• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion A thread for smaller or non-important Nintendo gaming questions

Ninjadom

Piranha Plant
Hi. Anyone got any Nintendo questions that don’t need their own thread made for them?

I started this thread because I’ve started a one-credit clear project of ‘Vs. Super Mario Bros.’ on Switch. Hamster Arcade Archives. And I’m playing in High Score mode.

BUT, how the hell do you unpause the game and keep on playing if you press the + button to pause?? You can only quit your game but can’t resume. Why?

Anyway, feel free to ask your non-thread worthy Nintendo questions in here and I’ll try my best to answer them. ☺️

I’ve got a couple of launch day Switch Joy-Cons that don’t work wirelessly anymore. Any way to fix these? Only work when attached to the console.

I’ve got a couple of launch day Switch Joy-Cons that don’t work wirelessly anymore. Any way to fix these? Only work when attached to the console.
Do they not connect wirelessly when they're detached or does it seem like the battery doesn't hold a charge?

I would like to know if it's dangerous to share the Nintendo Account ID on a Forum?
Do you mean your Switch friend code or your username? In either case I don't see why not, but maybe use the newly implemented [ reply ] tags to hide it. If your friend code were public, for example, you could get a bunch of friend requests from offsite

Any recommendations for external storage for a Wii U? Preferably a USB stick that works with it.
You should NOT use a USB stick - they aren't meant to be constantly read from/written to. An SD Card via a USB stick would be better but at that point, you might as well just get an external HDD. Just keep in mind that Wii U external HDDs require power, either from their own dedicated source or from 2 USB ports on the console via a Y-cable.

Do you mean your Switch friend code or your username? In either case I don't see why not, but maybe use the newly implemented [ reply ] tags to hide it. If your friend code were public, for example, you could get a bunch of friend requests from offsite

Thanks!!! I meant the Nintendo Account ID (Username) with which you're able to Login to your Nintendo Account.

You should NOT use a USB stick - they aren't meant to be constantly read from/written to. An SD Card via a USB stick would be better but at that point, you might as well just get an external HDD. Just keep in mind that Wii U external HDDs require power, either from their own dedicated source or from 2 USB ports on the console via a Y-cable.
Excellent, thank you!

Dumb question, but are there Famicom Disc System-games only? So, games that haven't been rereleased on cartridge or as a downloadable title on Wii or the e-Shop or something?

Do they not connect wirelessly when they're detached or does it seem like the battery doesn't hold a charge?
I think it’s a battery issue. As there are no lights turning on with them once detached from the main Switch.

Any recommendations for external storage for a Wii U? Preferably a USB stick that works with it.
Don’t use a USB stick. Use a dedicated hard drive.

I used a USB stick in my Wii U from launch until Mario Kart 8 came out. But Mario Kart 8 was “different”. The game would freeze and I’d get errors saying the storage wasn’t ‘fast enough’.

So I purchased a dedicated hard drive back then and used it with no problems. It was a cheap 120GB drive (I think) but it plugged into BOTH of the USB ports on the back of the Wii U, which gives it more power.

Now, that was back in 2014. So maybe now in 2021, USB sticks are fast enough for the Wii U.

Dumb question, but are there Famicom Disc System-games only? So, games that haven't been rereleased on cartridge or as a downloadable title on Wii or the e-Shop or something?
From Nintendo themselves…

40734_front.jpg

20181112_533cc9.jpg

backgammon.jpg

HotRally.png

Famicom%20Grand%20Prix%20F1%20Race%20-%20Insert.jpg

Kaettekita Mario Bros.
1200px-Kaettekita_Mario_Bros_FDS_box_artwork.jpg

knight-move-fds-01.png

Time Twist
306667_front.jpg

Nakayama Miho no Tokimeki High School
40844_front.jpg

What is the name of the song at 4:44 in this video?:

I remember when I first saw this I wondered, and seven and a half years later I still can't remember what it is. I know it's in Skyward Sword but can't remember where it's used. At one point I think I even went through a bunch of Skyward Sword tracks and couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom