• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST27 December 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami

Choose wisely!

• Tea

• Coffee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up watching Pokemon Concierge and it was really lovely and warm and nice. I wish it was longer but 4 episodes is fine.

I went to an used electronics shop today and to my shock I saw a tiny ps1 and it just hit me that I had completely forgotten that the PS1 mini/classic was a thing that was released.

I went to a used electronics shop today and to my shock I saw a tiny ps1 and it just hit me that I had completely forgotten that the PS1 mini/classic was a thing that was released.
I have one, it’s modded but it’s fritzing/acting up. Which sucks cause if I can figure out why I think it’d work with an 8bitdo wireless controller I have

I have like 30 something games in my backlog and I got hooked on Ace Angler. I went from starting today to having 100 fish for the aquarium ( you need 200 to open it), catching 170 different types of fish out of like 300 and only one world left in the story mode.

Also people are huge ass rage quitters on the online Jesus Christ, and I would like to thank the game for matching me up with the S+ player who won 950+ matches for my rank up match.

I don't have a clue why the aquarium has to be a gacha machine, but aside from those things it's very fun.

I'm unsure how much of a grind it will be to unlock the later stages and such, but I had a blast with it today. I'm eagerly looking forward to playing it more tomorrow that is if i didn't fuck up my arm/elbow.

Someone make cheez it horse guy into an avatar for me, you’ll be my hero,
Okay this is not what you asked for but still:

img_0165.jpg

Also hope you feel better soon

All you people with colds, I hope you all have warm chicken soup or citrus drinks

I’m thinking of resubbing to Netflix for Pokemon Concierge. Has anyone seen it? Is it good?
Take my opinion with a Garganacl since I'm a massive Pokemon fan, but yeah Concierge is comfort food for the soul. Not sure if you should resub for it since it's only four episodes long. But it's darned cute. Like the felt, stop-motion Pokemon are adorable but even the MC is someone I can relate to, since she starts off feeling like her life isn't working out so far.

The poll is tied once again, and it ends whenever the thread does. I could have just ended it whenever, but only cowards change the rules as they go to make them play into their desired outcome.

If people end up choosing poorly, so be it!

As somebody who regularly drinks both:

1 cup of coffee > 1 cup of tea
3 cups of tea > 3 cups of coffee

I voted tea.

I have like 30 something games in my backlog and I got hooked on Ace Angler. I went from starting today to having 100 fish for the aquarium ( you need 200 to open it), catching 170 different types of fish out of like 300 and only one world left in the story mode.

Also people are huge ass rage quitters on the online Jesus Christ, and I would like to thank the game for matching me up with the S+ player who won 950+ matches for my rank up match.

I don't have a clue why the aquarium has to be a gacha machine, but aside from those things it's very fun.

I'm unsure how much of a grind it will be to unlock the later stages and such, but I had a blast with it today. I'm eagerly looking forward to playing it more tomorrow that is if i didn't fuck up my arm/elbow.
As long as you have a hundred when you start you can get so many tokens on the token pusher machine those are never a huge issue

Today I read about Purity Balls for the first time and I am creeped out and disgusted all at the same time. This is so completely fucked up... Like, I knew about Purity Rings which I thought was a fucked up and creepy thing but a republican niche. But this is next level fucked up.... 😩

Good to know thanks, I havent tried that yet cause I wanted to know how to do it properly
Make sure you’re triggering the slot machine by dropping coins into the moving area. You’re going to feel like you’re dumping quite a bit at first but the slot bonuses and the challenges will make you a ton. You’re spending money to make money and it escalates fast. The fish challenges follow the main game reeling logic but are more bolt dependent. Make sure you’re saving your bolts for the evil class over the standard. But the bonus does stack each time you fail.

(Honestly you’ll be better at that part than me, I still don’t quite get how reeling things in works)

God, I freaking love point-and-click adventure games. So I need to listen to some guy's phone conversation; he's in his house's kitchen and I can see him through a window. What to do? Discreetly open the window with some of the items I have? Unlock the door and stealthily get closer to him? NO! I lure his cat to the outside using a slice of tuna pizza, I GLUE MY MOBILE PHONE TO ITS BACK WHILE IT'S EATING, I put salt on the pizza slice, causing the cat to need to drink from its drinking bowl, which is in the same room the guy is, allowing me to record his side of the conversation.

OF COURSE!
Today I read about Purity Balls for the first time and I am creeped out and disgusted all at the same time. This is so completely fucked up... Like, I knew about Purity Rings which I thought was a fucked up and creepy thing but a republican niche. But this is next level fucked up.... 😩
This made me google "Purity Balls".

What the fuck?

Last edited:
Discotek day approaches again and these 2 clues in particular are making me think of one show in particular: Shin God Steel Jeeg

This one could be a more general Go Nagai tease tho there is an episode where the lead does flying drill docking training….by imagining he’s catching boobs instead with the robot

While this could be a reference to Hiroshi the OG Steel Jeeg who loses his side burns when he transforms into a cyborg. Also the fact the show is a psuedo reboot/sequel to the old show

Sigh I can only hope. A dub would be rad too

God, I freaking love point-and-click adventure games. So I need to listen to some guy's phone conversation; he's in his house's kitchen and I can see him through a window. What to do? Discreetly open the window with some of the items I have? Unlock the door and stealthily get closer to him? NO! I lure his cat to the outside using a slice of tuna pizza, I GLUE MY MOBILE PHONE TO ITS BACK WHILE IT'S EATING, I put salt on the pizza slice, causing the cat to need to drink from its drinking bowl, which is in the same room the guy is, allowing me to record his side of the conversation.
What Gabriel Knight fangame is that?

What Gabriel Knight fangame is that?
That's what I was thinking while I was doing it! The freaking cat hair mustache puzzle from GK3! But no, it's from Secret Files: Tunguska. (now available on the Nintendo Switch family of systems)

The funny thing is, it wasn't a particularly difficult puzzle; the game pretty much telegraphs what you're supposed to do. But the whole time I was thinking "Why the fuck is this your first idea to solve this, young lady? What the hell?"

After restarting my Metroid prime playthrough after relying on a guide on the first one and not for the second one, the game has finally clicked with me and I’m having a blast. The game is much more enjoyable from the start and feels more rewarding.

Might be one of the best games of all time for me.

The poll is tied once again, and it ends whenever the thread does. I could have just ended it whenever, but only cowards change the rules as they go to make them play into their desired outcome.

If people end up choosing poorly, so be it!
Coffee friends, time your votes. I’ll post the next ST tomorrow when coffee strikes a decisive blow!

/s

maybe

I keep thinking about this and the actual toxic friendship Timon and Pumbaa actually provided to Simba lmao:

53b96f88-929c-4936-9d20-56bac47bd1c6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom