• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
omg did you see the person in the front of the crowd at Nintendo Store NY?

feigned (I think) fainting from excitement and then got back up and spent the rest of the trailer kneeling in like a worship pose. I love it.

Yes, haha.

The Metroid version of the 13:40 guy.

"The final touches on editing this Direct are nearly complete and it's looking good but we need something to put it over the top. We need raw sex appeal. Send him in."

GQY0Va9WIAEKVPc
Aonuma rockin' that special edition custom Zelda t-shirt from EDITMODE 2024 OPEN OFFICE Vol. 2...man has good taste. EDITMODE and their THE KING OF GAMES line make some fantastic, high quality Nintendo apparel.

So today I came across the term "toxic positivity".

Kinda feel hit by it because of being a glass-half-full person whose body consists of 60% hype.

But maybe it's nonsense.
As an empty glass devoid of earthly attachments, I've never been bothered by you, for whatever that's worth.

I think on Famiboards the most toxic stuff is usually pretty straightforward, someone who desperately needs to touch grass typing paragraphs of detached from reality whining for page after page of a thread.

Seeing that one post concerned about sexism in the Lollipop Chainsaw thread get immediately dismissed with a bunch of Yeahs didn't feel great though. That's the biggest thing in recent memory that I would call an example of toxic positivity here.

Famiboards is usually pretty good about reacting normally to Criticism of Product if you can explain yourself eloquently instead of just walking into the room and taking a dump on the floor, but it isn't immune to uncritical fanboyism causing problems.

A common post I am seeing online about the latest direct is "I wished there was more 1st party games announced." Like excuse me? You can argue about the game's quality and the games not being for you but not enough 1st party? I would make a list but just in case someone hasn't saw it yet in here I won't.

working on some UI elements for Grögol Bonanza. Here's your first peek at Grögolpedia, a handy app you can get for the phone you definitely stole.

3ZWAus8.png

Huh. Beyond Good and Evil has been delisted from Steam. But it is still available on GOG... and the Ubisoft store.

The toughest part of making a classic rock playlist is deciding what year to cut it off at, and I'm going with 1995 for mine.
That's about where the local radio station cuts it too. I don't think they've crossed the '00 barrier yet aside from like that one time a year or two ago where Linkin Park was played once or twice in the first week of the year and I suspect they got some serious feedback because I haven't heard them since then on that station.

I think that incident also caused me to instantly age about 5 years in the span of 20 seconds

The day they announced Marvel vs. Capcom Fight Collection was the most important day of your life but for me, it was a few more Nintendo Direct headlines.

That's about where the local radio station cuts it too. I don't think they've crossed the '00 barrier yet aside from like that one time a year or two ago where Linkin Park was played once or twice in the first week of the year and I suspect they got some serious feedback because I haven't heard them since then on that station.

I think that incident also caused me to instantly age about 5 years in the span of 20 seconds
I just can’t imagine NuMetal being classic rock. Just… it feels wrong.

Like, are classic rock stations really going to start playing Limp Bizkit?

My local "classic R&B" station has started playing Cardi B, so 😅

When you're listening to your local oldies station and you hear

You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way

Sigh I want a collection of Capcom’s Naomi era 3D fighters. Such a weird but really solid and excellent era of funky games. Including a Super robot wars and Star Wars parodies

I beat Thousand Year Door, tonight; once again, it's just as goated as I remember it, GOTY contender for me. I'll do some post game stuff tomorrow, then I'll go back to FFVII......... maybe....... (Does beating a new game count as clearing a part of your backlog?)

I stayed up 2 hours longer than I'm supposed to to beat it and work is gonna be busy tomorrow. Hopefully I'll catch the bus early enough to get some coffee 😅.

The first thing that came to mind when I found out Kendrick played "Not Like Us" 6 times!

I need to finally watch Brotherhood at some point. I’m a huge fan of the original anime and for whatever reason just never got around to Brotherhood - it would be interesting to compare the two especially in the second half.

So today I came across the term "toxic positivity".

Kinda feel hit by it because of being a glass-half-full person whose body consists of 60% hype.

But maybe it's nonsense.
It's an actual psychological term that got stripped of its meaning and expanded into bloody nonsense.

But that's the internet being the internet.

LOL omg

Youtube just recommended to me a video of someone doing a piano cover of the Echoes of Wisdom song and I was like "holy cow, that was fast" and @manfromthedam I was like halfway through the video before I realized it was you 😅

Back
Top Bottom