• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning

What are you looking forward to doing in 2023?

• Playing video games

Votes: 82 65.6%
  • Talking about video games

Votes: 43 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
my eye hasn't stopped twitching since I entered the "which Nintendo series do you not like" thread, send help
Raccoon watching people answer “Pikmin” to that thread :

83-B7-DEE4-453-B-4053-8-D7-E-2093711-BC216.jpg

You know what’s great? When an anime game actually has all the original show music for the settings! It adds so much. It’s a super nice touch that makes SD Gundam Battle Alliance feel that much more authentic. Tho I’d imagine Bandai owning the full international rights for Gundam through their anime wing helps that happen.

it's wild that multiple people are listing almost everything I like
No one had mentioned Custom Robo yet in that thread

That is because it is a game without flaw

It's not because no one played it what are you talking about

Ah man, all the actual franchise music in SD Gundam battle alliance is great. And then a rad Encounters acoustic version kicks in
(Original version for context. Ending theme of Gundam movie 3) such a great song

Holy shit I am really not feeling Majoras Mask

At the great bay, at the pirate area

The snow temple was frustrating

Sorry Fami :(
:(
You are not alone. I had to force myself to finish that one. Don't worry, there are a few of us out there.
:'(
I beat the great bay temple.
Was not a fan of the water current and zora swimming controls combo.
I hope the 4th dungeon is better, because dungeons 2 & 3 are my least liked zelda dungeons I have played :(

Don't get me wrong, I do like the game, but I am sure it's my least favorite 3D Zelda. The story and themes are cool, it's a unique Zelda. But, there is so much small frustrations adding up, that it's getting in the way of me enjoying the game more. I guess I am just not feeling/clicking with Majora like I thought I would.
Really sorry to hear this. Great Bay is super frustrating the first time you play it, no question about it (though I do prefer it to the Water Temple). I'm surprised about Snowhead, though; never had too many issues with that one. What did you think of the boss in Snowhead?

MM is my favorite Zelda so I'm at least a little biased, but the 4th temple is considered one of the top 3 dungeons in the series iirc. At least top 5. Great music, atmosphere, and puzzles imo. Really cool mini-dungeon beforehand as well.

Last edited:
I already posted this in off-topic, but Yukihiro Takahashi of YMO passed away today. Here's an incredible solo album of his that sounds like Katamari Damacy with a hint of Lemon Demon. I love this album, and hope that you all will as well.

Which Nintendo franchise are you
  • My appearance isn't the best but I'm artsy enough to try and overcome it
  • I take a while to get to the point of a story
  • I love Yasunori Mitsuda
  • I am a boomer weeb
so obviously I am Xenoblade

Btw I wanna apologize to anyone I may have upset earlier by saying I didn't like Majora's Mask. I'm not saying I think the game is bad, in fact I can totally see why other people love it, it just didn't click with me. The time limit did a number on my anxiety (something I only realized in hindsight as I didn't even know I had it at the time) and the world felt weirdly claustrophobic for some reason, possibly because I felt sorta "trapped" by the time limit and couldn't comfortably explore and get cozy.

I'm genuinely glad for people who like it and don't mean to disrespect it.

Breath of the Wild though, that game I'll disrespect all day long.

In a world where people lie to themselves and say that there are twelve (12) months in the year instead of just January, I'm the only one brave enough to say the truth around here. So it falls on me to speak the truth once again. Break mechanics in JRPGs are cringe. I will not be elaborating nor taking any questions. Thank you.

I already posted this in off-topic, but Yukihiro Takahashi of YMO passed away today. Here's an incredible solo album of his that sounds like Katamari Damacy with a hint of Lemon Demon. I love this album, and hope that you all will as well.

Checking it out now.

Hey, when it comes to your own opinion surrounding something as trivial as video games in the grand scheme of the universe, there's no need to apologize! How would you rank the 3D Zeldas?
Ummmm lemme think, this is important..
  • Skyward Sword
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Twilight Princess
  • Wind Waker
  • Majora's Mask
Granted this is ranked by, like, personal impact to me, not necessarily my perception of their quality. Skyward Sword is probably not at the top of a lot of people's lists but it was so exactly what I wanted out of a Zelda at the time, and the environments and story just walloped me. It's literally the game that drew me back to Nintendo after being an edgy Xbox gamer for so long. It's entirely possible that without Skyward Sword I wouldn't even be following Nintendo, or the Xeno series, or even found NintendoERA and followed everyone to Famiboards. Skyward Sword is a big deal to me.

The rest are probably self-explanatory. 😅

Ummmm lemme think, this is important..
  • Skyward Sword
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Twilight Princess
  • Wind Waker
  • Majora's Mask
Granted this is ranked by, like, personal impact to me, not necessarily my perception of their quality. Skyward Sword is probably not at the top of a lot of people's lists but it was so exactly what I wanted out of a Zelda at the time, and the environments and story just walloped me. It's literally the game that drew me back to Nintendo after being an edgy Xbox gamer for so long. It's entirely possible that without Skyward Sword I wouldn't even be following Nintendo, or the Xeno series, or even found NintendoERA and followed everyone to Famiboards. Skyward Sword is a big deal to me.

The rest are probably self-explanatory. 😅
This post got me thinking, and man, ranking the 3D Zeldas (or even worse if you do them all) is rough. There’s big things I like about literally all of them! And my favorite might change by the day.

Actually I think the only thing I’m sure of is that Twilight Princess would be last. Not because it’s bad! I still love TP. But to me it’s the least remarkable game out of them all and has, overall, less going for it that I love than the others.

Which Nintendo franchise are you
F54233-BB-F30-D-4397-88-A6-B036-F667-B77-B.jpg

Hey, when it comes to your own opinion surrounding something as trivial as video games in the grand scheme of the universe, there's no need to apologize! How would you rank the 3D Zeldas?
Skyward Sword <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Twilight Princess <<< Wind Waker <<<<<<<<<<< Ocarina of Time <<< Majora's Mask <<< BOTW

3D Zelda Rankings for me:

Breath of the Wild - I consider this the best one, but I’ve only played it once where I did every shrine in less than two weeks and only briefly returned for the DLC. It is weird to compare to the rest since it is very different, but the exploration is unmatched and the dynamic combat and physics system is incredible. There’s room to improve, story and dungeons are weak, but BOTW is on another level.

Majora’s Mask - This swaps with BOTW depending on the day and it means so much to me as the first Zelda that was straight mine. Awesome story and world, I adore the mask system, and the time limit / puzzles are super engaging. I really need to replay this one soon.

Twilight Princess - Best dungeons of the series carry this game hard for me. One of my most anticipated games ever, if not the one, and it absolutely delivered. Just an incredible game. Also loved the motion controls on Wii.

Skyward Sword - the other one I’ve still only played once and while the dungeons were weaker, the motion control gameplay is phenomenal. I really thought this was the future of video games at the time…but uh that didn’t happen lol. Best final boss with Demise.

Ocarina of Time - Time and place, this is probably the best for me, but it’s a bit too easy and simple today. If you asked me which one is ingrained in my soul the most, it’s this one. Also very cool this one has an official remixed version with Master Quest!

Wind Waker - Sorry Wind Waker you’ll always be my least favorite. The ocean is super rad and some of the ideas for combat are very cool, but many of your islands have too little going on. A small amount of dungeons is disappointing and the original infamous version of the Triforce Quest was horrendous. I also don’t 100% vibe with how you look. Oh well. Great game still and the Wii U version cleaned up some of the roughest edges. Show up on Switch with Twilight Princess please!

I haven’t played either Majora’s Mask or Skyward Sword, but out of the ones I have played the only 3D Zelda I’d say I liked was Breath of the Wild. OoT, WW and TP all have some cool ideas but overall I treat them with varying levels of ambivalence.

Make One Piece Unlimited Cruise 3 you cowards

is all I can think of when I see Odyssey, but hopefully that one's good too and I'll play it later this year

Hard to say if you'll like it given how you're feeling about the game, but the 4th dungeon in MM is often cited as one of the best in the entire series. It's definitely the best in the game, at the very least, IMO.
thanks, I don't know if I will get to it today, but I am planning on beating it before FE Engage :p

:(

:'(

Really sorry to hear this. Great Bay is super frustrating the first time you play it, no question about it (though I do prefer it to the Water Temple). I'm surprised about Snowhead, though; never had too many issues with that one. What did you think of the boss in Snowhead?

MM is my favorite Zelda so I'm at least a little biased, but the 4th temple is considered one of the top 3 dungeons in the series iirc. At least top 5. Great music, atmosphere, and puzzles imo. Really cool mini-dungeon beforehand as well.
I hope so too, it would be nice. I may get to it today, if not soon. I need to get the song of storms.

Man, I tried to do the IGN mini-game where you click on one out of two video game "cards" in order to find out which ones you "vote" for.

But it's too intense and long; I can barely get through 50, let alone 100. And from what I've seen, the card questions go beyond 50 and possibly 100 at a time.

"Picking one" out of two shouldn't be this taxing but it is.

Vertigo so intense today, when I close my eyes I see the back my eyelids spinning slowly like a turntable 🙃

I hate this. BPPV shouldn't affect most people under 60 but I won the fukken lottery apparently. I haven't played Pokemon let alone any video games now since New Year's and I certainly did not intend on doing dry January from every conceivable vice and hobby. I just want to stop feeling so useless and bored but unless my physiotherapist has a cancellation I'm gonna be feeling some degree of this until the 24th.

I hope y'all have a better month. This year has been such a bitter start that the only thing stopping me from writing it off entirely is the fact that one of my close friends is now expecting her first child in July.

Probably shouldn't even be on my phone or looking at screens so much but given I can hardly read books without going cross-eyed I might as well just nap all day and sleep all night. I wish I liked podcasts more. I hope to come back and shitpost with reckless abandon and joy before long, and I hope there's something to look forward to but even I'm conceding the Direct is in February and GoldenEye isn't the NSO update.

If you've read all this, thank you for allowing me my self-pity rant/vent.

tl;dr vertigo sucks; woe is me

BPPV shouldn't affect most people under 60 but I won the fukken lottery apparently
I’m sure you’ve already been advised but might as well try doing the Epley maneuver. Aside from that I hope your meds work (betahistine I would presume).

Did the cross-guard thing before Kylo Ren made it cool.
I still can’t dissociate Adam Driver from his role in Girls

Skyward Sword <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Twilight Princess <<< Wind Waker <<<<<<<<<<< Ocarina of Time <<< Majora's Mask <<< BOTW
Your list is extremely similar to mine. Might swap the top 3 around a bit - it's tough bc MM is my favorite but the one I think is best changes frequently - but those are def my top 3!

All Zelda games suck honestly.

Like. I turn on the game. And I’m never Zelda. I’m always this loser called Link. Which I appropriately name “Loser”. But now I can’t even given him a name! Nintendo taking options away from me.

Justice for Princess Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom