• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait for nintendo youtubers to make videos based on that reggie tweet.

"REGGIE CONFIRMES BOTW2 AT THE TGA'S IN THIS TWEET"

Does anyone want to make a avatar bet for if Hollow Knight: Silksong will be at the Game Awards? I Wanted to make this bet because everyone thinks Silksong won't be at the awards because we have not seen it in over two years, but I am inclined to believe it will show up here, due to the Nvidia leak.

I saw the Smash Patch notes and some pros take on it and I gotta say.

Why doesn’t anybody else play Pikachu if they’re so “busted” lol. Like I think only one player actually gets fair with Pikachu and even in casual play from what I’ve seen, Pikachu isn’t used much. Doesn’t seem like much of a problem if only
One person is using them effectively competitive wise. Or maybe they all just secretly dislike the player lol

Of Probably a boring character to play for folks

Brave of Nintendo to turn Breath of the Wild 2 into the next season of Fortnite and let Reggie reveal it at the Keighleys.

I didn't know that Retro's canceled project was a 3D action game based on a Nintendo IP at first but it turned into its own thing at the end.
I'm wondering what IP it was..

I didn't know that Retro's canceled project was a 3D action game based on a Nintendo IP at first but it turned into its own thing at the end.
I'm wondering what IP it was..
Don’t forget David Wise was also going to do the music. Were they going to make a 3D DK game? Hmm

Don’t forget David Wise was also going to do the music. Were they going to make a 3D DK game? Hmm
That's what I thought but it seems like the insider on the other forum ( the one who talked about Primer Remaster ) described it as 3D action instead of 3D plateformer..

Fixed for truth.

EDIT:

Kinda feel like Reggie is stoking the hype a bit with that wording. Not that I expect Zelda there, but I feel like he might be trying to play that angle there to hype people up.

Reggie definitely knows what the implication is here with this wording lol. Not saying it will be Zelda, but you would hope at least something Nintendo-adjacent. Not gonna get too invested though

The thing is, can we know for sure that Reggie is aware of what exactly he is going to present, for now? He doesn't work at Nintendo anymore.

The thing is, can we know for sure that Reggie is aware of what exactly he is going to present, for now? He doesn't work at Nintendo anymore.
We can't be completely sure, but with how close we are it's likely he does know what it is (unless it's an award winner)

I'm not really sold on it being Zelda related - I kinda think that's just how Reggie talks - but I'm sure it will be a fun announcement

Their new IP is called Legendairy, about a dairy cow who goes on an adventure to save lactose intolerant people from their own digestive systems.

Strikey Sisters has a big sale on Switch and is like 1,99 right now. I've been dying for an Arkanoid-style game while I wait for the Space Invaders collection. Very curious how this game plays.

there's an imagine dragons song that I really like but I don't care for the arrangement or production

Does anyone actually watch the game awards for the awards itself?
Of course. People like to claim they don’t care but always have something to say about game of the year and whatnot.

Hell, one podcast i Iisten to did that cause they were pissed Zelda one instead of Mario Odyssey. Claim they don’t care but get angry that Zelda won it that year lol

Nickelback is helluva lot better than they are given shit for.

Imagine Dragons is a damn competent group.

I hate edgy for the sake of edgy when it comes to hating things.

They aren't disliked for being incompetent musicians. I dislike Nickelback because of their inability to evolve and experiment past a certain vanilla box they found to be comfortable and lucrative. So sure, as a business, they're great. But their music as an art is extremely unappealing to me. And sure, it has utility, like if I needed a loud drunk song to belt out with friends, or a sweeping anthem for a Hollywood superhero movie in the 2000's.

I also find Imagine Dragons to be very non-stimulating pop music and I really dislike their lyrics. Sure, it has utility for filling a stadium with loud singalong anthems for general audiences, but I find the music very hard to connect with on an emotional level. I think a lot of people feel this way.

I get you're tired of hearing negative things about them but consider that the negativity comes from somewhere other than me trying to be "edgy".

8kRgWHS.gif

They aren't disliked for being incompetent musicians. I dislike Nickelback because of their inability to evolve and experiment past a certain vanilla box they found to be comfortable and lucrative. So sure, as a business, they're great. But their music as an art is extremely unappealing to me. And sure, it has utility, like if I needed a loud drunk song to belt out with friends, or a sweeping anthem for a Hollywood superhero movie in the 2000's.

I also find Imagine Dragons to be very non-stimulating pop music and I really dislike their lyrics. Sure, it has utility for filling a stadium with loud singalong anthems for general audiences, but I find the music very hard to connect with on an emotional level. I think a lot of people feel this way.

I get you're tired of hearing negative things about them but consider that the negativity comes from somewhere other than me trying to be "edgy".
Yep this. It has nothing to do with being "edgy" and everything with stale and boring formulas that work on a business level but completely fall flat when looked at from an artistic standpoint. It's easy to see through the formulas Nickelback and Imagine Dragons use and the moment you notice it's that standard trick they use, it bothers you immediately after hearing them. Like, you can't unhear it anymore. Pair that with the amount of play they receive and you understand why they get so much hate.

it's such a cliché thing to say but every imagine dragons song sounds exactly the same. the one I posted is the most divergent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom