• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started watching Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix. As a mixed race person myself, it's interesting to see a plot and protagonist revolve around that. People have a mild look horror though when I describe the plot to them lol. I guess a story about a half-Japanese woman hunting down the last 4 white people in Japan is something they're not used to...

before we leave the famicafé for the month, I have to get something of my chest

if you drink decaf, why the fuck do you do that to yourself?

don’t like coffee? drink something else

really like coffee but caffeine fucks you up? fair but there’s gotta be some other kind of hot brown liquid out there for you

drinking faux coffee to look like you like coffee when you don’t? stop torturing yourself for the perception of people who would probably hit you with a bus if asked

like for real

I don’t get it

they soak the beans in paint thinner and they still retain caffeine!

do you enjoy collecting fringe cancers? please don’t platinum this shit

like you could get the same experience by drinking a hot bowl of diluted dark pop and paint thinner

same great taste

what do you have to say for yourselves

I don’t care if none of you drink decaf

you should all be ashamed

really like coffee but caffeine fucks you up? fair but there’s gotta be some other kind of hot brown liquid out there for you

drinking faux coffee to look like you like coffee when you don’t? stop torturing yourself for the perception of people who would probably hit you with a bus if asked

like for real

I don’t get it

like you could get the same experience by drinking a hot bowl of diluted dark pop and paint thinner

same great taste

I admit I do (occasionally) drink a cup of decaf coffee if it's late at night on like... a cold night and I really feel like coffee, but I know if I have a cup I won't sleep for hours. But usually I do regular.

I just posted a thread in the Roost. I’m looking for constructive feedback on a creative project of mine. Please check out the thread if you’d like to help; thanks!

How about Paper Mario: Color Splash?

(I do actually have it, only played for like three hours and then dropped it.)
do this for real though it rules

AkR9Eft.jpg

I admit I do (occasionally) drink a cup of decaf coffee if it's late at night on like... a cold night and I really feel like coffee, but I know if I have a cup I won't sleep for hours. But usually I do regular.
as long as you know it’s legally paint thinner I guess

like for real

I don’t get it

same great taste

I drink decaf at night but only one that is decaffeinated by Swiss Water process, do I avoid the decaf jail this way?

No no, you must do everything else in Dragons Dogma 2 but cooking at a camp.

Yes, this is an order. Respect the elders.
Telling me to play a game and not engage in a cooking minigame is a fresh and novel way of torture

Unless... you said cooking at a camp, in which case I am allowed to cook anywhere outside of a camp

Telling me to play a game and not engage in a cooking minigame is a fresh and novel way of torture

Unless... you said cooking at a camp, in which case I am allowed to cook anywhere outside of a camp

Well, it's not a mini-game, just a prompt and then a cutscene plays. I just wanted to protect you from wanting a steak even more. If you would've seen those cutscenes, you would understand! ;D

And you, sadly, cannot cook outside of the camp, iirc.

I liked before the game out, there was a debate if the meat cooking in Dragon’s Dogma II was in game or live action because it looked so good. It was live action.

I just wanted to protect you from wanting a steak even more
Thank you for your concern. I am pleased to report that the problem has been solved! I have just cooked myself a medium-rare slab of meaty goodness, which I have paired with boiled sweet potatoes because I forgot to buy more vegetables the other day!

Thank you for your concern. I am pleased to report that the problem has been solved! I have just cooked myself a medium-rare slab of meaty goodness, which I have paired with boiled sweet potatoes because I forgot to buy more vegetables the other day!

Good, then i can show you why it would've made you even more hungry:

dragon%27s-dogma-2-dd2.gif

Yes, thats one of the cutscenes that play when you cook stuff in Dragons Dogma 2.

this is a joke fyi
I mean, you're not completely wrong?

I started watching Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix. As a mixed race person myself, it's interesting to see a plot and protagonist revolve around that. People have a mild look horror though when I describe the plot to them lol. I guess a story about a half-Japanese woman hunting down the last 4 white people in Japan is something they're not used to...
I've recently watched that one too! Really good, even though I had to get used to the animation style for the first couple episodes.

do I avoid the decaf jail this way?
don’t panic — I love to incoherently rant but I’m not a goddamn fascist, I’m an abolitionist

told this joke for the first time around 8 years ago in school and failed miserably, quickly realizing no one knew who tf Alucard is
damn I guess I went to high school at the right time after all

not that everyone knew Alucard I guess. but the gays, goths, and nerds sure did!

more than I did, even! I didn’t end up playing Symphony of the Night until like two years ago!

(I say “more than I did” but to be clear I was also a gay goth nerd. I just happened to also be a catastrophic social butterfly with relative clique immunity)

Combination heart condition and carefully managed microdosed meth ADHD medication means I can only have normal coffee once a week on Sundays (and that includes Coke/Pepsi also being cut from the diet) 🥲 I genuinely miss the real thing

Love hot chocolate, but I hate how it makes me feel like my teeth are dissolving from the amount of sugar lol

Jokes on you, I wish I had shame!

I have two weeks to use a game voucher and I really really do not know what to buy with it.

I like to buy my games physically and the only reason I got a pair in the first place was that I wanted the TotK collectors edition and it was just delayed so I double dipped on a pair of vouchers.

Name a game that has good value of just being able to play in short bursts.. preferably with lots of content to.

I was thinking of Advance wars? Never played it before

I have two weeks to use a game voucher and I really really do not know what to buy with it.

I like to buy my games physically and the only reason I got a pair in the first place was that I wanted the TotK collectors edition and it was just delayed so I double dipped on a pair of vouchers.

Name a game that has good value of just being able to play in short bursts.. preferably with lots of content to.

I'd say Pikmin 4 is very "short burstable". Basically doing one day or two, then call it for the session. Plus you're not on any time limit regarding how many days you need/play.

Generally, i like to have games i frequently return to for a bit digitally so i can avoid swapping carts just for 30 minutes. Stuff like Pokemon, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter.

Advance wars is mission based with save anytime options.

Hyrule Warriors deluxe edition is also an option and it never goes on sale

Harvestella is very cosy. Fishing and farming is distracting me from progression, but that's fine! Gotta make a living somehow.
That is totally cool. My favourite fishing game? Final Fantasy XV. For real. I'm like "The world enveloped in eternal darkness? Whatever, I got this new bait Imma try out!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom