• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST26 November 2023| The Man Who Erased His Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a new friend on holiday
ccomI4r.jpg
Nice Wallaby, needs high friendship to evolve into Kangaroo.

Haven't been back to Starfield and part of me thinks 30 hours with it is enough, while another part of me likes the way they set up new game plus. Thinking of doing a couple of indie games, cancel my GamePass sub, and then wait a few months and spend the money saved on Baldur's Gate 3.

I have no opinion on Starfield but this is so corny lmao
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our response to the reviews of Starfield.

We're sad to learn that you find our approach corny. We think responding to our customers to let them know that they're actually wrong about our game is an innovative approach in the industry, one that will hopefully deter customers from leaving negative reviews in the future. As Lao Tzu said : "respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment".

Never stop posting!

Bethesda Customer Support

I wonder which higher up got the idea to tell their team to do “damage control” even though around 70% of the Steam reviews were, in fact, positive. Do they seriously think they’re going to change minds here?
It's such a weird and completely unproductive use of company time. And now that people know about it it's only going to get worse.
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our response to the reviews of Starfield.

We're sad to learn that you find our approach corny. We think responding to our customers to let them know that they're actually wrong about our game is an innovative approach in the industry, one that will hopefully deter customers from leaving negative reviews in the future. As Lao Tzu said : "respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment".

Never stop posting!

this is perfect lmao

Well it’s training time today through Thursday, wish me luck. Hopefully my only full length days this season(tho… well I might say yes to some full days on the weekend in the secluded peak day only lifts. Time will tell)

Oh no, mod team has been infiltrated by Bethesda Support.
Greetings!

Thank you for leaving your opinion on Bethesda Customer Support infiltrating the Famiboards Mod Team.

While we understand your initial frustration with the matter at hand, let us explain our reasoning in the words of Walter Scott: "O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!"

Never stop posting!

Greetings!

Thank you for leaving your opinion on Bethesda Customer Support infiltrating the Famiboards Mod Team.

While we understand your initial frustration with the matter at hand, let us explain our reasoning in the words of Walter Scott: "O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!"

Never stop posting!

Nice try Phil, still not getting a Xbox, though.

I know Twilight Princess isn't the most beloved game in the series, but it offers the best atmosphere in the series for me. It often feels like a Team Ico game, pretty funny when you know that SotC was released only a year before TP.

This intro always gives me goosebumps.

I have no opinion on Starfield but this is so corny lmao
As a big Bethesda Defender and Bethesda Game Enjoyer

starfield was boring as heck and this is hilarious. “Actually our game is good” lol shut up!!! I had more fun reading these wack responses than playing your boring game, Bethesda!

Games are so bad, i didn't get any game from this years BF sales, i got myself a Dyson vacuum cleaner.

It probably sucks less than Starfield lmao

I tried cleaning the floor with it. Didn't work.

So the Dyson has to do the job.
Starfield is used to most surfaces being already completely devoid of anything interesting so it probably thought “no need to vacuum, there’s nothing here”

Starfield is used to most surfaces being already completely devoid of anything interesting so it probably thought “no need to vacuum, there’s nothing here”

"The dust on the floor being more interesting than Starfield" is an advanced expert level burn, even as a master burn talker i am impressed!

Mario has an original holiday-themed render while Link is just TotK art slapped onto a Christmas background lol.

Then again Link’s relatives might be pains in the neck so him preparing for the holidays like he’s gearing up for battle is perfectly understandable

What if the Link art was always holiday themed and then Nintendo decided to make any entire game based on it?

"The dust on the floor being more interesting than Starfield" is an advanced expert level burn, even as a master burn talker i am impressed!
Speaking to a real life friend and fellow Bethesda Game Enjoyer recently I said “I think I’d rather do my taxes and end up owing money than play one more hour of Starfield.”

Speaking to a real life friend and fellow Bethesda Game Enjoyer recently I said “I think I’d rather do my taxes and end up owing money than play one more hour of Starfield.”
Not sure I've ever seen such a scathing condemnation of a game, goodness.

What if the Link art was always holiday themed and then Nintendo decided to make any entire game based on it?
You mean we get an entire game based around Link hunting and gathering ingredients to prepare for Christmas dinner? I’m sold.

Greetings!

We would like to inform you that you can, in fact, do your taxes and owe money in Starfield. It’s one of the many, many gameplay possibilities housed within the vast Starfield universe. Try creating a new character with different stats and skills, try accepting different questlines. Those financial statements are out there waiting for you to find them.

Never stop posting!

I know Twilight Princess isn't the most beloved game in the series, but it offers the best atmosphere in the series for me. It often feels like a Team Ico game, pretty funny when you know that SotC was released only a year before TP.

This intro always gives me goosebumps.

I listened to some Youtuber a few years back talk about how Twilight Princess is their favorite game and recalls getting it and a Wii for Christmas as a kid which made me feel old because the Wii came out my senior year of high school but it also made me realize that Twilight Princess is another generation's "Ocarina of Time". For them, Twilight Princess was their very first big adventure game and stepping out into Hyrule Field and swinging the sword with the Wiimote gave them the same feelings my generation felt while stepping out into Hyrule Field and doing 3D battles in Ocarina of Time.

God. DAMN.

Not sure I've ever seen such a scathing condemnation of a game, goodness.

The worst part is that it’s not even fun bad. It’s just boring. It clearly had a lot of money and time thrown into it without once ever thinking “yeah but is it going to surprise and delight the player?” It’s a gold-plated Swiss watch. It clearly cost a lot of money, time and technical expertise to produce but doesn’t do one single interesting thing. I’m sure someone out there likes it, but for me it is the antithesis of what I want out of video games as a medium.

I know Twilight Princess isn't the most beloved game in the series, but it offers the best atmosphere in the series for me.
there’s definitely some stuff it does well, and I did enjoy it on the Gamecube back in the day

but… there are some uh… definitely a couple really poor choices in minor character portrayal

not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole

but I will say I’ve always loved the “injured Midna” piano theme

Imagine if Nintendo had the ability to write user reviews on Wii U and 3DS instead of just the star system. Could have gotten some great Mii Verse threads going where NOA employees are arguing how sticker star actually has deep RPG mechanics or that Amiibo Festival is better if you buy the proper Amiibo. Would have loved to see it.

how many Nintendo games are you supposed to buy before you become a Nintendo shareholder again? I've been at it for 30+ years but haven't gotten my first share yet

how many Nintendo games are you supposed to buy before you become a Nintendo shareholder again? I've been at it for 30+ years but haven't gotten my first share yet
Same here. I'm an only child so I didn't really have the lessons in sharing that others got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom