• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST27 December 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami

Choose wisely!

• Tea

• Coffee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Come to think of it, we never see if the sphere is attached to anything underground

2b9b2d0a08d62b8b278f4c9dcf94a367.jpg

(Honestly you’ll be better at that part than me, I still don’t quite get how reeling things in works)
Too be honest I thought I did, but I forgot what I did in the demo I tried many months ago. I just go in one direction and if that doesn't work I just switch and rapidly reel in the other way.

I kinda want to get that reel attachment now, I'm playing this more than I thought I would.

I think Lanz just eternally keeps on wanting something a bit meatier. Poor guy.

Risk is just like real life because it teaches you that no matter how great you think your game plan is and how finely tuned you think your strategy might be, and how hard you try to take into account every reasonable possibility, someone else pulling random moves can still get the better of you because they keep rolling the highest possible dice.

Risk is just like real life because it teaches you that no matter how great you think your game plan is and how finely tuned you think your strategy might be, and how hard you try to take into account every reasonable possibility, someone else pulling random moves can still get the better of you because they keep rolling the highest possible dice.
that's exactly why we banned that game at home :LOL:

Too much salt, it's worse than Mario Kart or Monopoly :D

And with that, two long losing streaks have come to an end. The Pistons of the NBA and That's Too Much on The Price Is Right. Both in the same week too!

Oh look the final game released in 2023 that I want is finally back in stocks! Wait it doesn't ship until late February? Why is it even in stock yet then?

I love Risk for precisely this reason, I just make the dice go vrooom

Take out the RNG and I lose my winning strategy

2023 was a good year

e9f9872b3c3c89dab149d2ba5f89c30387e70b23.gifv

cd9.gif

JqZTmh0.gif

pikmin-pikmin-4.gif

6bLzY5.gif
I can be pretty bad about completing games, and I'm also often bad about playing games around the time of release. I have to say...I am pretty proud of myself that I reached credits in every single game shown in this post this year. I'm also shocked I managed that. I didn't 100% any of these and any post-games were left unfinished, but I saw ending credits every time.

As for those GIFs, Link being able to smoothly dive from the sky to the ground to underground is still pretty unbelievable to me. It's also pretty remarkable when you compare it to the Skyward Sword remaster released not too long ago. A lot of the stuff that Tears of the Kingdom pulled off with its tech is really cool, and I hope we eventually get a GDC talk or something equivalent on it.

Despite me not thinking that it was a life changing game, although I do still really like it, I have now purchased Nier Automata for a third time. Bought the original back in May 2017. Beat it. Sold it. Bought Game of the Yorha Edition a few years later when it was super cheap and now I've gotten the Switch version just to satisfy my curiosity for "handheld" versions of console games. It's a bit blurry and washed out but I think some of these were present even in the PS4 version. Aside from that, it plays nicely and it looks to be a good port so far.

I really need to play it
If you are into Xenoblade lore and like nods to Xenoblade 1 and 2, then I think you probably do need to. It's also generally a fun time in my opinion, and I found the systems they added for Future Redeemed enjoyable. I'm not a huge Xenoblade story nerd—for example, Alvis showing up like in that GIF gets a shrug from me—but I think people who are were happy with what they got. So, if seeing that GIF excites you...enjoy!

Last edited:
You might be wondering why I'm sitting here listening to the Scott Pilgrim Takes Off OST at nearly goddamn midnight

The answer is uh

uhh

uuhhhhhhhnamanaguchi

I'm re-listening to a lot of game music from 2023 to try to nail down my top 5 tracks and/or moments, and... this is hard. I thought I had it mostly sorted, but hearing that moment in Colgera's boss theme again is making me question not having it higher. Too much good music!

Last edited:
You might be wondering why I'm sitting here listening to the Scott Pilgrim Takes Off OST at nearly goddamn midnight

The answer is uh

uhh

uuhhhhhhhnamanaguchi
Not Anamanaguchi, who I love, but I Will Remember You is my favorite song on that soundtrack. One of my favorite moments from the show too lol.

Not Anamanaguchi, who I love, but I Will Remember You is my favorite song on that soundtrack. One of my favorite moments from the show too lol.
Omg and the meta-ness of it actually being Emily Haines this time after Brie Larson sang one of her songs in the movie had me tripping out.

But my favorite musical moment has to be the chiptune version of God Only Knows. It absolutely wrecks me.

And a close second place I already posted about 🤣

And third place being Knives and Kim playing together

And fourth place being the boss AND miniboss songs from the game both making brief cameos in the final episode.

And fifth place being the choir chanting ᴇᴇᴇᴇᴇᴇᴠɪʟʟʟ ᴇᴇᴇᴇᴇxᴇsssss during the Patel VS Graves fight and the arrival at the literal goddamn stage musical for fucks sake

And sixth place being Patel singing something from goddamn Into The Woods at one point????!!! (but in a dual costume split down the middle because it's a duet but he's performing both roles as part of a one-man-show 🤣)

Seriously how did they think they could get away with all that? I mean obviously they did get away with it but how did they think they could???

the show's so fuckin good yall

Last edited:
It's nearly 1am

I have finished the Scott Pilgrim anime OST and have moved on to Megalomania 2022

I will be getting exactly no sleep tonight thankyouverymuch

I used my last voucher on splatoon 3. Can’t wait to dig in.
I just can’t bring myself to pull the trigger on Splatoon 3. I spent so much time in 2, but the thought of starting all over again makes me not want to bother. They really should’ve stuck with 2 instead imo. (But that’s a tired topic at this point, haha)

The Festivus period has been a lengthy combination of spiritual miasma, flu and chronic health problems. I'm in the last 12 hours of 2023 and wondering what to do with it. I could finish Mario RPG maybe, but it really hasn't gripped me. Also unsure which other game to start out of my pile.
2023 was a good year

e9f9872b3c3c89dab149d2ba5f89c30387e70b23.gifv

cd9.gif

JqZTmh0.gif

pikmin-pikmin-4.gif

6bLzY5.gif
Yeah these were all brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Superb stuff.

2023 was a good year in terms of videogames.

Resident Evil 4 was glorious

We got Like a Dragon Ishin and the Man who erased his name

Fatal Frame 4 finally came to the west

And oh boy, the Switch had another good year with Tears of the Kingdom, Super Mario Wonder, Prime Remastered, Super Mario RPG and more.

Well Fami, it's been a wonderful 2023. Bring on 2024 and all it brings, like an extra day, the Summer Olympics, and what I'm sure is going to be a nice and easy reelection campaign for Joe Biden.

TIL Fatal Frame 4 came out this year 😂😂😂

Time to pick that up later this week.

Hi, friends.

The first ST of the rest of your lives will go up at 5 PM Central Time.

I look forward to ringing in Our Year together soon!

I dreamt about Ninja Gaiden last night and now I feel the urge getting it on Switch even though I own the Xbox original both vanilla and Black and Sigma on the PS3. But the reviews have me worried.

It's past 12 midnight in Japan. Which means that for Nintendo, they are now living in the year of 2024.

c67b87d6880323f789b238c7ccaa800f13b2174e.jpg

Ok, this is an Atlus game. But ya know.

Happy new Year from Australia where we're 2 and a bit hours in, so far nothing wonderful has happened.
Here in America we will settle for nothing terrible happening for two minutes. How we looking on that front?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom