• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am working on the Pokemon Legends: Arceus ST for January, and I am pretty new to photoshop, but I was able to cobble this together in a couple of days, and I wanted to know what you guys think?

615214_72c67e9239a14936a4a75c1d95ebeefb~mv2.png

EDIT: Thank you for the feedback!

Last edited:
Just stopping by to say NEW ST HYPE

Also, Succession season 3 has been crushing it so far, Squid Game is pretty compelling 4 episodes in, and Curb Your Enthusiasm season 11 has been very spotty after these first 2 episodes.

Looking forward to catching Last Night in Soho and No Time to Die in the next week or two.

Soho was really good.

I'm still trying to process No Time to Die though

So, I am working on the Pokemon Legends: Arceus ST for January, and I am pretty new to photoshop, but I was able to cobble this together in a couple of days, and I wanted to know what you guys think?
the font is a bit...hard to read or too bright? otherwise like the info on it.

Soho was really good.

I'm still trying to process No Time to Die though
No Time to Die was decent, but required too much homework for a James Bond movie

Halloween Kills was awful, worst movie I've seen in quite a while (and I thought Halloween 2018 was pretty good!)

No Time to Die was decent, but required too much homework for a James Bond movie

Halloween Kills was awful, worst movie I've seen in quite a while (and I thought Halloween 2018 was pretty good!)
2018 Halloween was excellent. Kills was all over the place really. I saw what they were trying to do with that film, it just didn't stick the landing. The last part was good but it really just set up
a showdown in the next film between Ally and Michael where I'm sure Jamie Lee Curtis will sacrifice herself for what she thinks will end Michael.

Should I finally work towards attempting the super boss in Octopath Traveler because that's something I never did since it seemed to be incredibly grindy and tedious at the time but now I am kind of thinking about doing it anyway, y/n.
not here to answer your question at all

just here to say I realized your profile pic Ancient Mew’s top and bottom white borders look like the classic meme format

มิว มิว เมียจ๋า

BOTTOM TEXT

not here to answer your question at all

just here to say I realized your profile pic Ancient Mew’s top and bottom white borders look like the classic meme format

มิว มิว เมียจ๋า

BOTTOM TEXT
I… What now? I just drew some gibberish because I had too much empty space at the top and bottom.

I watched during the weekend

"The Irishman"
-Fantastic film, would've been better if we got it when the leads were young enough to do without the de-aging lol

Zodiac
- great Film, More CG then I expected

Pokemon: I Choose you
-I thought it was awful

While we're talking about movies, we watched Spirited Away again last night. Such a fantastic film, and Chihiro double-fisting snacks while crying after her first day of work is super relatable.

2018 Halloween was excellent. Kills was all over the place really. I saw what they were trying to do with that film, it just didn't stick the landing. The last part was good but it really just set up
a showdown in the next film between Ally and Michael where I'm sure Jamie Lee Curtis will sacrifice herself for what she thinks will end Michael.
I thought the whole thing was pretty ill-conceived.
Stop doing the "starts immediately after the previous entry" thing. It inevitably means the "main characters" get sidelined (did this movie even have a protagonist? Was it Michael?) because they need to recover somewhat from the previous movie. Also, stop trying to explain everything! We didn't need an explanation for how he escaped the fire, and we sure as hell didn't need to see him go John Wick on a bunch of firefighters in the process.
Anyway I could go on but I'll stop now lol

Okay let's pretend I'm really really old and out of touch, what exactly is an NFT? Is it really just an object that has like a code embedded in it that unlocks some kind of digital content?
You know how there's places that will sell you a certificate that says you own a star? It's like that except the certificate is digital and on a blockchain so it's trendy.

Last edited:
If we're talking about films, might I redirect you all towards this thread?

Would be great if we could get some more activity in there ❤️.

I guess without realizing it alongside playing tons of mario party and getting through area 1 and 2 of samus returns i also managed to watch 5 movies this weekend???

Men In Black - i have watched this several times before and I still love it
Day of the Dead - Kinda hated it, don’t like zombie movies but still tried to at least give a few a fair shake but they’re not for me .
My Neighbor Totoro- Still a wholesome movie that’s kinda “random” with relatively low stakes , still enjoyed it a good bit
Cabin in the Woods - This is pretty great imo , a real love letter to the horror genre with some really fantastic scenes .
Addam’s Family Values - The 1990s addam’s family movie series is just a treasure , as a friend said it’s funny how much the real ultimate thing that makes this family “weird” is their unconditional love for each other and their acceptance of those outside the usual norms of society , but also they’re just awesome goths.

Also speaking of mario party , superstars is all around fantastic , they nailed a lot of aspects of it , it’s great trolling people with stickers , the online works great to me , all i really want with this now is lots of dlc but I still don’t have my hopes up .

I'm a day late and a dollar short, but what a wonderful new thread! New month, new smells, so many new games to ingnore...

LE.GODD is real!
LEGODD.png

I couldn't believe it either lol

I guess without realizing it alongside playing tons of mario party and getting through area 1 and 2 of samus returns i also managed to watch 5 movies this weekend???

Men In Black - i have watched this several times before and I still love it
Day of the Dead - Kinda hated it, don’t like zombie movies but still tried to at least give a few a fair shake but they’re not for me .
My Neighbor Totoro- Still a wholesome movie that’s kinda “random” with relatively low stakes , still enjoyed it a good bit
Cabin in the Woods - This is pretty great imo , a real love letter to the horror genre with some really fantastic scenes .
Addam’s Family Values - The 1990s addam’s family movie series is just a treasure , as a friend said it’s funny how much the real ultimate thing that makes this family “weird” is their unconditional love for each other and their acceptance of those outside the usual norms of society , but also they’re just awesome goths.

Also speaking of mario party , superstars is all around fantastic , they nailed a lot of aspects of it , it’s great trolling people with stickers , the online works great to me , all i really want with this now is lots of dlc but I still don’t have my hopes up .
More boards for Superstars were datamined, but we don't know if those are planned for DLC or if they're just development test boards. Hopefully the former.

Quoted by: GJ
More boards for Superstars were datamined, but we don't know if those are planned for DLC or if they're just development test boards. Hopefully the former.

To be more accurate: empty files where more boards could go were datamined. Question is if they're actually gonna use them. But the fact that this Mario Party shows a version number at the title screen, which often happens on titles that Nintendo intends to update, is a good sign.

I… What now? I just drew some gibberish because I had too much empty space at the top and bottom.
oh shit you made this? it looks super sick I wasn’t trying to dunk on it at all, I love it

just when it was thumbnail size on my small phone and I didn’t have my glasses on, for two seconds I thought it was something like this:

bKsQNIg.jpg

also the original Thai I used was supposed to say “Mew Mew Motherfucker” but Google Translate puts on a fedora when translating it back

but it looks sick, you did a great job, I was just making a joke about my own bleary-eyed confusion!

Two weeks away before SMT V! I am excited. Although, I am having second thoughts about the Premium Edition I pre-ordered. I just want the Demon Handbook, and not sure if I want to pay 120 bucks just for that. May cancel. Undecided.

oh shit you made this? it looks super sick I wasn’t trying to dunk on it at all, I love it

just when it was thumbnail size on my small phone and I didn’t have my glasses on, for two seconds I thought it was something like this:

bKsQNIg.jpg

also the original Thai I used was supposed to say “Mew Mew Motherfucker” but Google Translate puts on a fedora when translating it back

but it looks sick, you did a great job, I was just making a joke about my own bleary-eyed confusion!
Oh shit, now I get what you mean. 🤣 Don't worry, it's not that your comment did not sit right with me, I just had no idea what you were talking about.

I was so confused because I had no idea what มิว มิว เมียจ๋า was supposed to mean, and how it made a meme format when put together with some bottom text.

It's 6 PM and has already been dark outside for more than half an hour, so I blame my monumental brain fart on that. Lmao!

Huh, there's a secret ending for the Age of Calamity DLC. A certain character says they must do something but then it's left open ended as to what they are doing. So it's either

1. More DLC is coming
2. There is going to be a sequel to AoC
3. Or ties into BOTW 2

Or it could turn out to be nothing. But considering that AoC already had a definitive ending, it would seem odd to start hinting at other stuff in the DLC.

Could a native version of Dying Light 2.. be coming later? Or is there a reason they would label those differently..

After the fantastic job they did with the Dying Light 1 port, I wouldn't be surprised if early reception was so good they decided to start development on a native version of DL2. Maybe allowing cross saves and discounts for those who bought the cloud version.

My avatar has been blessed by @Suswave and I'd be stupid to not use it for the rest of the week.

So we get SMTV reviews and financials on Thursday? Not a bad way to start the month. Although it is a shame we won’t get October results with it, waiting until February for those is going to be a long time
Sometimes we get sell through figures for up until a couple of days before the earnings release.
For example, we got both the shipments number for Super Mario Odyssey until Dec 31 2017(9m) and the sell through up until late Jan 2018(7.5m). In that same vein, we got the shipments for Animal Crossing New Horizons until March 31st(11m+) and sell through until late April(13m+).
It's not off cards to expect a sell through of Metroid Dread.

Huh, there's a secret ending for the Age of Calamity DLC. A certain character says they must do something but then it's left open ended as to what they are doing. So it's either

1. More DLC is coming
3. Or ties into BOTW 2

Or it could turn out to be nothing. But considering that AoC already had a definitive ending, it would seem odd to start hinting at other stuff in the DLC.
0.o

Looks like I'm playing the DLC tonight.

Movies I watched this past friday/weekend that you should at some point:

the new Dune - I thought it was really cool. Definitely a part one with a lot of lore to absorb, but it made me want more.
Return of the Living Dead - Cheesy, creepy, disgusting, funny, well paced, and sorta deep actually? Like no one ever asks how zombie is feeling...
Return to OZ - Kid friendly atmospheric halloween movie no one ever talks about. with 80s Jim Henson special effects ya'll.

Maybe watch if bored:

Dreamcatcher - This was two and a half hours of just about every Stephen King trope you can possibly think of. So take that as you will. Also includes comically evil Morgan Freeman.

Don't do this to yourselves, be kind to yourselves, love yourselves:

Death Ship - it is so boring and uninteresting. As for the synopsis' promise of a haunted nazi ship lurking the seas? Whatever you've just imagined is leagues more exciting and spooky than this is. Doesn't even do low budget cheese right.

0.o

Looks like I'm playing the DLC tonight.

Just a heads up, it's a secret ending and I think you have to clear all of the side objectives to get it. I completed all of the DLC story missions and I haven't gotten the ending. Most of the ending just feels like a feel good farewell to AoC but the last 30 seconds feels like a tease for something and based on the characters present, it does seem like it takes place after the main story of AoC.

Oh shit, now I get what you mean. 🤣 Don't worry, it's not that your comment did not sit right with me, I just had no idea what you were talking about.

I was so confused because I had no idea what มิว มิว เมียจ๋า was supposed to mean, and how it made a meme format when put together with some bottom text.

It's 6 PM and has already been dark outside for more than half an hour, so I blame my monumental brain fart on that. Lmao!
hahahaha

to be fair, this is me we’re talking about, I don’t think you’re to blame for the convoluted things I find funny and subsequently don’t explain well!

1. More DLC is coming
3. Or ties into BOTW 2

I haven't finished everything yet, but if it's the cutscene I'm thinking of, I kinda doubt it's hinting at anything.

Do you guys think Nintendo might have a direct later this year or do you we have to wait for January? I couldve sowrn they had some November-December directs

Game Awards (maybe) and an indie presentation for the rest of the year. Pokemon Presents in January. General Direct anytime between January and March. Those are my guesses.

Hi, yeah still plan on doing them, they just got a little delayed because I got extremely sick last week. Sorry about that!!

Aiming to have it up by Thursday~

Ok, wish you the best in health....hope you're feeling better. Post it whenever you're able.

Great DT @Derachi !!!

Can some insider throw a little hint to bless the new thread first day pls 😭
I have it on good authority that [video game you like] that was previously exclusive to a rivalling platform will be released in 2022/2023 on Switch

Bookmark this post

Who else wanna play Alan Wake on the Nintendo Switch family of system ? That game would look GREAT on the Oled.
Still have no idea how it wasn't already announced if it's coming at all. Like I'd at least respect Remedy more if they had to announce it was delayed beyond the other platforms, but I'm not sure how successful they plan on being with banking on double dippers. Right now I'm simply more inclined to delay my purchase until it's on my preferred platform of choice.

Do you guys think Nintendo might have a direct later this year or do you we have to wait for January? I couldve sowrn they had some November-December directs
It's been a while since we've had general Directs in November and December. Hasn't really happened in the Switch era IIRC.
So uh... this raises an additional question. What is a blockchain?
A pretty massively overhyped data structure which is sort of a distributed, write-only database that records transactions. The important thing to know about them is that they're the underlying technology upon which cryptocurrencies are built and they're generally not super useful for anything outside of that aside from some highly specific use cases where trust is low (and even that is debatable).

Also @Derachi can you please tell me what the font was for the SMT poster you edited on the ST.

Did you use the match font tool to find it on Photoshop?

I'm seriously gonna laugh my ass off if Dying Light 2 gets a native port before Kingdom Hearts does.

So my "joycon disconnecting" problems in handheld mode are getting far more frequent nowadays, are there any good known fixes to it?
A pretty massively overhyped data structure which is sort of a distributed, write-only database that records transactions. The important thing to know about them is that they're the underlying technology upon which cryptocurrencies are built and they're generally not super useful for anything outside of that aside from some highly specific use cases where trust is low (and even that is debatable).

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure it's a chain chomp.

But seriously, thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom