• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion | ST24 September 2023 | Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up on the crossword talk of the past couple of days: Today’s NYT Puzzle has a clue that says “Zippo alternative,” but Nate the Hate doesn’t fit. Neither does Pyoro! Any ideas?
Look up some of those banned member names from the other week.

pai-mei-kill-bill.gif

No refunds.
How do you like your fishheads?

WHY WON'T THIS DIE ALREADY?!
I don't even know what they're doing this for. They legally won't be able to stop the merger even if their new case miraculously succeeds.

IT'S CASTLEVANIA NOCTURNE RELEASE DAY!
Oh that's today? Nice, something to watch.

We don’t know that GTAVI has single player, do we? I’m not holding my breath.
Wasn’t the leaked stuff all single player? Obviously it will have GTA online as the biggest component but this is definitely going to have a robust single player. Hopefully they decouple their downloads though because it’s going to be a bloated mess in the storage sense.

I don't even know what they're doing this for. They legally won't be able to stop the merger even if their new case miraculously succeeds.

Oh that's today? Nice, something to watch.
Sounds like it’s an appeal. Doubt they win because the court likely just defers to the previous ruling, but who knows. I suppose if they won there would need to be some sort of decoupling and offloading of parts of the company.

So I'm waiting on an eShop sale for Persona 5 Royal. I was using DekuDeals to keep an eye out, looks like I might have to wait until November for another sale to happen.

I have it on PS4 (running on PS5) but I really would prefer playing it portably lol.

I actually posted about this in a different thread and totally forgot to post pics:

I got some games signed by Charles Martinet, coincidentally the day after the video of him and Miyamoto came out! Just wanted to share some pics.

kBIsNig.png
NYih7iW.png

The man was absolutely delightful! I meant to ask him which of his old movies he liked working on the most, but the line behind was getting bigger and bigger and I didn't want to take up too much of his time. He gladly fulfilled my request to sign WarioWare Gold as Wario while doing his voice and making ridiculous Wario noises, haha.

I chose Paper Mario because it's my all-time favourite game (yes I know he doesn't actually have a voice in it) and one of the very few N64 games I had a cart of, and I chose WarioWare Gold because it's probably my favourite of his voice performances as any of the main Mario characters. :)

Ah, the long awaited fall of GaaS, it's finally here.

Yeah it sucks for the devs, but GaaS has become a cancer in the gaming world and it needed to be removed. I'm kinda happy that it's slowly going away.

Creative Assembly has Total War Pharaoh anyway, will make them much more money HYENAS ever could.
I may be missing something, but to me some companies going all-in on GaaS games never made a lot of sense. You can sell a lot of strategy games to a strategy games player, you can sell a lot of RPGs to an RPG player, but you can't sell a lot of GaaS games to a GaaS player. Some companies in the last years literally went "We want the Fortnite audience!" and I'm like "But the Fortnite audience is playing Fortnite!"

For those interested, Fate/Samurai Remnant is getting pretty good reviews!

I'm a Fate fan but still not sure about the battle gameplay, will be waiting for others to play first to see if I want it.

I did one! I was actually thinking of making a thread for it but then I realized it's basically a list thread so I decided against it.
Is this thing just organizing images in a grid? It seems like it would be a more elaborate list thread with (somehow) less substance, so good call lol.

Funnily enough, the only current platform those games are easily accessible on, apart from PC, is - checks notes - Xbox.

Who knows if Square will ever feel compelled to re-release them.
yeah I wanted to replay them thanks to the Gamepass but it seems that they all left the service months ago. And buying the trilogy on Xbox will cost more than a re-release by Square. I'd do anything for a physical version on Switch or PS5, this is probably my favorite video game trilogy of all time.

I do wonder if the Kinnikuman anime will try to get Akira Kushida back for one more ride, for making the new OP, he is still a bit active. Since he did 3 of the OP’s for the original show and some movie stuff you’d think he’d probably be on the shortlist like Jam Project for Getter XD. Guess we’ll probably find out when a PV and some pressers drop

For those that don’t know, he did all of these too
IMG_7314.png

I’d imagine he’s semi retired at this point but he’s still putting out random collabs and remix’s
So I'm waiting on an eShop sale for Persona 5 Royal. I was using DekuDeals to keep an eye out, looks like I might have to wait until November for another sale to happen.

I have it on PS4 (running on PS5) but I really would prefer playing it portably lol.
I grabbed it physically on a $20 deal last year… Cept I’m playing P3P first and maybe 4. Yet I also grabbed P5S
For those interested, Fate/Samurai Remnant is getting pretty good reviews!

I'm a Fate fan but still not sure about the battle gameplay, will be waiting for others to play first to see if I want it.

Interested but waiting for a sale. Planning to watch zero soon tho. Maybe give the new web version of Tsukihime a try

yeah I wanted to replay them thanks to the Gamepass but it seems that they all left the service months ago. And buying the trilogy on Xbox will cost more than a re-release by Square. I'd do anything for a physical version on Switch or PS5, this is probably my favorite video game trilogy of all time.
Yeah, they never seem to go on sale, either. XIII is 16€. XIII-2 and LR are 20 and 25€ respectively, for a total of 61€. I don't really see Square asking less for a re-release, though. Not after they already put a 50€ price tag on X/X-2 HD and XII.

I still hope they port them to Switch/Succ one day, because portability is nice.

Planning to watch zero soon tho.
Zero is probably the best entry point into the franchise, yeah.

Is this thing just organizing images in a grid?
It's basically a bigger 3x3, if anyone remembers those.

Some companies in the last years literally went "We want the Fortnite audience!" and I'm like "But the Fortnite audience is playing Fortnite!"
That's why we're seeing a bunch of short-sighted, short-lived GaaS projects. If you want to break your way into the field, you need to have a selling point. You can't just be Fortnite 2.0. Like for example I think a monster tamer GaaS would do quite well.

Nobody here done the Topsters yet?

View attachment 1511
This kind of thing is dangerous for my brain 😂 I did one for albums and I could only do it by limiting myself to one album per band and it has to be an album I like start to finish (or most of it at least), so there are some albums that don't necessarily have my favourite song on it. And now I have a headache 🤣

I did one! I was actually thinking of making a thread for it but then I realized it's basically a list thread so I decided against it.

F6tz5iYXgAAoFCp
Have you gotten around to trying Ouendan/2 at all? Those are dope too. I used to play EBA + those two nearly every day on the bus ride home from school, and whenever I hear those songs outside of that context now all I can hear are the bubble popping and whistle noises, haha.

Have you gotten around to trying Ouendan/2 at all? Those are dope too. I used to play EBA + those two nearly every day on the bus ride home from school, and whenever I hear those songs outside of that context now all I can hear are the bubble popping and whistle noises, haha.
Yeah, I’ve played all 3 in that “series.” I still think EBA is my favourite of the bunch, but maybe it’s because it was the first one I played.

Yeah, I’ve played all 3 in that “series.” I still think EBA is my favourite of the bunch, but maybe it’s because it was the first one I played.
That's totally fair! I feel like they got progressively better as they went along, but EBA and Ouendan 2 are quite close in quality. Ouendan 1's just a biiiit too crufty, I think.

Since people are posting their Topsters.

Just did one for games quickly, tried to stay away from nostalgia and focus more on games that I've played relatively recently and that I know I still think are excellent.

7EKMoRy.png

Also did one for anime cause why not. Smaller list though cause I really haven't watched much anime in general.

1Io3K6v.png

I'm not gonna make a Eurogamer account just to like one comment, however Toothberry.Incognito I believe deserves recognition (alongsize MenageZero for calling out the populist nonsense in her tweet):

The fact that this C-suite type can't restrain herself from an arrogant sneer/flex like that should definitely influence the outcome of this case as a whole, not to mention the opinions of the hobbyists posting here, but I get that Company Defence Force partisans have their entrenched positions.

Let me be perfectly clear: this is an executive with a monopolist corporation, under investigation by government, indirectly but quite effectively boasting about her corporate tribe's overwhelming monetary power... against the resources of the people of a democratic state. The one she lives in. In an anti-trust proceeding...

To my mind, this is Adam Orth-/Don Mattrick-level arrogance and cluelessness. This corporation has developed a well-deserved reputation for such toxic viewpoints, and not just in the gaming arena. If that's her attitude, and the corporation's attitude, toward people with enough power to actually block the deal, I don't want to know their attitudes toward their customers (... well, OK, we already do). I at least will never be one of them.

Here's mine, I guess:

chart.png

For being such a Nintendo fan, I'm surprised by myself with how 'few' Nintendo games are actually on here. I guess for me a lot of Nintendo games fall under the umbrella of "very very fun, but not all-time great," experiences.

(I know I chickened out and didn't choose a single Yakuza game... but come on, it's like asking a parent to choose their favourite kid)

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Please excuse me while I gush endlessly over Twinings Chai Apple Spice black tea. This has easily become my favorite. Holy smokes.

That ALJ administrivia complaint that the ftc changed a while ago is just a suggestion and to actually divest MS of ABK would mean going into federal court and the higher burden of proof is on the ftc and the previous court battle was just to get a Preliminary Injuction which has a lower burden of proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom