• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FF VII wasn't a looker even when it came out.

It's not very good either.
Oops. Spotted a typo. I meant to say the textures are okay, but the 3D assets are somewhat discordant.

It's not very good either.
shocked-clap.gif

look, I have to come clean, I cheated via fortuitous timing

My work / parents* recently pitched in for a new laptop – my first since 2009 – and it finally showed up. That also meant, begrudgingly, new Adobe CC licenses for work. I've gone from my ever-crashing but long-paid-for Adobe CS5 suite to fresh new state-of-the-art software! ...that has very few useful new features, a serious memory leak, and charges rent. but golly fuckin' gee does it feel smooth!

all the old 3D rendering tools are broken or do weird shit now, so the thread logo took a lot of love and faking it
oh man, I know the feeling of having a laptop that crash every time you turn it on but you still try to pack in it as much heavy shit as you can because you're (as in "i am") not that bright or you need it for college assignments or work sksks. or because you want to play games it doesn't run and you go for it anyway.

yeah, the new adobe cc software really feels smoother on up-to-date hardware. i recently had that same experience 😭😭😭😭😭😭
oh and matlab too. oh my gosh. i can't believe how smooth it runs now. ksksksks

it really feels like cheating remembering the years everything ran like a turtle and you had to spend hours to figure out how to do some simple thing because it kept crashing.

How is Xenoblade so good at being the best and worst
The delivery mechanism for the OST in the special edition of X was the worst. A damned usb stick. Also, the battle theme played constantly is that Linkin Park knockoff. Found the bad for you.

Edit: now I think this was rhetorical statement and not a question. Still stand by my comment about X soundtrack though.

So, uh, Ozzie
I just finished Erased, and honestly, I do have to agree with some folks in the prior ST that said that the latter half/third didn't hold up compared to the first half/two thirds of the show.
I'm actually rather unsatisfied with how things turned out, lol.
I think it was oese0 who mentioned being let down after ep. 10 and following? I think I largely agree, especially ep. 11 and 12 were not what I would've liked to see at all. Especially ep. 12/the ending, which left me hanging a bit there. Maybe it's just that up to ep. 6 it was phenomenal, truly, but the rest was "just" pretty good comparatively.

Nonetheless a very good show overall! I'd easily recommend it. It's just too bad they couldn't really stick the landing for me.

DecoReturns
Feel free to write me about what you didn't like about the show, because I sure as hell have my own issues with the overall story now, haha.
Well In short, I’ll just mentioned what I disliked.
-Predictable as hell reveal.
-rather silly “win” from the baddie
-it lost its sense of mystery and urgency cause it was way too long. Felt like the same “dun dun duuuun” was being pulled many times just to keep it going
- where the characters from the past ended up in the future lol.

The worst I feel is the Rather creepy implication that this 33 (I forgot actual age but he was over 30) might end up with a 17 year old. Or she turned 18 by now. Still, it was a ridiculous ending to make up for main protagonist
not ending up with the girl he Protected long ago
. Guess she was too much old now. Can’t have that.

I don't know where this is from but without context, this looks like fans of Persona, Pokémon, DQ and FF working together, against a commonly percieved evil, maybe, with RFA fans being chill and content and not giving a fuck.

Apart from the latter, that can't be right. Not even Xenoblade is powerful enough for the rest to bond over. They'd lose focus after a couple of seconds and start tearing each other apart, before they'd proceed to start hitting themselves.

I gotta say that the first time I hear Geoff's name I thought it was "Jeff Killey". I even thought it had something to do with the creepypasta Jeff The Killer. Lol.

I don't know where this is from but without context, this looks like fans of Persona, Pokémon, DQ and FF working together, against a commonly percieved evil, maybe, with RFA fans being chill and content and not giving a fuck.

Apart from the latter, that can't be right. Not even Xenoblade is powerful enough for the rest to bond over. They'd lose focus after a couple of seconds and start tearing each other apart, before they'd proceed to start hitting themselves.
That’s a perfect description of the series where the screen is from, Brooklyn 99 lol

Will this be thread I make an effort to be more of a regular?

Eh, probably not, good start though!

It's a fine series as long as you keep in mind that it's kind of blatant copaganda~

Yeah, I appreciate their acknowledgement of this in the final season, but there's nothing they can really do other than fundamentally change the show

That being said, I binged it recently with my spouse and it's really funny. I love me some rapid-fire jokes and Andy Samberg's "i'm on a lot of adderall" energy.

Can you add a 3rd Obama with his back turned to the other 2 Obamas? I guess most anticipated game isn't an award to Nintendo.
Nintendo can't afford to acknowledge Breath of the Wild 2 because they know people will immediately get hyped and anticipate the game in the most anticipated category, which is clearly undesirable from their point of view.

So basically Breath of the Wild 2 at the Keighleys confirmed I guess.

Jesus christ don't turn this thread into a shithole get lost you feet weirdos

Thought this was an interesting Kickstarter for a modernized Gamecube controller with a variety of input from pro smash players and modders

Swappable magnetic faceplates, adjustable heights for the analog sticks, paddle buttons (currently mapped to X and Y), enlarged Dpad, expansion paks for increased controller weight/wireless capabilities, USB-C to USB-A/Gamecube male, smooth face buttons, firmware updates, and above all a desire to ensure that the controller itself is tournament legal.

That last point is especially interesting to me, seeing as they're the ones behind the recent partnership with Nintendo for a Smash Bros Melee & Ultimate tournament that was announced a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom