• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be honest - The Game Awards could feature a brand new Super Mario game announcement, and even as the Famiboards #1 Super Mario Fan™️ I still wouldn't watch it live. Sorry Goeff - you can try all you want, but you won't be able to get me to watch!

If Goldeneye does get a sweet lil shadowdrop tonight, does anyone know what the cheat codes are to unlock everything for multiplayer? I just want to hop in right away with some online with friends without having to spend hours unlocking levels and characters.

I remember F-Zero X had a button combo to unlock all racers and cups but I personally want to unlock everything manually until I get too frustrated and then do the cheat codes lol

I was just thinking "Nintendo really doesn't care if we tune in, huh"

there are three possible reasons:
  • Nintendo actually doesn't give a fuck about The Game Awards or Zelda winning next year at all
  • Nintendo is waiting to show the game with hardware (lol, lmao)
  • delay incoming

The fact that Mario Movie is there and they have not tweeted tune in, so in my eyes not having a tweet probably means nothing. They tweeted tune in back in 2019 and all they revealed was Bravely Default 2 (which they only published, not developed) and new trailer for NMH in pre-show. I think the Mario Movie trailer alone is worth a tune in tweet or just a simply retweet. We still got time for that tune in tweet tho.

The fact that Mario Movie is there and they have not tweeted tune in, so in my eyes not having a tweet probably means nothing. They tweeted tune in back in 2019 and all they revealed was Bravely Default 2 (which they only published, not developed) and new trailer for NMH in pre-show. I think the Mario Movie trailer alone is worth a tune in tweet or just a simply retweet. We still got time for that tune in tweet tho.
They also have an actual GoTY candidate this year, which is well worth a tune-in tweet even though XC3 has absolutely zero shot of winning

They also have an actual GoTY candidate this year, which is well worth a tune-in tweet even though XC3 has absolutely zero shot of winning
Also this. Just the fact that XC3 is nominated is well worth a tune-in tweet. Also it will be played by orchestra and Nintendo is like hm we are silent. If there is tweet in next 2 hours then cool but if there is not I don't see it as any indication of anything.

edit: I forgot that Metroid Dread was nominated for GoTY last year and they also have not tweeted tune in. So who knows how their marketing works.

Friends - free yourself of the pain by just...not watching The Game Awards.

If Zelda is shown? You'll see it on social media and the trailer will get uploaded an hour or so later, and you don't have to waste your time on a kinda meh awards show and kinda meh Winter E3.

If Zelda isn't shown? You don't have to waste your time.

Free yourselves.

Hey question about playtime and profile transfers. Since I got my new switch some of my games transferred their playtimes over just fine. The play time just ticks up every 5 hours like it once did.

Some games have started over completely.

Some games like Smash froze at around 1,600 hours and haven’t gone up since.

Anyway to fix it?

If Zelda is shown? You'll see it on social media and the trailer will get uploaded an hour or so later, and you don't have to waste your time on a kinda meh awards show and kinda meh Winter E3.

Free yourselves.
but what if my girlfriend and I want free steam decks

Zelda IS shown:

yeah-soccer.gif

Zelda is NOT shown:

Me: "Zelda is too good for TGA anyway. Bring on the Direct!"

but what if my girlfriend and I want free steam decks
think about it... are those steam decks really free if you have to endure 2 1/2 hours of Geoff and Red Bull commercials to win them ? ... and what if the free steam decks were actually in your hearts all along... the bond of love... that's the real gaming...

think about it... are those steam decks really free if you have to endure 2 1/2 hours of Geoff and Red Bull commercials to win them ? ... and what if the free steam decks were actually in your hearts all along... the bond of love... that's the real gaming...
yeah we love each other but also we want steam decks for free

Kinda not vibing with Eastward, sadly. The art and music is great but it's so slow and has so much text which is really not something I need or want in this type of game. I'm still in chapter 1 so I'm not giving up just yet but it's not leaving a great first impression.

• Nintendo actually doesn't give a fuck about The Game Awards or Zelda winning next year at all
  • delay incoming
Or they'll just promote their games in their own sweet time because while TGA exposure is nice, Nintendo doesn't need to use it to publicise Zelda if they don't want.

Free yourselves.
Here the show ends at 5 a.m. so I will not make the mistake of the last year again 🥲

• delay incoming
this is it, I'm pulling my ad money from the next raccoonies

Free yourselves.
You’re right but I’m watching anyway. The high of watching Sephiroth revealed for Smash was so great for me that I gotta keep chasing after that feeling. It just doesn’t hit the same watching after the fact.

If this doesn't have at minimum:

• New 3D Mario game
  • Tears of the Kingdom pushed forward to February like how XBC3 was pushed forward 3 months ahead
  • Metroid Prime 4 news
  • Metroid 6 (newest 2D successor to Dread)
  • Mega Man 12 and X9 announced
  • Sin and Punishment 3
  • A new top-down Zelda
  • FF9 Remake
  • Switch announcement of Pixel Remasters
  • Super Mario RPG 2 announced
  • F Zero Switch announced

If it's missing a single one of these my Switch is going out the window

How badly do I want a steam deck/to look at Rahul Kohli? The questions I must ask myself before inevitably staying up to watch the keighleys because I'll sleep like shit regardless.

The great thing about being a fan of Nintendo and Sega and Square is that if Nintendo doesn't do something cool for the Keighlys then there are two whole other corporations that have a shot at disappointing me 👍

I don't believe in magic but a few times in my life I've seen things, things I can't explain. And I've come to believe it's not so much what you believe it's how hard you believe it.
Excellent reference

the classic famiboards cycle of me getting irritated on lukas's behalf while he is simply squelching and unbothered in his goop
Why does this sound like a @Suswave post

no leaks at all? weird.
i still have enough to do, might as well tune in next to it and have it in the background instead of rewatching hbomberguy videos.

Kinda not vibing with Eastward, sadly. The art and music is great but it's so slow and has so much text which is really not something I need or want in this type of game. I'm still in chapter 1 so I'm not giving up just yet but it's not leaving a great first impression.

The beginning is very narrative heavy and it lightens up a bit but you should expect there to be a lot of talking and cutscenes throughout. Essentially you'll have long periods of just talking or doing narrative stuff followed by extended periods where there is mostly just action and exploration. I honestly came to enjoy the narrative section more since the controls of the game just don't quite feel right. Combat feels a bit too loose and inaccurate.

I know it's a whole thing of 'pick your battles' that I need to work on, but even then I feel like I'm better off not discussing industry news with my gamer-oriented friend group because "Phil Spencer is a godsend for being a part of that" endeavour and I'm the crazy one for voicing dissent against it, because if another company like Sony bought ActiBlizz, they'd just make their games exclusive 🙃 (...yes, Sony, with their gigajillions of dollars in the bank could buy up ActiBlizz like its as easy to buy a hat if MS didn't beat them to the punch)

Also it shouldn't even be newsworthy because "FTC does try to sue for nearly everything and loses every single time"

I mean, fuck me for caring about anything, right?

idk, I guess I'm just lost in my thoughts again where I don't want to be. I need to set up the sun lamp in my closet so I can at least pretend I don't have SAD this time of year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom