• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't care about quality but I just can't see shit on videos in portrait. It's extremely painless to just turn the phone to watch something.

That's just me I guess.
I hate turning my phone sideways. Basically I just want to use one hand.

If something forces me into Sideway view. I don’t bother lol

On the flip side (pun very much intended) there's my dad who refuses to use his phone in portrait and has it turned sideways no matter what he's doing. A lot of modern banner ads that pin to the top and follow your scrolling end up covering almost the entirety of his screen and he gets mad when he has to turn his phone to portrait to make those pages visible. 🤣

Imma be honest

I disabled user signature on the forum in the settings, they are all cringe.
Courage is the Magic that turns dreams into reality
It takes Courage to leave sigs enabled.

Half the time I have it sideways is when I put on Netflix or something while I'm busy washing dishes, the phone just sits on the counter so it's not like I need to hold it that way.

Plot twist.

Mitsuda’s game he’s been working on is Chrono Cross remake/remaster/something. No Xenoblade return.
fetchimage

seriously though as long as ACE+ are still involved I'd be kinda okay with this. I read an interview where Mitsuda said covering both composing and producing duties for XB2 was too much and that he doesn't want to do that again, so I could see maybe Shimomura coming back to fill that void, ACE+ obviously still being a major part, and then Mitsuda's Procyon Studio producing (with Mitsuda himself providing a guest track for the beginning or ending).
If Mitsuda left Xeno for literally any other game I'd be pissed, but Mitsuda+Chrono must take priority. It's a sacred combination.

Xenoblade X is the only game I’ve played where there’s a bunch of good tracks and a bunch of terrible tracks.

Nothing in between.
That’s kind of how I feel, too. There ARE some good tracks, but also a lot of really mediocre-to-annoying ones.

Also the sound mixing and implementation of the music tracks is REALLY bad (mostly in cutscenes)

That’s kind of how I feel, too. There ARE some good tracks, but also a lot of really mediocre-to-annoying ones.

Also the sound mixing and implementation of the music tracks is REALLY bad (mostly in cutscenes)
Xenoblade 1 is the only game in the series where I found the sound mixing good.

X was really bad.
And 2 was almost as bad. Don’t know what happened, but I feel it could’ve been timing wasn’t on their side. I think Xeno 3 will be much better, Nintendo had to have give them more time and support.

Hopfully.

Xenoblade X is the only game I’ve played where there’s a bunch of good tracks and a bunch of terrible tracks.

Nothing in between.
X's music is at least always memorable. I love the music for Primordia, Noctilum, and Sylvalum. And the unique monster theme goddamn rocks. I like the skell flight theme as well, although I wish it wouldn't start and stop so suddenly. But the NLA theme is hilariously bad and the main battle theme, I literally try to race to finish a fight before the lyrics start. Ugh.

Xenoblade 1 is the only game in the series where I found the sound mixing good.

X was really bad.
And 2 was almost as bad. Don’t know what happened, but I feel it could’ve been timing wasn’t on their side. I think Xeno 3 will be much better, Nintendo had to have give them more time and support.

Hopfully.
Xenoblade 2 is the only game where I've seen people put recommendations online for how to set the volume mixing sliders so you can actually hear things.

Thank you for sharing, for this is very wholesome and heartwarming! And congrats. I hope things continue to go well for the two of you.

From one autist to another I just want to wish the both of you the best of luck 😊 I met my partner thanks to games as well, Mario Kart in fact!
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the thoughts.

Can I just say I really love how welcoming and wholesome this community is in general, I haven't been here long but I already feel very comfortable here. :) You folks are awesome.

Last edited:
Unironically I love the entire music score of Xenoblade X, and way more than the soundtracks of 1 and 2.

Also stop mentioning the worst line in DotNW and videogames in general.

Unironically I love the entire music score of Xenoblade X, and way more than the soundtracks of 1 and 2.

Also stop mentioning the worst line in DotNW and videogames in general.
The Legend of Zelda: Dreath of the NorthWild

Here’s my personal opinion on this particular game.

The only good thing about Chrono Cross is the soundtrack.
You're crazy(no heat).
Cross is bar none aside from maybe Star Ocean 2, Bof4 or Valkyrie Profile, the best jrpg of that generation.
Art, music, game design...>> everyone else.

Even the story is dope. If Sqx is not remaking it with at least Switch level graphics, I'd really rather they just not.
It'd still be better than anything Xeno we've ever gotten, and that includes Saga.

No heat tho

Nintendo Switch exclusive Chrono Break would make a good showing.

Technically Hollow Knight has a sad dad in it so it should still be the correct crowd.

I'd legit buy 10 copies of a Switch exclusive Chrono Break. Plus an 11th special edition copy. Don't give me hope

Can you believe it that after the shitstorm SSHD ended up being the best high profile remaster of the year by virtue of simply not being an utter turd (Sonic, GTA) or incredibly buggy (BDSP)?

Somehow in 2021 releasing an old game and not making it worse than the original was super hard.

Can you believe it that after the shitstorm SSHD ended up being the best high profile remaster of the year by virtue of simply not being an utter turd (Sonic, GTA) or incredibly buggy (BDSP)?

Somehow in 2021 releasing an old game and not making it worse than the original was super hard.
Sonic and GTA were both overlaid onto a new engine (and rushed). DPr was rushed, but not completely terrible. it seems Zelda was a comparatively simple job

Downloaded SP earlier. Excited to start it!

As much as I love Turtwig I might have to go with Chimchar. I’ve never used it and a fire type seems like it would come in handy.

Downloaded SP earlier. Excited to start it!

As much as I love Turtwig I might have to go with Chimchar. I’ve never used it and a fire type seems like it would come in handy.
If it helps, if you go into the Grand Underground, you can get both Houndoom and Magby in SP, so you're not just limited to Chimchar or Ponyta!

If it helps, if you go into the Grand Underground, you can get both Houndoom and Magby in SP, so you're not just limited to Chimchar or Ponyta!
Really? Awesome! I can stick with my precious Turtwig. Not only is it adorable, but Torterra is one of the best final evolutions in the entire series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom