fade, but Azumanga Daioh remains.
I feel like Haruhi is still around even if it's nowhere near what it once was. Although that could just be me recognizing it more since I have seen Haruhi and have never seen Azumanga Daioh (or Lucky Star for that matter)

I bought 13 sentinels too

A terrific piece of narrative art. Enjoy!

Purah: is it okay if I shoot your house husband into the sky with my sick tower cannon to—
Zelda: yes. of course you can.

damn pokemon sun got hands. any important trainer battle and I'm walking away with most of my team knocked out.
Ultra Sun/Moon without EXP Share is probably among the most difficult Pokemon campaigns. Maybe even above Black/White 2 Challenge Mode, since in that game the scaling EXP means you probably won't be underleveled for too long.

Ultra Sun/Moon without EXP Share is probably among the most difficult Pokemon campaigns. Maybe even above Black/White 2 Challenge Mode, since in that game the scaling EXP means you probably won't be underleveled for too long.
Definitely above B2W2. That game does not optimize EVs/IVs to the extent of USUM, and USUM's Totem and Ultra Necrozma fights stack the deck in a way that pretty much nothing else in the series does. Additionally, B2W2's Challenge Mode is bugged: Pokémon are at higher levels but their stats are actually unchanged lol

Definitely above B2W2. That game does not optimize EVs/IVs to the extent of USUM, and USUM's Totem and Ultra Necrozma fights stack the deck in a way that pretty much nothing else in the series does. Additionally, B2W2's Challenge Mode is bugged: Pokémon are at higher levels but their stats are actually unchanged lol
Wowwww seriously?! Damn. At least the Gym Leaders/E4 have better rosters, but yeesh.

Metroid is like that one Velvet Underground quote, but in video game form. "Only a few people bought it, but everyone that did became a dev."

there’s a radio ad that comes on trying to recruit for the army and it always ends with “still listening? you BELONG here”, yeah i’m still listening…but you’re kinda forcing me to dawg. is the army too meta for me?

Back
Top Bottom