• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish you all the best for 2022, Hope the new year Will bring us a New Xenoblade, but I'm sure It Will be an Amazing year thanks to this Amazing community

Got my booster shot yesterday and goddamn is it kicking my ass. Injection site is very sore and the rest of my body is aching and warm. This happened with both previous shots so I'm not surprised but it still kinda sucks.

Good thing I have video games to pass the time in bed.

Happy new year, you cool people in here! :)

It's been a pretty trash year for me personally. But video games and friends has helped tremendously. It's been such a killer year for Switch. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Metroid Dread, Bowser's Fury, Skyward Sword HD...

And last but not least, Game Builder Garage! I spent 80 hours with that game making a 3D adventure of my own, posted it on the subreddit, watched a competition stream from a gaming collective, and in general just watched all the bonkers stuff people has been posting to youtube and in the subreddit. These have all been very precious gaming memories for me, and some of the highlights of 2021.

im-done-done-with-games.gif

This thread when Xeno3 is announced

200 pages? more like… I thought typing an ellipsis would give me time to think of a joke but no

Kirby basically being a shoo-in for March puts a smile on my face. I'm really glad that despite whatever 2022 brings, Nintendo's software lineup is going to be fantastic, and that's only based on what we already know about.

I can't believe another year went by so fast
Happy New Year ('s Eve) to all!! Can't wait for all the games slated in 2022!

It's gonna be an amazing year hopefully!!
Do ya'll have any new years resolutions? 👀

oooop I missed the “for me” part! sorry @Magic-Man — I thought you meant that 2021 was good except for December and I was like “…wait, what?”
Lmao it's okay. 2021 was completely shitty for world events, but nothing that really affected my personal life outside of January and December. I'd actually say that December was the worst month I've ever had. January looks to continue that trend and I'm not looking forward to it.

Maybe there's some light at the end of the tunnel in March though. Please God don't let COVID delay my move.

Are we all expecting Advanced Wars to be the next first party game after Pokémon, or do we think Kirby will sneak in before it?
That runs it up close to Triangle Strategy, which is another turn based strategy game Nintendo is publishing. I see Advance Wars as late April myself, especially with Emily mentioning Splatoon 3 in May to July range.

I will take the bullet to help this thread reach 200 pages before Skittzo posts ST4. All I have to do is make a claim that is earth-shatteringly outrageous, but will have equal parts of our community supporting and dismissing it. Over dozens of posts. To this end, it ideally has to be despicable, yet not ban-worthy.

Here goes nothing:

I was going to make a thread for this hot take but it honestly isn't interesting enough for one so you guys get to see it here

Ender Lillies is the best Igavania. I will be taking questions at this time

Here, I'll help get this thread to 200 pages, watch:
* ahem *
I've never liked Pokemon.

January: Pokemon Arceus
March: Triangle Stratey/Kirby
April: Advance Wars
May: Casual title most of us pass on
June: Splatoon 3
July: Mario Rabbids 2
August: Metroid Prime HD
September: Bayonetta 3
October: Donkey Kong 3D/Mario 3D (One of the other)
November: BOTW 2
December: Nintendogs/cats

Last edited:
Been playing DQ11S since Christmas, I think I'm in what people call Act 2 and it feels like I already completed like three full adventures. Enjoying the hell out of it though. And I have no idea howw I would get through it without the Switch version in portable mode.

Been playing DQ11S since Christmas, I think I'm in what people call Act 2 and it feels like I already completed like three full adventures. Enjoying the hell out of it though. And I have no idea howw I would get through it without the Switch version in portable mode.
Long RPGs need the portability in my opinion. Makes it so much easier to get through the grindy parts

I was going to make a thread for this hot take but it honestly isn't interesting enough for one so you guys get to see it here

My question is as follows: did you not get bored of how samey the look and atmosphere was? Because I sure did

My question is as follows: did you not get bored of how samey the look and atmosphere was? Because I sure did
Not really? I thought there was a good amount of environmental variation and the game isn't long enough for the melancholic atmosphere to start dragging.

Though that is one area the Igavanias have it beat. My original hot take had more to do with the gameplay elements than anything else, but you can't fit nuance into a hot take

I was at that point a couple months ago. I can't believe how much story they managed to squeeze out of that game. Wait till you get to Act 3. 😅

45 games and expansions completed this year, with the 45th member of the club being the very excellent Death's Door. One of the best Zelda-like games I've played, though I wish they'd had a bit more imagination instead of repeatedly throwing wave after wave of spawning enemies at you. I feel like the first dungeon (specifically the shift from the first half to the second half) hit a high that the game didn't really return to, but it was still high quality throughout. Would love to see more in the same vein but with more puzzle/progression variety (i.e. stop spawning mobs at me), more mini-boss variety, and some original spells.

On the last point, I don't think it's bad the game revolves around four basic abilities, three of them Zelda staples. That's actually the direction I'd have liked to see 2D Zelda going in - give me the basic toolkit of bow, bombs, boomerang and hookshot and build the game around that, with unique spells/items/mechanics in dungeons. Sort of like how the Spinner in Twilight Princess has an excellent dungeon around it, but without feeling compelled to shoehorn that mechanic into the overworld.

Anyway, Death's Door is great and it looks like there's post game. Probably in my top 5 for 2021.

Nintendo have a little 2022 preview up on the Switch news channel. Even without an early 2022 general Direct, it's a damn good list:

• the sequel to Breath of the Wild
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Pokemon Legends Arceus
  • Splatoon 3
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
  • Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp
  • Triangle Strategy

Genre and franchise variety is impressive, as is the fact the list contains a couple of third-party exclusives, an IP reboot, the first proper 3D Kirby, a new take on Pokemon, the long-awaited appearance of Bayonetta 3 and the sequel to the Switch's defining game. The fact we could have stuff like Metroid Prime HD, Xenoblade and more added to that, plus third party stuff, is bonkers. We might even finally get Silksong and Sports Story, kids.

2022's gonna be excellent on Switch.

Being better at staying connected with friends is one for me.

I am hugely enjoying it myself. Combat is awesome, and tense! It feels like a more approachable HK, which I've been looking for.

Generally I don't do new year's resolutions, but 2022's going to bring some changes for me. Finally moving to the US in April following a lengthy pandemic/health-related delay, which means after feeling like I'm in limbo for 2 years, big things are finally going ahead. Secondly, I finally had a proper diagnosis for my illness last week and, while it's not really curable or properly treatable, there are things I can and will be trying to help me adapt to my condition and which might make life easier or at least more manageable.

Plus 2022 should bring new Zelda and that's always a plus in my books.

Lmao it's okay. 2021 was completely shitty for world events, but nothing that really affected my personal life outside of January and December. I'd actually say that December was the worst month I've ever had. January looks to continue that trend and I'm not looking forward to it.

Maybe there's some light at the end of the tunnel in March though. Please God don't let COVID delay my move.
oof buddy I’m sorry

I really hope things get better for you

Just FYI my thread is tentatively scheduled to go up at 9pm EST, or about 11 hours from now.
ope I better make my end-of-thread statements earlier than expected

HEY EVERYONE
Thank you much for participating in ST3: Topical Threes!

It’s been a blast hosting you this month and may you all have a great New Year, despite current circumstances.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my bad photoshop jokes and the haunting power of the 𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖙 ~̵̡̡̙̱̥̻̏̈̐̓͘.̵̧͖̠͓͚͙̅̍̌͛+̴̻̠͔͒̈́͆̆̑̑̂͠.̸͇͙͉͍̖͐͑̍̌͗͐̈́́̕~̶͕͈̠̬̮͈͐̑͐̑͜͠͠ 𝖆𝖇𝖞𝖘𝖘

looking forward to @Skittzo’s masterpiece and the @Raccoon foundation’s Direct extravaganza!

cheers to all and best of luck! stay safe!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom