• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST26 November 2023| The Man Who Erased His Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to hear it so now you do too

Why does that sound like..

Zb5w.gif

I've had the same microwave forever, the popcorn button always works, no matter the brand of popcorn. What has been failing more often recently though is the glue or whatever that keeps the opening closed. Sometimes only a little bit melts and then I have to break out a knife to open it fully.

Honestly I do not understand microwaved popcorn (or salted popcorn, for that matter). Popcorn's something to have during a movie, and when I'm watching a movie I don't want salty stuff or warm stuff. Just complicates things tbh.

Also was a really weird day when I realised that Americans put hot butter on their popcorn, then slather their hands with it in public as they eat it. To me the only hot butter I want is on a chip butty.

Honestly I do not understand microwaved popcorn (or salted popcorn, for that matter). Popcorn's something to have during a movie, and when I'm watching a movie I don't want salty stuff or warm stuff. Just complicates things tbh.

Also was a really weird day when I realised that Americans put hot butter on their popcorn, then slather their hands with it in public as they eat it. To me the only hot butter I want is on a chip butty.

Slathering each other in hot butter is how we American express our love and friendship for each. There's no purer form of expression. If you're on a date at the movies and both your greasy, oily hands touch in that soaking popcorn bag, you know they're the one.

I'm pretty sure you're never actually supposed to use the popcorn button.
begs the question

why is it there?

Slathering each other in hot butter is how we American express our love and friendship for each. There's no purer form of expression. If you're on a date at the movies and both your greasy, oily hands touch in that soaking popcorn bag, you know they're the one.
this is very gross but very accurate

It's very good, I swear.

My Minnesotan buddy even fills up a little container with butter so he can reup the hot butter in the middle layers of popcorn

Now I do it too

Interestingly, the Nintendo games nominated for the Game Awards have a little nomination banner on Amazon. I don’t see the same for Sony games so wonder if this is a strict Nintendo only advertising promotion.

why is it there?
I was actually curious about that before and read up about it. Basically, the ubiquity of the popcorn button is the microwave equivalent of lying on the job resumé.

On that note, I’m ambivalent towards popcorn and mostly eat it when other people around me want to. I’d rather have a sandwich for a movie, to be honest.

Well that’s Super Mario rpg down! Not sure what I’m focusing on now. Kinda in a mood to watch a show since I’m tired. Tho maybe a bit of ace angler to chill with

I did NOT realize booking the Pokemon Cafe in Japan would be this difficult, it's a minutes race before it's all sold out. Gotta try again tomorrow

Well, it's not even 11 am here and the day is officially done for me.

First, shitty FEH pulls. Like seriously shitty.
I could deal with that, and my mood would've gotten better after a funny video or something, but no it goes on.

Because after that, i got a message that a years-long friend from my social club passed away yesterday night.
Mind you, he was fighting cancer which was already metastatic, and i'm kinda ... glad ... that it didn't take long and that he didn't have to endure too much suffering .... but it still sucks.
I've been in that club since i was 16, so we knew each other for 23 years and even sat next to each other every week in the club meetings.

-_-

Well, it's not even 11 am here and the day is officially done for me.

First, shitty FEH pulls. Like seriously shitty.
I could deal with that, and my mood would've gotten better after a funny video or something, but no it goes on.

Because after that, i got a message that a years-long friend from my social club passed away yesterday night.
Mind you, he was fighting cancer which was already metastatic, and i'm kinda ... glad ... that it didn't take long and that he didn't have to endure too much suffering .... but it still sucks.
I've been in that club since i was 16, so we knew each other for 23 years and even sat next to each other every week in the club meetings.

-_-
Sorry for your loss friend. Cancer is a bitch. Fuck cancer!!!

I'm sorry for the spam but I actually got another track posted in Spotify (I swear I don't have any other ones coming soon). It's a metal medley of Final Fantasy Tactics:

Thanks to anyone who listens!

I'm sorry for the spam but I actually got another track posted in Spotify (I swear I don't have any other ones coming soon). It's a metal medley of Final Fantasy Tactics:

Thanks to anyone who listens!

Amazing!

Thank you for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom