• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno but I sure hope Annie is okay
One of the funniest things I've ever seen is when I was in a crowded lab late one night and a girl named Annie tripped on a desk and fell over (she was totally unhurt) and then the guy next to her went "Shit, Annie are you okay?" and then the guy next to him added "Are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?" and then like four people all broke into Smooth Criminal in unison. It was glorious, like a scene out of Scrubs or something.

Got in an awesome batch of stuff today. The Kotobukiya stuff was a preorder but the rest was sales

IMG_6191.jpg

Who is Annie Mae and why is Famiboards obsessed with them.
never heard of anybody by any of those names, definitely not, nope, nothing to see here

Just accidentally did one of the most Australian things ever; tried to whack a fly out of the air and sent it straight into a spider web, where the friendly household spider quickly took it out.

Wait... am I the Demon Slave? Did the spider just Bayonetta 3 me into sending it a meal?

Also, felt good to vote yesterday and wake up to 4 more years of a progressive state government. It wasn't even close too, so refreshing for the electorate to decisively reject the toxic politics of the far right "fReEDoM" crowd.

what should I stick this rosalina head on next as a profile picture? gonna do the ol’ dead cells and just fling my head at things

This year’s black friday was poor for me. Only things I bought were a box of Tyranid Zoanthropes and a Copic marker set. And some cheap brushes for drybrushing models.

This year’s black friday was poor for me. Only things I bought were a box of Tyranid Zoanthropes and a Copic marker set. And some cheap brushes for drybrushing models.
A few games I want went on sale, but that’s about it.

I just realized Animal Crossing New Horizons is 2 and a half years old. Jesus Christ. The next Animal Crossing is probably halfway through development right now (especially with most of the Splatoon 3 team able to move on to the next studio project). Maybe it's a Switch 2 launch year title?

My urge to continue shrinking my backlog vs my urge to play Kirby again
Would buying a few console favorites for my steam deck counting as adding to my backlog even if beaten them ages ago?

Only new thing I really bought was a good steam deal on gotham knights from green man gaming that was too good to pass up,

One of the funniest things I've ever seen is when I was in a crowded lab late one night and a girl named Annie tripped on a desk and fell over (she was totally unhurt) and then the guy next to her went "Shit, Annie are you okay?" and then the guy next to him added "Are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?" and then like four people all broke into Smooth Criminal in unison. It was glorious, like a scene out of Scrubs or something.
Tell me they did the lean

I say one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse or should I say suspocalypse
Jum9GVz.jpg

I was curious if there's some notable games stuck on GB/GBC (that are not available even on Virtual Console) and seems like Metal Gear Solid GBC (aka Ghost Babel) was never re-released πŸ€” seems interesting (timestamped at 4:52 on the video below). It's an original game, not a port/adaptation

Low-key thinking it would be cool to own a GBA SP and play some stuff like that natively. Used game prices skyrocketed though

Whenever Nintendo gets around to adding GB/GBC games to NSO I hope Warlocked is there day one or at least an early addition to the library.
Warlocked was so good back in the day. Dunno if it has aged well though
It hasn't aged that well, but I still want to play it on my Switch nonetheless.

I just realized Animal Crossing New Horizons is 2 and a half years old. Jesus Christ. The next Animal Crossing is probably halfway through development right now (especially with most of the Splatoon 3 team able to move on to the next studio project). Maybe it's a Switch 2 launch year title?
Do you think Nintendo will be able to cook up a new pandemic in such a short notice ?

(for real, though, I really hope for the team that the New Horizons sales are not considered the new standard for the series by Nintendo)

Plus dlc for Kart, Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3; probably dlc for Pokemon and Zelda; perhaps more dlc support for Switch Sports and Mario Strikers; Sparks of Hope dlc from Ubisoft; maybe Advance Wars Reboot Camp is allowed out to play.

But it's not unusual at all to not really know what the next calendar year will bring. There'll probably be Pokemon and Fire Emblem events in January, and then a general Direct in February, and by that point we'll have a clearer idea of what 2023 has in store.
Yeah info on the following year is usually pretty scant at the point after the last big Direct and the major Autumn releases, but before any Jan/Feb direct.

Last year, at this point, Xenoblade 3 hadn’t been announced yet, and Kirby had only been shown off in September ahead of a March release. So the slate we thought we knew about for 2022 was just Pokemon Arceus for January, Kirby for March, Advance Wars for Spring, with Mario/Rabbids: Sparks of Hope and Bayonetta 3 likely/vaguely pencilled in for the end of the year. On the third party side, I know I was looking forward to Triangle Strategy, Live A Live and MH Sunbreak more than the first party slate.

Last edited:
2022 we knew probably more of the lineup going in than is usual for Nintendo.

We knew of about half of their first party lineup for the year in 2021 with PokΓ©mon Legends Arceus, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope.

The surprises were Nintendo Switch Sports, Mario Strikers Battle League, Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and PokΓ©mon Scarlet and Violet.

What was interesting was that we knew most of the lineup that was in the immediate first quarter and then those in the fall lineup (sans Scarlet and Violet) although this was a result of release date shakeups along the way like Splatoon 3 being delayed out of the summer. Already having most of the fall lineup known ahead of time was likely responsible for the lack of a Direct in June.

Edit - first image is new, the second is official advertising for the original release of Superstar Saga, and the third was for a DK64 card game in Japan I think

I miss the Mario and Luigi series.
But I guess now that we have Mario + Rabbids and a successful The Origami King, there's no need for the series to come back.

Do you think Nintendo will be able to cook up a new pandemic in such a short notice ?

(for real, though, I really hope for the team that the New Horizons sales are not considered the new standard for the series by Nintendo)
I highly doubt they are. I think a good future sales comparison would be 3D Mario. Really good sales, but not Mario Kart/Pokemon/Smash level.

Still annoyed the GameBoy family isn't on NSO yet. I could see them waiting until next September, too.
Same. I was thinking about this the other day- one good thing about the GB library is that the vast majority of the sidescrollers on it you can play start-to-finish on it in 20-40 minutes or so. They can be refreshing palette cleansers compared to modern games where even an indie metroidvania is 10-20 hours. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I remember as a kid I’d often have half an hour to kill and would play through a game from beginning to end sequence as a single session.

It’s going to be March/April because they’re jerks
March/April is earlier than September so this works for me!
Same. I was thinking about this the other day- one good thing about the GB library is that the vast majority of the sidescrollers on it you can play start-to-finish on it in 20-40 minutes or so. They can be refreshing palette cleansers compared to modern games where even an indie metroidvania is 10-20 hours. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I remember as a kid I’d often have half an hour to kill and would play through a game from beginning to end sequence as a single session.
I'm really itching to go back to the Super Mario Land titles and of course the Wario Land series, as well as try the original Kirby. But yeah, short focused games are absolutely a big part of the appeal.

GBA I want because of the longer experiences - especially Superstar Saga and Minish Cap and how great that gorgeous sprite work could look on Switch.

April would also be good timing since that's 6 months out from October's NSO XP anniversary and with the 3DS/Wii U eShop closure in the rear window there's going to be questions about when GB/GBC/GBA games will be legally available again.

I'd absolutely love it to be sooner than that but I just have a feeling they're going to milk whatever they can get from the Wii U and 3DS VC. And looking around online it looks like we had a period of 9 months between the Wii Shop shutdown and when SNES games showed up on NSO so I might not be entirely off my rocker here.

I'm really itching to go back to the Super Mario Land titles and of course the Wario Land series, as well as try the original Kirby. But yeah, short focused games are absolutely a big part of the appeal.

GBA I want because of the longer experiences - especially Superstar Saga and Minish Cap and how great that gorgeous sprite work could look on Switch.
Yea, GB and GBA are going to be great fits for the system since a lot of Switch first party titles are built around micro-objectives and short goals you can accomplish in a few minutes. They're very much keeping in the tradition of Nintendo's older handheld designs.

It's also going to be wild having NES/GB/SNES/N64/GBC/GBA all on one system for the first time. It was really really weird how Wii U could play everything up to that point but Game Boy games.

Minish Cap is such a good game, one of my favourite Zeldas.

GBA in general has a load of great games. At the time I was mostly interested in Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Megaman Zero and Castlevania (not a lot has changed about my tastes :D) but even so there’s tons of good games. Unfortunately, by the time I was trying to grab a few more to play on my DS at the end of the 2010s, a lot of the second-hand carts for sale were dodgy replicas without batteries etc, and I just gave up.

Another GBA game I have fond memories for is the port of FFVI, it was the first time I was able to play it, I think.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is a rare SRPG that I remember playing over and over again, loved that one.

Well between digital and physical sales I’m set for a while outside of Nintendo releases(and a couple of digital games I’m waiting for a sale on).
Final Eshop list on sale wound up being:
SD Gundam Battle Alliance
.hack gu collection
Capcom arcade 2nd
Prinny presents Vol 3
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising
Arcade Archives DONKEY KONG
As for physical:
Kirby FL
Live a Live
Kamiwaza
Pac man world
P5R
Monkey ball banana mania
Taiko festival
AI Nirvana

Plus the series S and getting the dreamcast emulator going on it

GBA I want because of the longer experiences - especially Superstar Saga and Minish Cap and how great that gorgeous sprite work could look on Switch
GBA in general has a load of great games
I think GBA on NSO would hype me up the most. A lot of the DS games would need some level of reworking to fit the single screen format, but GBA games would translate easily to Switch. Just imagining Minish Cap, Drill Dozer, Golden Sun, etc. on Switch has me salivating.

Sunday morning breakfast. Spiced Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls:
E50-C2-E7-D-DEF6-4-E61-AD4-E-92-C47-F4780-D0.jpg

26-B23865-981-D-4227-97-F8-BBC127-A5300-F.jpg

128030-BB-97-C6-44-C3-92-DF-FFBEBA2-FA939.jpg

74507501-0-E78-4-FD3-916-D-2-C566-E7-CF902.jpg

OhUVIh7.gif

I went to a wedding yesterday and they gave us some drinks that had a plastic cube with a led inside that flashed in multiple colors. I think it was a cool idea but then made me remember some of these fake cubes were toxic so no way I was going to drink from that

Been about 50 hours since my dog’s last seizure, so that’s some good news. He’s been acting very confused since Thursday night, and the medicine probably isn’t helping with that. But he’s happy, which is the important thing.

He’s 12 years old, so we’re not gonna put him through any kind of cancer screenings. Wouldn’t feel right to lower his quality of life at this point.

I think GBA on NSO would hype me up the most. A lot of the DS games would need some level of reworking to fit the single screen format, but GBA games would translate easily to Switch. Just imagining Minish Cap, Drill Dozer, Golden Sun, etc. on Switch has me salivating.
Yeah - I think it would be an easy win for Nintendo, especially if they had gen 3 and the 1 remakes for Pokemon on there. Plus, when you add up things like Minish Cap, both Golden Sun games, the Fire Emblem titles, and the original Mario & Luigi, you've got a bunch of quality, lengthy games that have aged brilliantly and which would be especially appealing to play in portable mode. Quality GBA emulation on the OLED screen? Yesss.

Plus, Wario Land 4, Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, the F Zero titles, Mario Kart Super Circuit... first party alone has seriously quality titles. Part of me wonders if monthly GBA releases might be the 'replacement' for N64, with N64 shifting to a less regular update pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom