• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST27 December 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami

Choose wisely!

• Tea

• Coffee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s an adaption of the 2011 continuation manga that takes place a couple years after the end of the first run. Likely opens on the final fight of scramble for the throne. Confirmed to cover the first arc Perfect Origin(which is around 208 chapters long).
It’s not an awful spot to jump on as a newcomer tho, it’s considered one of the best arcs in the whole franchise and it’s not going to be worse than all the people who started Dragonball with Z
Also the continuation is still ongoing(albeit on hiatus due to one half of the main duo being on a health leave. The other half is going to be adapting one of the spinoff novels they wrote as a manga during the break).
Thanks, I think I’ll jump in. When does it air?

Thanks, I think I’ll jump in. When does it air?
This year, they still haven’t given a season.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Crunchy grabbed it as a headliner or if Toonami got it as a collab dub broadcast tho with how big Ultimate Muscle was back in the day over here and wrestling on an upswing again. If it gets dubbed they better bring Mike Pollock back as Meat

I’m working on revamping my room to be able to play a bunch of Nintendo systems and display my game collection more proudly. I’ve spent ~10 hours over the last three days cleaning up, organizing, reuniting discs with their empty cases, and drilling holes to hide wires, and wiring behind my desk. I’m really proud of how it’s turning out, and I’m excited to be able to play without hassle on all of my Nintendo systems. I’ve had to order stuff like HDMI splitters, GameCube to HDMI converters, and new power cables for the GameCube (since the old one was apparently chewed up by my dad’s old bunny and I’m not in the mood to burn the house down). I can’t wait to get my setup finished!

I've had a little fun with Sunbreak missions and War Room (AW2 settings) this week, but otherwise I'm definitely in a weird funk which includes gaming miasma. Been a tough year and I guess the festivus hiatus leaves time to reflect on that but I mostly just feel exhausted.

My new planner (hobonichi techo) should arrive tomorrow, and I've got a shiny new fountain pen, too, so I'll do a little thinking and scribbling at some point before year's end.

I have read some delightful weird short fiction, and I've a safe roof over my head and great food in my belly, so I do try to count my blessings. And I've an array of Old RPGs on my Switch to dig into soon, too.

My new planner (hobonichi techo) should arrive tomorrow, and I've got a shiny new fountain pen, too, so I'll do a little thinking and scribbling at some point before year's end.
Nice, curious about your planner haul and fountain pen 😁

Nice, curious about your planner haul and fountain pen 😁
This year I went for a change and got the A5 Tomitaro Makino: Yamazakura hardcover design; normally I just get the A6 standard English one page per day (and have done since 2016). But the art on this one looks gorgeous and I figured it would be nice to have a change. Maybe it'll make me feel less stuck in a rut in some small way.

My parents got me a Charles Scrivener silver fountain pen with a gold finish - it's beautiful! Not used it yet. I'll use black ink with it at first but when I can I'll treat myself to some sea blue ink from Japan probably.

Nintendo Switch Redo
Sounds like a Super Sentai battle cry, tbh

Nintendo Switch... REDO!

power-rangers-forever-red.gif

This year I went for a change and got the A5 Tomitaro Makino: Yamazakura hardcover design; normally I just get the A6 standard English one page per day (and have done since 2016). But the art on this one looks gorgeous and I figured it would be nice to have a change. Maybe it'll make me feel less stuck in a rut in some small way.

My parents got me a Charles Scrivener silver fountain pen with a gold finish - it's beautiful! Not used it yet. I'll use black ink with it at first but when I can I'll treat myself to some sea blue ink from Japan probably.
Oeh sounds very nice!

As for the ink: may I suggest Pilot Iroshizuku Ama-iro, which is a beautiful blue ink.

What do you mean I'm at 5k posts?
At that point, am I allowed to tell you to, what's the term again, "touch some grass"?

Strategy Guides for movies. What a time to be alive 😂
They should make a guide for Tenet. And Donnie Darko. And Predestination. And Ready Player One. And...

They announced last week that there would be no sales data this week. I forget when they said they'd be back.
I believe sales data will come back on January 11

One last Good News roundup for 2023!

FDA approves world-first gene therapy treatment for sickle cell disease

Solar power use globally has doubled in the last 18 months

Vaccine against a type of breast cancer shows good results in clinical trials

Globally there are 50 million more girls in school this year compared to 2015, with upper secondary attendence increasing by over 10%

This year, 193 countries reached a landmark deal to protect the world's oceans, in what Greenpeace called "the greatest conservation victory of all time."

There were just 12 cases of wild polio virus this year; in the 1980s, before the eradication campaign began, there were over 300,000 a year

Hmm planning to dive into a game Tonight, not sure which

Also trying to decide, am I building HMM Command Wolf, HG Penelope or RG Tallgeese III next. Open to comments XD

IMG_7987.jpg

I have made a list of the games I plan to beat in 2024. I am really trying to keep myself honest with spending. I am sort of
hoping the Switch 2 doesn’t come out this year, lol.

(Kidding)

I have completed the Pokédex in Pokémon scarlet, my first time completing a dex in a Pokémon game.

Next, I’m properly playing through Metroid prime without using a guide.

Finished the current story modes of Gigabash. Was really fun. Messing with arcade mode with kongcrete but almost to my finger limits

I finally caught Iron Leaves and Walking Wake. Ogerpon defeated Leaves on the 2nd try and my Miraidon absolutely destroyed Wake. I really didn't think I'd be able to do it by myself since I don't have the internet to team up and would never get them.

Wanted to share for the General Discussion crowd, I'm running a badge challenge in the Direct Speculation thread that's pretty easy to enter. All you have to do is guess the air date of the next Direct and/or the announcement date of Switch 2. There's still 76.5 hours left to enter and I'd love to see as many people as possible win so give me your guesses if you have the time :)

just finished DQXI S and... now what?!

do i:

a. be responsible and pick metroid prime remastered, ni no kuni, or 3D all-stars back up?

or

b. buy something new and exciting like SO2R or... something else even!

the world is my oyster.

Thinking of coming up with a league of some sort for the forums. Not predictions or sales, though. Thinking of something is part of the challenge, but ideally it'd be something RPG style.

I'm going to need 3rd party devs to bring more of their 3DS games to the Switch.

do i:

a. be responsible and pick metroid prime remastered, ni no kuni, or 3D all-stars back up?

or

b. buy something new and exciting like SO2R or... something else even!

the world is my oyster.
Time for the backlog

Thinking of coming up with a league of some sort for the forums. Not predictions or sales, though. Thinking of something is part of the challenge, but ideally it'd be something RPG style.
a league… of their own?

An automotive publication I follow posted a story where they asked their readers what engine sounds they hate, and the results were 6-cylinders, Subaru boxers, and Mazda rotaries.

Which are my three favorite sounding engine types.

So it's not just video games in which my taste is trash. I apparently go against the grain in allllll sorts of shit. 😅

29e7c31190a069464c332f8f026f612a676f8d6c.jpg

Very much indulged myself at Shibuya Parco! Lots of Mario, Splatoon, Animal Crossing and Pikmin in the Nintendo store. Pokemon was ridiculously busy. Ate some good ramen

Which are my three favorite sounding engine types
Damn, I don't even distinguish between engine sounds. They're all just "vrooom" to me.

Very much indulged myself at Shibuya Parco!
I am the embodiment of envy right now lol

Honestly? Either pick Metroid Prime back up or buy something new. I assume you've played the games in All-Stars and Ni No Kuni is meh outside the Ghibli trappings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom