• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential GameStop info leak. Guess they were giving people access to other account info instead of their own. Luckily my credit card I had saved was expired, but everyone should remove payment just in case.

The mole will be found and dealt with

250px-050Diglett.png

Played some OG Super Mario Bros. last night and why are Hammer Bros. still the most terrifying thing in that game after 35 years?

Potential GameStop info leak. Guess they were giving people access to other account info instead of their own. Luckily my credit card I had saved was expired, but everyone should remove payment just in case.
That’s not the fun kind of GameStop leak

I had a dream about a live action Pokémon movie that ended in a bloody police shootout that was also somehow a direct prequel to Captain America Civil War

I had a dream about a live action Pokémon movie that ended in a bloody police shootout that was also somehow a direct prequel to Captain America Civil War
I mean, Civil War did have "gotta catch em all" as a theme, at least from Thunderbolt Ross' perspective

Looks like Engage will do quite well, and still two months to go, even outsell three houses? It’s crazy how much fire emblem has grown since it was nearly killed back in 2012 if Awakening didn’t do well!

Toothpaste Chan securing preorders and I love it :p

My mind has been annoying me about what Nintendo's current plan is for Metroid Prime Definitive Edition, and you know of course, Tears of the Kingdom but that either gets a trailer at TGA in two weeks or in the February Direct.
Just keep wondering what changed that Nintendo decided to move MPDE out of this year.

Wondering when I should start my botw play through leading up to totk. I'm thinking December

Also, what exactly do we have lined up for the new year now from Nintendo? Just Fire Emblem Engage, Tears of the Kingdom, Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe, and Pikmin 4? MAYBE Metroid Prime Deluxe or something if it ever materializes?

Also, what exactly do we have lined up for the new year now from Nintendo?
  • Tears of the Kingdom
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Return to Dreamland Deluxe
  • More Mario Kart Booster Pass
  • Metroid Prime HD Remaster
  • Pikmin 4
  • Splatoon 3 Expansion
  • Next 3D Mario
  • Kid Icarus Uprising Up-port
  • Pokemon S/V DLC campaign
  • New 2D Donkey Kong
  • New 2D Yoshi
  • Mario Party Superstars DLC
  • Wave Race Riptide
  • Style Savvy sequel
  • Rhythm Heaven sequel

This is a brainvomit fake list I made at 3 in the morning

I know I’m playing entirely too many games at the same time, but… I’ve heard great things about Labyrinth of Galleria, so it might be time to start Labyrinth of Refrain soon…

Not gonna lie Fami, I am extremely curious as to what 2023 has to offer for Nintendo. Maybe a bit too much to the point where I am afraid I might get dissapointed in the end ;P but from what we do know, it's just so far up my alley it's almost unheard of.

My 4 year old is becoming slightly obsessed with Snake Pass.

Long time since I heard that name. I bought it on launch on Switch - and while it had some annoying moments, it was definitely a unique and charming platformer.
I should revisit it sometime..

I know I’m playing entirely too many games at the same time, but… I’ve heard great things about Labyrinth of Galleria, so it might be time to start Labyrinth of Refrain soon…
Labyrinth of Refrain is a lot of fun if you like dungeon crawlers, I'm looking forward to Galleria a lot next year. And it doesn't feel like there's exactly been a ton of DRPGs lately, so it'll be nice to jump into one again.

Labyrinth of Refrain is a lot of fun if you like dungeon crawlers, I'm looking forward to Galleria a lot next year. And it doesn't feel like there's exactly been a ton of DRPGs lately, so it'll be nice to jump into one again.
The only DRPG I’ve ever “finished” was the default route for Persona 1 on PSP. But I love what I’ve played of the genre, including getting stuck like 6 times in Mary Skelter 2. I’ve heard Labyrinth of Refrain described as a good place to get a real feel for the genre though.

I really enjoyed my time with Labyrinth of Refrain, but the patented NIS grind trying to get the true ending was too much and I ended up watching it on YouTube lol. Definitely looking forward to Galleria though, especially since there has been no news on the next Etrian Odyssey game.

I'm like 70 hours into Pokémon Scarlet and I'm just now fighting the last gym...

• Tears of the Kingdom
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Return to Dreamland Deluxe
  • More Mario Kart Booster Pass
  • Metroid Prime HD Remaster
  • Pikmin 4
  • Splatoon 3 Expansion
  • Next 3D Mario
  • Kid Icarus Uprising Up-port
  • Pokemon S/V DLC campaign
  • New 2D Donkey Kong
  • New 2D Yoshi
  • Mario Party Superstars DLC
  • Wave Race Riptide
  • Style Savvy sequel
  • Rhythm Heaven sequel

This is a brainvomit fake list I made at 3 in the morning
According to my uncle who works at Nintendo, your list is perfectly correct, though you forgot the “Super Nintendo Switch” who’s set to release in May!

Fantastic film! You should also look into director Sidney Lumet's other films too like Serpico and Network if you haven't already.
I’ve seen Serpico. Good film itself. Great with Al Pacino. My issues were always that it drags a bit. Network I’ve seen long ago before my fascination with film begin so I can’t remember it much. But will definitely watch again once I get the chance lol.
Hell yeah, 12 Angry Men is in my top 15. Please report back once you've given it a look! And if you haven't already seen Network from Sidney Lumet, do yourself a HUGE favor and watch that one next haha. Wall-to-wall electric monologues and performances.
I actually seen Network back in my “don’t really care about films days” don’t remember much of it. But looking forward to watch it again.
Also saw this movie for the first time this year. Loved it, hope you enjoy it too
I have finally watched 12 Angry Men. What a phenomenal film. It’s rare to see a film where you can have multiple folks naturally talking at all once and not feel scripted. I’ve seen Sidney Lumet films before so I went in with some high expectations. But I didn’t know this was his first feature film, pretty cool.

Use of camera work is pretty great. The minimal amount of hard cuts and letting the scene linger is refreshing nowadays lol. Acting was great and with simple premise, required great writing and actors to match. Have to see. My favorite scene was the one where one by one jurors started to get up and turn their backs to another one. Signify each’ characters personality well in that one scene with one 2 speaking out of the 12.

Up there now with some of my favorites. Would like to see more films like these. Up next is Persona by ingmar Bergman.

Mario Kart 8 dethroned Pokemon Double Pack, which means the bundles are putting in work.

Some people use NPD. Some people use Nintendo's own financial reports. But there's not better indicator of new Switch sales than Mario Kart 8's position on the eShop

Also, what exactly do we have lined up for the new year now from Nintendo? Just Fire Emblem Engage, Tears of the Kingdom, Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe, and Pikmin 4? MAYBE Metroid Prime Deluxe or something if it ever materializes?
Plus dlc for Kart, Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3; probably dlc for Pokemon and Zelda; perhaps more dlc support for Switch Sports and Mario Strikers; Sparks of Hope dlc from Ubisoft; maybe Advance Wars Reboot Camp is allowed out to play.

But it's not unusual at all to not really know what the next calendar year will bring. There'll probably be Pokemon and Fire Emblem events in January, and then a general Direct in February, and by that point we'll have a clearer idea of what 2023 has in store.

I had every intention of starting Kirby and the Forgotten Land over the break but Persona 5 has taken up almost all my time. I did play some Xenoblade 3 DLC but that's about it. It's not that I don't want to start Kirby. I think it's just one of those situations where I'm in the groove with Persona 5 and Kirby is something new and I'd rather continue on with something I already have a rhythm with. Starting a brand new game is actually one of my least favorite things in gaming. Having to learn the controls, get used to how the camera and character moves, new interfaces. I hate the processing of getting used to a new game.

So the kit is returned with zero issue. If I had any I needed today I would’ve grabbed some citadel paint there but I don’t have any must gets right now. (Basically I paid 76$ for the kit there. From one of my regular online places I paid 90 to get it and God gundam(plus shipping’s, shipping was $10 of that)
Also was traveling all day and no anime during my trip so I got some catch up today and tomorrow

I was curious if there's some notable games stuck on GB/GBC (that are not available even on Virtual Console) and seems like Metal Gear Solid GBC (aka Ghost Babel) was never re-released 🤔 seems interesting (timestamped at 4:52 on the video below). It's an original game, not a port/adaptation

Low-key thinking it would be cool to own a GBA SP and play some stuff like that natively. Used game prices skyrocketed though

I was curious if there's some notable games stuck on GB/GBC (that are not available even on Virtual Console) and seems like Metal Gear Solid GBC (aka Ghost Babel) was never re-released 🤔 seems interesting (timestamped at 4:52 on the video below). It's an original game, not a port/adaptation

Low-key thinking it would be cool to own a GBA SP and play some stuff like that natively. Used game prices skyrocketed though

I recently got my Analogue Pocket (after ordering it a whole year ago) and it's been fun playing GameBoy games again. The authentic cartridges are super expensive though.

Warlocked was so good back in the day. Dunno if it has aged well though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom