• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
(now I can't edit mine smh)
That IS good hell yeah. German is also just stupidly hard so... honestly conjugation, declination, causal mistakes are to be expected for any non-native
Yeah, it's been a struggle, but for having 977 day streak I feel like I'm better than where I was when I first started 😋

Like at least I sort of understand past tense, but I have no idea how to do future tense and every time I think "Ich will-" I'm internally thinking "I want" but I know it's not the correct usage lol

Yeah, it's been a struggle, but for having 977 day streak I feel like I'm better than where I was when I first started 😋

Like at least I sort of understand past tense, but I have no idea how to do future tense and every time I think "Ich will-" I'm internally thinking "I want" but I know it's not the correct usage lol
Super special secret about daily German: You don't really neeeeeeeeed Futur I or II to talk about the future.

Example:

I'm going to the Zoo tomorrow.
Ich gehe morgen in den Zoo.
Only difference to present tense here is saying "morgen" for tomorrow so people know what's up.

Futur I would be: Ich werde morgen in den Zoo gehen.
Which sounds a little grandiose in everyday speech. But it also depends on the context tbh.

So just use present tense lmao BUT properly learn everything otherwise I will find you and give you an F (my sidejob is German teacher lol)

Super special secret about daily German: You don't really neeeeeeeeed Futur I or II to talk about the future.

Example:

I'm going to the Zoo tomorrow.
Ich gehe morgen in den Zoo.
Only difference to present tense here is saying "morgen" for tomorrow so people know what's up.

Futur I would be: Ich werde morgen in den Zoo gehen.
Which sounds a little grandiose in everyday speech. But it also depends on the context tbh.

So just use present tense lmao BUT properly learn everything otherwise I will find you and give you an F (my sidejob is German teacher lol)
Oh man that actually seems so logical and nice, unlike English haha

And I'm trying my damnedest to learn everything else proper, but while mein/meine make sense (as much as I despise masculine/feminine nouns), meiner/meinem/mich/mir and the other pronouns all throw me for a loop 😅 As well as where to use in/im/ins/zu/zum and probably some other prepositions I can't recall right now, but I figure that's just something I'll eventually get the hang of with enough repetition

but I figure that's just something I'll eventually get the hang of with enough repetition
Yeah! Probably! lol
This is exactly the kind of stuff I meant, and trust me I mean this in an encouraging way: you will probably never be flawless with this shit but you don't need to be!! The cool thing is that everybody will understand you even with the occasional mistake. And yeah, repetition and immersion are the big two for language learning. Feel free to DM me anytime if you have questions or just want to practice btw!

Also prepositions suck, I'm bad at them in any language including German lmaooo

Yeah! Probably! lol
This is exactly the kind of stuff I meant, and trust me I mean this in an encouraging way: you will probably never be flawless with this shit but you don't need to be!! The cool thing is that everybody will understand you even with the occasional mistake. And yeah, repetition and immersion are the big two for language learning. Feel free to DM me anytime if you have questions or just want to practice btw!

Also prepositions suck, I'm bad at them in any language including German lmaooo
For sure, I'll keep that in mind and thank you! Ideally I'm hoping I can one day get to a point where I can have a fully German conversation with my Oma (who by her own admission has a Bayerisch dialect and can often be confusing to other native German speakers), but even after three years of daily lessons I feel I'm only just about to break out of beginner skills into intermediate 😋 My mom has said my pronunciation is fine, so yeah I think it is just prepositions and getting more comfortable with them.

God knows I'm gonna hate trying to identify genders when it comes to female dogs and male cats though 😂

Do you know if it will actually be a chain of decisions that can alter the whole story to an extent? Have they said anything about that?
Well we did see Goku with Krillin fighting Vegeta, Goku losing it when Krillin dies and going super Saiyan. That’d imply he doesn’t know about the Namekian DB’s either, which would make sense if this happened first and Vegeta didn’t know about the dragonballs. We know it’s heavily integrated into story mode which has 8 character led stories. We don’t know chaining for sure. Did you see the new trailer this morning yet?

Well we did see Goku with Krillin fighting Vegeta, Goku losing it when Krillin dies and going super Saiyan. That’d imply he doesn’t know about the Namekian DB’s either, which would make sense if this happened first and Vegeta didn’t know about the dragonballs. We know it’s heavily integrated into story mode which has 8 character led stories. We don’t know chaining for sure. Did you see the new trailer this morning yet?

Ohh I hadn't thanks

That splitscreen compromise is disappointing but also pretty funny lol At least it is there at all I guess but I already assumed they wanted to push the effects and that's why they hadn't shown splitscreen.....

The modes sound pretty cool, I think making your own decisions will be fun! Now all I need to know is original DB characters coming back and I'll be happy!

Ohh I hadn't thanks

That splitscreen compromise is disappointing but also pretty funny lol At least it is there at all I guess but I already assumed they wanted to push the effects and that's why they hadn't shown splitscreen.....

The modes sound pretty cool, I think making your own decisions will be fun! Now all I need to know is original DB characters coming back and I'll be happy!
Well there is a tease, doesn’t fit anything confirmed for base(Gero is always the android threat not a RR fight, plus Super heroes is dlc

IMG_9232.png

Plus Jaco confirmation

Work was beyond overwhelming, today. I was planning on getting a haircut and going to the bank afterwards, but I think I'm just gonna take a nap........

hey @ngpdrew I think I'm missing something

wouldn't the Beach Bash go 16 > 8 > 4 > 2?

instead of 16 > Semi-Finals > Finals??

shit maybe I don't know how this works

i'm just hype to see who wins!

hey @ngpdrew I think I'm missing something

wouldn't the Beach Bash go 16 > 8 > 4 > 2?

instead of 16 > Semi-Finals > Finals??

shit maybe I don't know how this works

i'm just hype to see who wins!
You would normally be correct.

But I love a good surprise.

And June had one less week than I wanted.

Oh hey @jirou kid goku
f0zkkn0vxc6d1.png

Not surprising. Yeah I’m still expecting like a Dozen early DB characters. Even if it’s just Kid Goku, The Red Ribbon army guys(who have been teased now) and Pilaf machines. Especially after seeing Satan’s new moves, Basically confirming non-fliers aren’t an issue

Day 1 of Learning How to Speak Gen Alpha:

Ohio - Something strange, cursed, etc.

Fanum tax - Fanum is some guy who steals food, so fanum tax is when you're stealing someone's food.

Skibidi - From video of a singing head in a toilet or something. I don't think this really means anything, it's just an interjection, like innit. It's also literally scat singing, so that makes a kind of sense?

Baby Gronk - An 11 year old American football player. This is probably like skibidi, and roughly equivalent to tossing "pingas" into your sentence because it's a meme. Gronk is also used separately however, and is Australian slang meaning a thug, a moron, an unpleasant person... This one requires further research.

Rizz - Shortened from charisma. To rizz is to flirt, to have rizz is to have charisma, "game" if you will. The rizzler is someone who has rizz, or is attempting to display it.

Gyatt - Corrupted version of "god damn". Refers to a Sir Mix-a-Lot kind of butt. Also used in reaction to seeing one, sometimes as the full "gyat damn". Can be spelled with one or two ts.

L - Familiar to older generations in forms such as "take the L", used more flexibly as a shortened form of loss or loser in various contexts. See also W, for win or winner.

Gooning - Masturbating for hours, but as like a hobby/lifestyle? Hard to explain. A gooner is one who goons. Mostly used because "gooner" is a funny word and calling someone a masturbation addict is funny I think.

Sigma - Similar to L, an older term that gets used with more flexibility. Evolving out of ironic use of alpha male language, sigma refers to someone/something as the prime/dominant/Chad form, or being characteristic of that. Alpha is a level of intensity lower than sigma, but basically the same meaning. Like tiny and small. Beta is like sigma but the opposite, being called beta means you're a loser.

Mewing - Keeping your tongue pressed to the roof of your mouth to reshape your jaw. A mewing streak is how long you've been doing it I guess.

Looksmaxxing - Trend focusing on improving one's appearance. Like many of these, used to be an obscure incel thing before becoming a meme because it sounded funny, like calling people "soyboy".

Mogging - Dominating or outperforming others in some respect, especially being more physically attractive. To be mogged is to be the one getting outperformed.

Blud - Like bro or mate or dude. From Jamaican slang.

Bussin' - Extremely good; excellent.

Sussy - Re-extended form of sus, which is short for suspicious. Sussiest is the most sus. Also sussy baka is a thing, which literally means suspicious idiot but is more of a general funny insult. This is all tied back to Among Us.

I can kind of read that Brainrot Girlfriend comic people keep posting now.

Skibidi - From video of a singing head in a toilet or something. I don't think this really means anything, it's just an interjection, like innit. It's also literally scat singing, so that makes a kind of sense?
It’s also rooted in some Garry’s Mod meme or viral thing

which is fucking terrifying because Alpha’s I don’t think existed when Garry’s Mod was a thing?

Edit: Baby Gronk might also be a reference to the football player from the Pats?

It’s also rooted in some Garry’s Mod meme or viral thing

which is fucking terrifying because Alpha’s I don’t think existed when Garry’s Mod was a thing?

Edit: Baby Gronk might also be a reference to the football player from the Pats?
Baby Gronk is quite literally a kid whose dad is essentially abusing him to become a pro football player and try to get sponsored by corporations, etc. But he was nicknamed after Gronk since the kid was pretty tall and built for his age

Fanum tax - Fanum is some guy who steals food, so fanum tax is when you're stealing someone's food.

Baby Gronk - An 11 year old American football player. This is probably like skibidi, and roughly equivalent to tossing "pingas" into your sentence because it's a meme. Gronk is also used separately however, and is Australian slang meaning a thug, a moron, an unpleasant person... This one requires further research.

Rizz - Shortened from charisma. To rizz is to flirt, to have rizz is to have charisma, "game" if you will. The rizzler is someone who has rizz, or is attempting to display it.

Gyatt - Corrupted version of "god damn". Refers to a Sir Mix-a-Lot kind of butt. Also used in reaction to seeing one, sometimes as the full "gyat damn". Can be spelled with one or two ts.

L - Familiar to older generations in forms such as "take the L", used more flexibly as a shortened form of loss or loser in various contexts. See also W, for win or winner.

Gooning - Masturbating for hours, but as like a hobby/lifestyle? Hard to explain. A gooner is one who goons. Mostly used because "gooner" is a funny word and calling someone a masturbation addict is funny I think.

Sigma - Similar to L, an older term that gets used with more flexibility. Evolving out of ironic use of alpha male language, sigma refers to someone/something as the prime/dominant/Chad form, or being characteristic of that. Alpha is a level of intensity lower than sigma, but basically the same meaning. Like tiny and small. Beta is like sigma but the opposite, being called beta means you're a loser.

Mewing - Keeping your tongue pressed to the roof of your mouth to reshape your jaw. A mewing streak is how long you've been doing it I guess.

Looksmaxxing - Trend focusing on improving one's appearance. Like many of these, used to be an obscure incel thing before becoming a meme because it sounded funny, like calling people "soyboy".

Mogging - Dominating or outperforming others in some respect, especially being more physically attractive. To be mogged is to be the one getting outperformed.

Sussy - Re-extended form of sus, which is short for suspicious. Sussiest is the most sus. Also sussy baka is a thing, which literally means suspicious idiot but is more of a general funny insult. This is all tied back to Among Us.

Lots of Ohioans here aren’t gonna be happy…or maybe they will be.

I'm visiting my folks and I dug out my copy of Hyrule Historia and dang, I don't remember the book being this thin. The artbooks that came after are much fatter. Creating a Champion is like twice the thickness.

An enlightening read. I knew about half of these, which makes me oddly proud as an aging millennial. It probably helps that my wife is a teacher.

Well here’s something fun

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Well time to game. Nearing the end of WO4U. Still don’t have a good focus rpg

Last edited:
Trying vanilla flavored Life for the first time tonight, and I immediately want to rush out and buy more boxes to permanently add it to my cereal rotation, holy smokes.

damn pokemon sun got hands. any important trainer battle and I'm walking away with most of my team knocked out.
It's great. First game in the series to start giving normal boss fights maxed IVs and EVs, from the first Hau fight on Ula'ula on. Hau's Raichu is actually specifically specced to do max damage with Electro Ball.

Back
Top Bottom