• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Fibroscan date to check my liver. Both my doctor and Gastroenterology physician don't believe its anything serious are mainly just doing this considering my billirubin is slightly up (Thanks Gallstone) and my Father's history with almost having liver failure. Doubt it'll be anything serious, but better to be safe than sorry.

In game news, Pokemon ain't being delivered until Tuesday :mad::mad::mad:

SMT more like SMH why is this game not in the top 5

Edit: This question is rhetorical before someone gives me a serious analysis as to why the post-apocalyptic deicide simulator isn't as popular as Pokemon

Eshop Top 5 Best Sellers

1. Remake of Pokemon game from 2006
2. Remake of Pokemon game from 2006
3. Collection of boards and minigames from first three Mario Party games from the 90s
4. HD "remasters" of three GTA games from 2001 to 2004
5. HD port of a Star War RPG from 2003
Can’t get angry at this list because the direction this industry has taken is utterly unappealing to me outside of what Nintendo and some choice third parties (and indies) are offering.

Edit: This question is rhetorical before someone gives me a serious analysis as to why the post-apocalyptic deicide simulator isn't as popular as Pokemon

It is at #7 when I checked. Given that Pokemon is taking up 3 spots, if they were combined into one, SMT V would still be in the top 5.

Fuck it I'm going to do it anyway. Smt is less popular than persona which Is already a niche rpg series to begin with also making it more niche is that its only on switch + people could be waiting for the pc port. Also the last smt mainline game was years ago and only on 3ds making it even more hard to play the old releases so not many know about the series or how to get into it.

Eshop Top 5 Best Sellers

3. Collection of boards and minigames from first three Mario Party games from the 90s

Outside of the GTA remasters being fucked, I don't see anything wrong with this. People like to revisit entertainment that they have fond memories of. And in an industry that currently does next to jack shit to have legacy games readily available to play on modern systems, I essentially welcome it.

GTA3 Trilogy and KotoR never appeared on a Nintendo platform. The games are new for a lot of people. It's a shame GTA is such a subpar effort.
I can't imagine people only having a Nintendo platform for whole generations. Like nes, snes n64 was probably fine. But how do you go all generation on just a wii or wii u, you would be missing so much games

Not enough people have played Pokémon Colosseum.

I mean. Listen to this Soundtrack.

Where’s Miror B.? I don’t like that song 🤷🏽‍♀️
Ludicolo is cool tho 🤗

GTA3 Trilogy and KotoR never appeared on a Nintendo platform. The games are new for a lot of people. It's a shame GTA is such a subpar effort.
That's an understatement XD

A shame really. Would love to play Vice City again.

I can't imagine people only having a Nintendo platform for whole generations. Like nes, snes n64 was probably fine. But how do you go all generation on just a wii or wii u, you would be missing so much games
To be fair, if kids were lucky enough to have their parents buy them their first console, it typically might have been their only console. I mean, Gamecube was my first and only home console during that generation and I was still in grade 5. The next, the Wii was my only console until I got a 360 when I was 19 in 2010.

I was plenty content with the games I got to play then, but there are still so many I've yet to play from those generations

Dude I loved my WiiU. And I don't know what generation that's technically a part of but once it released I dropped my X360 and never booted it up again. With the solid first-party lineup and the indies starting to take hold that generation I never felt like I was missing anything. Granted my gaming tastes are weird but still. 😅

To be fair, if kids were lucky enough to have their parents buy them their first console, it typically might have been their only console. I mean, Gamecube was my first and only home console during that generation and I was still in grade 5. The next, the Wii was my only console until I got a 360 when I was 19 in 2010.

I was plenty content with the games I got to play then, but there are still so many I've yet to play from those generations
I had such a weird gaming situation growing up. My dad totally recognized the significance of different hardware and platforms, and he knew Mario=Nintendo, Sonic=Sega, so he was perfectly fine with getting me new consoles but then he didn't understand the point of buying multiple games for them. When a new Nintendo game came out he'd be all, "you already have a Nintendo game," but when a new console came out he understood that was a big deal. So growing up I had an NES, SNES, Gameboy, and Genesis, but with seriously only two games each. So I got to be a Nintendo kid AND a Sega kid and always had the latest systems, but I actually missed out on a ton of games until many years later when emulation became a thing. That's one of the reasons I'm giddy about Genesis NSO, actually. And @Emily, I haven't forgotten what you said about Phantasy Star IV!

Last edited:
Plenty of people are fine with missing most games. Hell, most people who bought a Wii seemed to not even really buy many Wii games (citation needed, but come on, look at the attach rate of first party games on Wii vs Switch)

Eshop Top 5 Best Sellers

Long live the new games, same as the old games

In all seriousness, though, next year is shaping up to be quite amazing across all platforms, and has a lot of great new games and new ideas, even with a lot of sequels involved. So having a remaster-heavy fall this year isn’t that bad, plus as Nate said a lot of these games are new to a lot of people.

Because you'd also have a whole lot to play? Wii had more games than N64 you know.

Not everyone makes it their life’s mission to play every single game that is out there.

Plenty of people are fine with missing most games. Hell, most people who bought a Wii seemed to not even really buy many Wii games (citation needed, but come on, look at the attach rate of first party games on Wii vs Switch)
It had one of the highest attach rates of any Nintendo console at the time, only bested by the GC. Honestly, the whole "no one bought games on the Wii" is just something that's been repeated so often that people take it as fact

Eshop Top 5 Best Sellers

SMT V should be top 5.

In a perfect world, it would be top 1.

Edit: BDSP are decent games but in my head, I dreamt of my favorite Gen getting a far better remake.

I've always found it weird that many folks (in enthusiast circles, at least) seem to follow the mantra of having to play basically every high profile release (and mostly asap).
Can't say I'd be able to relate.

Yeah, I never got that either. There's too many games being released in a given year to try to "keep up" with them.

I finished Great Ace Attorney Adventures. How about that sequel hook, eh?

Did Shu Takumi really kill the editor?

Real talk : is it really that Nintendo was the big publisher most affected by COVID or was it the one to understand how much delay would be needed to ship games in a good state ?

Incredible number of broken games over the past year or so. Looking at Halo, some would also have needed another year in the oven too.
I felt at the time that Nintendo, more than any publisher, entered the pandemic in a position of strength and with a minimum of pressure. The obvious wildcard that massively helped them was the enormous success of Animal Crossing, but Switch was on a clear upward trajectory prior to that on the strength of 2019's software slate and the Lite launch. But it does mean that, as global lockdowns bit in March and April, Nintendo knew Animal Crossing was going to be enormous, they knew Switch was powering along, and so they could plan accordingly.

My assumption was always that they prioritised the games that were 'easier' to finish (remasters and the like), and used that burst of momentum they were riding to make sure that they protected the quality of their games. I can see Nintendo's producers and executives reckoning that, if they're in a position of strength commercially, there's no need to rush their games or to significantly reduce the scope of them. Like you said, Dread was rumoured for late 2020. Splatoon 3 was teased in 2020 and may have been meant to be 2021. But the decision was probably made that they were in a strong enough position to wait on those titles and get things right.

Wild that Advance Wars was supposed to be a 2020 release and now has been pushed to 2022. It definitely would have improved my opinion of last year.

I am once again sorely tempted to sell my PS4 and the stack of largely unplayed games and get a Series S with game pass.

I gave all of my PS4 games to my brother so I still have access if I ever decide that I want to play them (again). I also got a Series S and I don't regret the purchase (it looks very nice in my setup) but I wish I could find more time to play games on a stationary console.

I never had any non-Nintendo console, in fact I skipped the GC generation and the only handheld I had was the 2DS, so not even had all the Nintendo platforms. So no need to imagine, it happens, and I bet I'm not even close to being the only one :).

I gave all of my PS4 games to my brother so I still have access if I ever decide that I want to play them (again). I also got a Series S and I don't regret the purchase (it looks very nice in my setup) but I wish I could find more time to play games on a stationary console.
I could try the cloud game pass via my PC, but I think I'd rather have the console. I guess the issue is I've no idea when I'd play the PS4 games, whereas I can unsubscribe and resub with game pass when it suits me. Halo Infinite doesn't seem to be wowing critics, but that's a big part of the current appeal.

With Mario Party and the first of the pokemon releases out of the way - we're inching closer to Triangle Strategy! It'll be the first Nintendo published game I'll buy since Metroid Dread.

I'm also gonna make a somewhat bold guess compared to what the consensus on here seem to be in regards of release schedule
TS is releasing March 4th - I think Nintendo wants Kirby out this fiscal year, at the tale end of it. 25th of march baby.

Downside to Series S is no disc drive means there's nowhere to insert that second hand copy of Lost Odyssey I bought a decade ago and promptly never played.

With Mario Party and the first of the pokemon releases out of the way - we're inching closer to Triangle Strategy! It'll be the first Nintendo published game I'll buy since Metroid Dread.

I'm also gonna make a somewhat bold guess compared to what the consensus on here seem to be in regards of release schedule
TS is releasing March 4th - I think Nintendo wants Kirby out this fiscal year, at the tale end of it. 25th of march baby.
I think Kirby is either late March, to hit the fiscal year, or late April, for the anniversary month. Should be a good period either way - Triangle Strategy, Advance Wars, and Kirby should hopefully all be out in March and April.

I think Kirby is either late March, to hit the fiscal year, or late April, for the anniversary month. Should be a good period either way - Triangle Strategy, Advance Wars, and Kirby should hopefully all be out in March and April.

Yeah something like that, I've seen May thrown out a lot on Kirby and while it may be true.. I think March or April as you say might be a more likely date. Nintendo stacks months every year and has done so every year since 2018 (switch era) yet we still predict one game a month =)

Just looking back at the last year
2 in Feb
3 in May
3 in June
2 in October

(sry for low res pic :eek:)

A9F9GqI.png

Is it wrong that my most anticipated 2022 game is Legends: Arceus? I'm not really a Pokémon fan but I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

At this point, it's mine too. It would be BotW if it didn't feel so far and we knew for sure it was coming in 2022, but as far as confirmed games go, Arceus is definitely the hypest for me.

Is it wrong that my most anticipated 2022 game is Legends: Arceus? I'm not really a Pokémon fan but I think we will be pleasantly surprised.
I am kinda looking foward to it, the graphics arent the best but I hope the core gameplay is good

My top anticapated for 2022 would be
1.Elden Ring
2.BOTW 2 (if no delay)
3.Metroid Prime Hd
4. Bayonetta 3
5. Kirby

I'm having a hard time keeping my most wanted to just 5 because next year is looking like I should need a couple of months vacation to get some gaming time in :D

I'll give my best shot at a top 10 most anticipated though! I'm also going to make a few assumptions in my list as well, like add a couple of games with no confirmed 2022 date (but likely) and a couple of heavily rumored games. Deal with it ;P

1. BotW2
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
3. Silksong
4. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
5. Bayonetta 3
6. Metroid Prime Remake
7. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
8. Shredders Revenge
9. Triangle Strategy
10: Kirby and the Forgotten Lands

March cant come soon enough! =)

Status