• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST26 November 2023| The Man Who Erased His Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make Christmas a week long holiday

Far better! December is always a busy month at my work

My company closes from Christmas to New Years. It's something they did when the company was first founded with just three people and even though it's about 100 now, they have kept it in place. Working for a small/medium sized company has its downsides but it also has its benefits.

Sorry to interrupt, but time will soon run out for you to give in 2023. Please, donate $3.

He's out. Movie was developed without him in mind because he announced that he might retire from acting.
Wait, source for this??? Last I heard was the writers saying they hoped to write a script good enough to convince him to return. Did they finally admit to leaving Robotnik out?

“lmao look at this angsty dude. look at this deviantart lookin’ bozo”
☝️☝️☝️

I got Level-5 brain now, seeing all the negative comments is understandable but also even more tiring than the delays themselves for me lol

Ah, my bad, it seems that I've misremembered and conflated his retirement with him being out of Sonic 3 proper. Sorry! Also sorry to @EvilChameleon
gkkIy7r.gif

I got Level-5 brain now, seeing all the negative comments is understandable but also even more tiring than the delays themselves for me lol
Some of the delays seem overly long, but all the games looked like exactly what I want from the respective series. And with the deluge of games in early 2024, delays might not be bad for the bottom line of the company

Some of the delays seem overly long, but all the games looked like exactly what I want from the respective series. And with the deluge of games in early 2024, delays might not be bad for the bottom line of the company
I haven't played nearly all of their games but I have played at least a little of all of their big franchises except Ni no Kuni.
They are easily one of my favourite publishers/devs, up there with Nintendo and Square (and more consistent than Square for me). I'm just happy they are making games for outside Japan again AND actually communicating.

So yeah, I agree lol I really like their games and it looks like I'll continue to do so, even if their release dates can't really be trusted rn

He announced his retirement around the release of Sonic 2 though.

I keep hearing that he's coming back for another film or for a sequel to The Batman.

It might be a "Quentin Tarantino situation" where he wants to retire but keeps changing his mind or something.

¯\(ツ)

Upcoming Arkham Switch release has me in a bit of a Batman mood so I’m watching most of the live action movies. I’m skipping West for now because I can’t find anywhere to stream the TV series, and I’d want to watch them together, and beforehand the only ones I’ve seen are 89 and the Nolan Trilogy.

I rewatched 89 last night and it was a lot sillier than I remembered (not a bad thing!) and I watched Returns today and it was even sillier.

I still find "Nat Geo" to be one of the most "how do you do, fellow kids?" things around and I don't think I'll ever get over it.

my steam deck was supposed to be delivered today. i was trying to check if the tracking had been updated and to do that i just click the tracking number on the email which is underneath four options:
1) deliver parcel to neighbour
2) deliver parcel to local post office
3) deliver parcel on friday 1st
4) deliver parcel on monday 4th

i accidentally clicked number 4. little did i know that once you click the option it automatically accepts this as your choice, without so much as a “you sure you wanna do that, bud?”

am i dumb, or is the email dumb? like why would that be an option directly on the email? then i pressed deliver to local post office, which hopefully means it’ll still get delivered tomorrow but at the post office.

my steam deck was supposed to be delivered today. i was trying to check if the tracking had been updated and to do that i just click the tracking number on the email which is underneath four options:
1) deliver parcel to neighbour
2) deliver parcel to local post office
3) deliver parcel on friday 1st
4) deliver parcel on monday 4th

i accidentally clicked number 4. little did i know that once you click the option it automatically accepts this as your choice, without so much as a “you sure you wanna do that, bud?”

am i dumb, or is the email dumb? like why would that be an option directly on the email? then i pressed deliver to local post office, which hopefully means it’ll still get delivered tomorrow but at the post office.
that does sound pretty dumb. Hope your steam deck arrives well and you have lots of fun with it! I really like mine

Upcoming Arkham Switch release has me in a bit of a Batman mood so I’m watching most of the live action movies. I’m skipping West for now because I can’t find anywhere to stream the TV series, and I’d want to watch them together, and beforehand the only ones I’ve seen are 89 and the Nolan Trilogy.

I rewatched 89 last night and it was a lot sillier than I remembered (not a bad thing!) and I watched Returns today and it was even sillier.
Ok I get the feeling I wasn’t supposed to like Batman Forever as much as I did

Tired and sore but day 2 of training is down(and it may have been extra long but eh I get paid for it). One more full day left… does end with a taco bar tho. Then I gotta decide if I’m signing up for ramp building day, which is brutal but has the perk of first tracks

Time for some anime and a chill game

Tired and sore but day 2 of training is down(and it may have been extra long but eh I get paid for it). One more full day left… does end with a taco bar tho. Then I gotta decide if I’m signing up for ramp building day, which is brutal but has the perk of first tracks

Time for some anime and a chill game
Yes, we all celebrate Kissinger's death in different ways.

Just spent the day at my old work with the former boss and coworkers (many of whom also haven't worked there for years), we all came back to help the boss clear the place out as after years of struggling it's now officially out of business. Ran for something like fifteen years but just couldn't keep it up after the 2017 tax reforms fucked us and most of the other small businesses we dealt with in our area. One by one everyone who spent the day helping out left to go home, till it was just me and the old boss in the empty building. We looked around and both went "...fuck." And I was the last one out the door in the end.

Doing art for a living is hard, yall.

People are always like "giant credit card" and "Batman has nipples" and I'm like, shut up, it's a comic book movie, are you expecting Gone With The Wind?
And that’s one of the more interesting things about Batman: versatility. You can have dead serious Batman and campy Batman and they both totally work.

I guess i can call myself lucky, the kids "inherited" my music taste and the Mrs. doesn't like most of the "played on loop on radio" christmas songs.

Very refreshing to have a home that's safe from Last Christmas and the likes.

Halfway done with my first Zeldatuber video and I have to wonder how many external drives the biggest Zeldatubers have. I have recorded, like, 1/3 of my required footage and my movie folder is sitting at 5GB already. Like, I imagine that a full-time video game-oriented content creator has to have full playthroughs sitting on a hard drive just in case they want to make a video out of it in the future.

I am FINALLY home after over a month in NYC and Tokyo. It's nice to be back. Even though the weather is just rainy the entire day. I've got an entire luggage of loot and some new games. But without clearing even a single backlog game when I'm out of town.... and in a way, that's fine. I don't have to play video games ALL the time.

I still need to get Cereza and the Lost Demon out of the system and after that... I kinda want to play Persona 5 Tactica, just to keep it within the same year I played both P5R and P5S. Assuming I can find it at a good price, of course.

And finally, just a bunch of plushies I got for myself during this trip.

49ea721aeaa802c0db69777eca1f3bebcb0005f2.jpg

I guess i can call myself lucky, the kids "inherited" my music taste and the Mrs. doesn't like most of the "played on loop on radio" christmas songs.

Yeah, i totally took my kids, put them on seats around a table and presented the media they're allowed to listen and watch. They're absolutely not allowed to pursue the music (and other media) they want to on their own decision. And of course, they're absolutely forbidden from listening to songs like Last Christmas.

(/s ... just to be sure)

Could we not make it look like my parenting skills are on the level of a The Onion article?

It's kinda ... insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom