• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't understand what to do in Pseudoregalia. Sad cause it's really good!
If you went across the bridge to the tower outside, make sure you go inside and get the ability in there. That was the big point where I got stuck for ages and couldn't find a way to progress. It didn't look like it was possible to get in at a glance, and the place was obviously signposted as the game's Tourian equivalent, so I left and it ended up being the absolute last place I went back to. You need the high jump/ground pound, wall jump, and long jump to get in. You can get these in any order as soon as you leave the prison at the beginning, and I already had them, but because I didn't realize you could enter before opening the final boss, I ended up spending so much time scouring the entire rest of the map and making only marginal progress before completely running out of options.

If you went across the bridge to the tower outside, make sure you go inside and get the ability in there. That was the big point where I got stuck for ages and couldn't find a way to progress. It didn't look like it was possible to get in at a glance, and the place was obviously signposted as the game's Tourian equivalent, so I left and it ended up being the absolute last place I went back to. You need the high jump/ground pound, wall jump, and long jump to get in. You can get these in any order as soon as you leave the prison at the beginning, and I already had them, but because I didn't realize you could enter before opening the final boss, I ended up spending so much time scouring the entire rest of the map and making only marginal progress before completely running out of options.
I only got the first upgrade! I'm really bad at it

Ok messed with the opening of Red’s story in Saga Frontier(tho I accidentally attacked a midboss before minions and decided to call it quits XD). Definitely has my interest but it’s megaton Musashi wired time

So, just got through the first mission of Megaton Musashi Wired and the opening reveal/lore drop. Oh heck yeah this is a dang Getter type mecha story XD plenty of other riffs too but that’s the core of this on so many levels XD. So satisfying for me. Gotta call it a night tho

So, just got through the first mission of Megaton Musashi Wired and the opening reveal/lore drop. Oh heck yeah this is a dang Getter type mecha story XD plenty of other riffs too but that’s the core of this on so many levels XD. So satisfying for me. Gotta call it a night tho
I wanna play it badly... Big Level 5 fan. I like their absurd writing, which I find very endearing and camp

I just can't understand what to do in Pseudoregalia. Sad cause it's really good!
Yup! But I suppose it's part of the fun being lost? At least I do think movement is pretty good when you unlock the first few moves. But I will give priority for Penny first though! A level to level structure is much more my jam

Dang, those are enough to last you til 2026?
If the reputation of 100% Corn Kidz 64 is true, then maybe! It's the trickiest of the 3 of getting a feel for the character

Baffled, disheartened and offended that Nintendo's "happy birthday Kirby" email doesn't feature the magnificent Forgotten Land.

Faux pas, Nintendo.

I sure could go for another hundo hours of Stardew Valley right about now

bhCQ1Kn.jpeg

One of the annoying things about an ingrained need to feel productive is how it affects my gaming time. Instinctively I want to achieve something and progress in a videogame, so as not to waste time and energy (wasting energy is a special source of anxiety due to a neurological disability which causes fatigue). However right at this moment I am rebelling against my inner warped instincts and I am going to play Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine to pass the time and not achieve anything other than moving and popping beans.
I sure could go for another hundo hours of Stardew Valley right about now

bhCQ1Kn.jpeg
I really, really need 1.6 on console so I can start the game again. Very excited for it.

sees some things heating up about Switch 2 again

Ooh are we finally getting some new juicy details? Let me see, it's...

...the same things we already knew about months ago? But maybe with magnets this time?

Watching the first Sonic movie for the first time. 10 minutes in. Initials thoughts:

-Didn't know this movie had the generic Marvel look at all of the shit we make logo animation but this time with all the IPs Sega forgot about
-Sonic memes
-Lots of pop culture references
-LMAO at the Zillow product placement

Some good news , I am finally free of the headaches, turns out it was ear wax build up causing it, once it was cleaned, instant relief from the headache I was having at the time, been dealing with it for over two months.

I am also trying a new diet, with some tweaking though,

I’m hopping to finally finish rebirth

Someone managed to change the artwork for Mylo Xyloto on Last.FM to the standard edition instead of the reversible art and I'm miffed.

Watching the first Sonic movie for the first time. 10 minutes in. Initials thoughts:

-Didn't know this movie had the generic Marvel look at all of the shit we make logo animation but this time with all the IPs Sega forgot about
-Sonic memes
-Lots of pop culture references
-LMAO at the Zillow product placement
Awful movie. Legitimately terrible.

Well after finishing Sonic Movie 1, I thought it was fine for a lazy weekend watch but it felt like a classic Hollywood adaptation of videogame franchise, meaning it met the bare minimum to quality as a Sonic game. It had Sonic and it had a guy named Robotnik. But it does that thing where they try to bring this fantasy being into the real world to interact with real people so the audience can connect with it more or whatever BS movie studios think audiences want.

I thought Sonic's characterization was fine. Robotnik was just basically Jim Carrey. I do like Jim Carrey but he didn't feel all that Robotnik to me. You barely get to see any of the other worlds that are far more interesting. To me, the movie was kind of like the Michael Bay Transformers movies. You want to see Transformers but it spends what too much time with the human characters. In a Sonic movie, you want to see Sonic characters, the Sonic enemies, the Sonic levels but you mostly get normal people in normal middle America.

Say what you will about the Mario movie but it at least hits you with the Mario elements fans come to the movie for. You want to play a Mario game after watching it. With the Sonic 1 movie, I don't feel like playing a Sonic game. It's fine but could have been much more. I hear the 2nd movie is better.

sees some things heating up about Switch 2 again

Ooh are we finally getting some new juicy details? Let me see, it's...

...the same things we already knew about months ago? But maybe with magnets this time?
We even knew about the magnets months ago 🤣

Well after finishing Sonic Movie 1, I thought it was fine for a lazy weekend watch but it felt like a classic Hollywood adaptation of videogame franchise, meaning it met the bare minimum to quality as a Sonic game. It had Sonic and it had a guy named Robotnik. But it does that thing where they try to bring this fantasy being into the real world to interact with real people so the audience can connect with it more or whatever BS movie studios think audiences want.

I thought Sonic's characterization was fine. Robotnik was just basically Jim Carrey. I do like Jim Carrey but he didn't feel all that Robotnik to me. You barely get to see any of the other worlds that are far more interesting. To me, the movie was kind of like the Michael Bay Transformers movies. You want to see Transformers but it spends what too much time with the human characters. In a Sonic movie, you want to see Sonic characters, the Sonic enemies, the Sonic levels but you mostly get normal people in normal middle America.

Say what you will about the Mario movie but it at least hits you with the Mario elements fans come to the movie for. You want to play a Mario game after watching it. With the Sonic 1 movie, I don't feel like playing a Sonic game. It's fine but could have been much more. I hear the 2nd movie is better.
The Sonic 1 movie was something that shoulda been a disaster but was saved by having a production team and cast peppered with actual fans (and the director used to work on CGI cutscenes for Sonic games, so he's legit) trying their damnedest to sneak references into a movie that the studio insisted had to be a "Sonic goes into the real world and makes friends with humans" movie. Even the echidnas at the beginning were a fight to get in according to the writer, because the studio thought audiences would be confused by characters and macguffins from the game. And Jim Carrey, who talked about how he played Sonic games with his family long before he got the part, was arguing with the studio that he should look more like Robotnik but they wouldn't let him shave his head or anything like that. It shoulda been terrible but the people actually making it really tried, and there was enough goodwill shown that people embraced it.

And after the huge fan backlash to the original "ugly Sonic" design in the first trailer, the studio backtracked and (according to the director and writers) were totally caught off guard that there were fans out there to that extent, and they started giving the production team a lot more leeway to add back in all the game-inspired stuff that they were forced to chop outta the first one. So basically, Sonic 2 is the movie the production team wanted to make the first time around but weren't allowed to. It's so, so much better. Only gripe I had is they still didn't utilize actual Sonic music. Other than that, I loved it. To me 1 isn't even worth a casual rewatch with 2 being available.

My word processor's dictionary doesn't know "Grimoire". And neither did my browser's when I was typing this post. Can you believe it? Grimoire. What self-respecting dictionary doesn't know what a grimoire is?

My word processor's dictionary doesn't know "Grimoire". And neither did my browser's when I was typing this post. Can you believe it? Grimoire. What self-respecting dictionary doesn't know what a grimoire is?
Book That Knows Everything: wtf is this other book?

i need y’all to know that if Silksong drops at the thing on Monday, I’m fucking GONE until I’m finished

I will not be subject to spoilers god dammit

(it is not likely to drop but it might — might — actually get a release date)

Last edited:
i need y’all to know that if Silksong drops at the thing on Tuesday, I’m fucking GONE until I’m finished

I will not be subject to spoilers god dammit

(it is not likely to drop but it might — might — actually get a release date)
fyi the thing (the xbox thing) is on monday. unless you mean a different thing. would be wild to have two things on two consecutive days though.

i need y’all to know that if Silksong drops at the thing on Tuesday, I’m fucking GONE until I’m finished
fyi the thing (the xbox thing) is on monday. unless you mean a different thing. would be wild to have two things on two consecutive days though.
I literally just googled "xbox thing april 2024" because of yall

wtf are they doing like a mini direct every week this month or something?

updated lmao

damn. moving my whole chaotic something or nothing timetable up a day

also obligatory bonus shitpost because I can

“Gears of Worza Halorizon”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom