• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning

What are you looking forward to doing in 2023?

• Playing video games

Votes: 82 65.6%
  • Talking about video games

Votes: 43 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A fully realised Middle Earth rpg would blow my mind... that isn't an mmo

Thirdagebox.jpg

It's a sad and somewhat heavy story despite the appearance. The protagonists go to and back from a magic parallel world and it reveals backstories of other characters. It's a RPG-overworld-style game with no combat, with some occasional puzzles
Those are the Laura Shigehara (ie. the Plants vs. Zombies composer) did a To The Moon-alike right?

I want to see it, but I haven't seen the first Puss in Boots. The last movie I saw in the Shrekverse was The Third back in 2007. Would I be able to jump right into this movie?
Yeah, you don't have to worry about that. There's a character from the first that shows up, you get the gist of what they're about. I barely remember much of the first movie since seeing it around when it initially came out, and I could follow this just fine.

Does anyone know of or has listened to the A More Civilized Age podcast?

I've just started listening to 'em.

^ Here's where I'm at.

Well, I can no longer say I am in my "early 30s"; I have officially completed 34 laps around the nearest star! (At what feels like 200cc)
fRgys6E.png

I know just how to celebrate...
1479983633-nintnedo-switch.gif
Happy birthday friend! I would still call 34 early 30s tbh

I never knew there was a forum for this.

Huh. And I'm guessing we're the "Nintendo equivalent," right?
That's not a forum, that's Sega's main product page for their Ages line of classic ports. 😅

Well, I can no longer say I am in my "early 30s"; I have officially completed 34 laps around the nearest star! (At what feels like 200cc)
fRgys6E.png
Happy uh.. what's in that mug? Happy.. Beerthday?

fRgys6E.png

Happy birthday. As you keep going the CCs keep getting higher it feels like. Hope it’s a good one.

fRgys6E.png

Happy birthday! Hope you have enjoyed your day today with friends and loved ones!

Feels like this could be the year id Software finally announces their next game. Been almost three years since Doom Eternal.

Print-Issue-38-biz_screen-Puss-In-Boots-Wolf-2-Publicity-EMBED-2022.jpg

Yeah, animated kitty-cat movie was 100% badass. Like Spiderverse, it lights a fire in my ass art-wise.
Deserves a theater viewing.
100% watched this for the animation only

I’m not invested in the greater lore of shrek other than as haunted meme and humanity’s 9/11 portrait of dorian grey, but

it was pretty good all things considered

too fast-paced, though I get the value of that in a more kid-oriented thing, and several things that weren’t exactly my taste, but lots of really excellent animation

though I could have gone for even more of the really wild sequences, honestly

The real challenge in Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball, as it turns out, is getting a stable connection to the Nintendo Network ID service

I never knew there was a forum for this.

Huh. And I'm guessing we're the "Nintendo equivalent," right?
?? wait… what are you seeing?

I’m pretty sure this is the sega website outright, right? just their page about sega ages?

if there’s a secret forum in there though I’m impressed

?? wait… what are you seeing?

I’m pretty sure this is the sega website outright, right? just their page about sega ages?

if there’s a secret forum in there though I’m impressed
And if there is then it better go "Se-gaaaaaaaaa" when you find it

Technically it’s against the law to eat or drink while driving in Washington, so can’t even pull that anymore!

No police really enforce that part of the code unless it truly distracted you and led to another infraction, but still the law.
Wait what? Like completely?

So if I'm driving somewhere and take a sip from a water bottle that's technically illegal..?

If Sonic gets drunk and runs over 15 miles per hour, does he get arrested for drunk driving or is that a loophole? In the Sonic universe, do they have to make drinking laws specifically for woodland creatures enhanced mobility? Like no running for Sonic and no flying for Tails while under the influence.

If Sonic gets drunk and runs over 15 miles per hour, does he get arrested for drunk driving or is that a loophole? In the Sonic universe, do they have to make drinking laws specifically for woodland creatures enhanced mobility? Like no running for Sonic and no flying for Tails while under the influence.
This is actually a really good question 🤔

Wait what? Like completely?

So if I'm driving somewhere and take a sip from a water bottle that's technically illegal..?
Yeah. They updated the code a couple years back to put all this distracted driving stuff in the law. But like I said, it would have to have distracted you and caused another violation to actually be cited. So like spilling hot coffee on yourself and then getting in an accident or some such.

This would be public intoxication I guess. So already illegal most places.

Wouldn't Sonic's high metabolism burn off alcohol too quickly for him to get drunk?

Or would it have the opposite effect and make him drunk almost instantly?

I hope the 15 year old Hedgehog and the 8 year old fox aren't getting drunk, let alone drinking and running/flying.

Wouldn't Sonic's high metabolism burn off alcohol too quickly for him to get drunk?

This was a Flash episode lol. The Flash couldn't get drunk no matter how much alcohol he consumed lol.

It depends on the liver. Energy metabolism is a different biochemical process from alcohol metabolism.

Hedgehogs can get drunk from overripe fruit with <5% alcohol content, so extrapolating, yes it would be easy to get Sonic drunk.

Another related fun fact is that exposure of fetuses to alcohol disrupts what we call the the Sonic hedgehog genetic pathway (which is indeed named after our blue fella) which can result in a host of physical abnormalities.

It depends on the liver. Energy metabolism is a different biochemical process from alcohol metabolism.

Hedgehogs can get drunk from overripe fruit with <5% alcohol content, so extrapolating, yes it would be easy to get Sonic drunk.

Another related fun fact is that exposure of fetuses to alcohol disrupts what we call the the Sonic hedgehog genetic pathway (which is indeed named after our blue fella) which can result in a host of physical abnormalities.
That's an interesting fact but I would not call it fun

I'm way too impatiently waiting for this month's N64 game and hoping it's Goldeneye lol.

But also I just wish that NSO Expansion Pack felt a little more worthwhile and was more consistent. Like you can do so much with NSO even within the constraints Nintendo has to face and it doesn't always feel so premium when they aren't taking those steps. Like how do we not have more Genesis titles like basically all the Sonic titles? Why can't we have a consistent N64 game every month guaranteed and not miss 2 months like we did last year? Why not finally translate the first two Custom Robo titles and bring them to the US N64 NSO or work to make Harvest Moon 64 work with some re-tooling even if it's a little awkward?

Nintendo could literally have like the next best thing to Game Pass and it would rely entirely on legacy titles if they'd really show it the love it deserves and I know people would eat it up even more than they already do. Just making things more consistent and releasing more systems on it with a few more special titles here and there would go such a long way...

AND I do just want GB/GBC games already, come on, Nintendo doesn't even treat them with the same prestige as they do N64, so they feel like such a logical next step to expand the library in a pretty big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom