• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking I should set up my own Game Awards this year, and that they should include not only real categories, but also categories like "Things You Put On Your Wishlist You'll Never Buy Of The Year", "Xenoblade Cussicles 3 of The Year" and "Lanz's Biceps Of The Year".

I swear to god I did not wait to post for the new page. That was 100% a happy accident.

Username
Famicoin balance if it had always been around
Days active
8,696 Famicoins
406​
11,944 Famicoins
405​
792 Famicoins
398​
1,993 Famicoins
408​
855 Famicoins
185​
5,784 Famicoins
407​
3,119 Famicoins
406​
1,670 Famicoins
408​
4,147 Famicoins
407​
3,821 Famicoins
407​
5,099 Famicoins
406​
842 Famicoins
401​
806 Famicoins
401​
1,213 Famicoins
391​
7,016 Famicoins
410​
Damn I could've bought the new PC I desperately need with my retroactive famicoin balance.

Oh, one day I shall eclipse that number.

There's a lot more to the game than what's seen in the trailers. I originally thought the game would be low on content until I saw the leaks.
I prefer this approach honestly. I found the marketing low-key but very fitting and diverse (the Pokemon reveals notably). And it is not like the game isn’t trending insanely well.

For instance, I hope Nintendo won't show much of Tears of the Kingdom before launch. Just like they did with Breath of the Wild (remember "no towns").

I will not partake in your capitalist system and will now only communicate via revolutionary gifs

UNg8FYQ.gif

Holy shit Scarlet and Violet actually look really fucking good from the leaks. So it was the marketing that was terrible, not the game. Wtf lol
Maaan, I'm getting overhyped hearing stuff like this. I mean how can they up Sword Shield's new pokémon? It literally raised the bar way up high. We had copper elephant excavators, Hot Tamales centipede, goblins who attack with body hair, even B-2 stealth bomber pokémon. Whole shit was bonkers. How can they get better than this?

I've avoided Scarlet/Violet leaks and marketing because I'd decided not to buy the game a while ago, but now I'm going through the usual temptation phase.

And that's despite all the stuff I have piled up to finish/start. And I still want to try Tunic, which I'll probably do with a new Game Pass sub.

I've avoided Scarlet/Violet leaks and marketing because I'd decided not to buy the game a while ago, but now I'm going through the usual temptation phase.

And that's despite all the stuff I have piled up to finish/start. And I still want to try Tunic, which I'll probably do with a new Game Pass sub.
See, I usually do that when I actually plan on getting a game right away. SV looks really good from what I’ve seen of the marketing though.

I didn't try to avoid Pokémon spoilers because I know that it doesn't really impact my enjoyment of these games, never has. I understand why people don't want to see new Pokémon, their evolutions, what trainers/gym leaders/the E4 look like etc. but it's not that big a deal to me. At this point I more or less know what I'm getting out of these games and it's rather the stuff that's "under the hood", that can make or break my experience, the more intangible things like pacing and the level of agency I'm granted.

I didn't try to avoid Pokémon spoilers because I know that it doesn't really impact my enjoyment of these games, never has. I understand why people don't want to see new Pokémon, their evolutions, what trainers/gym leaders/the E4 look like etc. but it's not that big a deal to me. At this point I more or less know what I'm getting out of these games and it's rather the stuff that's "under the hood", that can make or break my experience, the more intangible things like pacing and the level of agency I'm granted.
I’m more avoiding spoilers just to see if I can. Evolution being a surprise for once might be cool.

I played both GS and RS completely (well not completely) in the dark and that was among the best gaming experiences I had. GS blackout was kind of involuntary due to infancy of the internet back then but combined with how hidden was the new Pokémon in those games, playing hours and hours of it yet still discovering new things was straight up awesome. I remember that in GS no trainer used Dunsparce and I spend months trying to find out what that blank spot in my dex was. (I just needed to register Hiker Anthony's number)

RS blackout was harder than GS (I got spoiled few mons) but I managed to hold out for 5 months.

It's incredible how stacked the John Wick 4 cast is. Getting both Donnie Yen and Hiroyuki Sanada is dope as hell. They can only top this in JW5 by bringing Michelle Yeoh, Tony Leung and Chow Yun-fat into the fold. Also surprised that Michael Jai White hasn't been in one of these yet. Seems like a perfect fit given his previous work and he's also the kind of actor that can play a character that would fit into the world of John Wick.

edit: also, I can't forget Rina Sawayama making her acting debut in this!

I’m more avoiding spoilers just to see if I can. Evolution being a surprise for once might be cool.
I respect that, I think realizing that I picked the "wrong" starter would bum me out too much lmao.

famicoin makes me want to call dibs on the q1 direct thread...
Get that money. Still one of the most fun famiboards threads because you kept stoking the flames lmao. No pressure but at this point I can't really imagine anyone else doing it but of course you don't have to do it if you don't want to just hope you realize what you're depriving everyone of as I said no pressue but also do it.

Be prepared to see my food and cocktail posts a lot more often and with higher character counts. Probably will be describing them in more detail so I can reach that magic two hundred. Gotta get that FamiBag

I will also be spelling out every number from now on…

I downloaded Vampire Survivor on Game Pass just to see what the fuss was all about. And now I can see what the fuss is all about.

After only two runs it’s abundantly clear how addictive this game can be, both within a single run and also overall as you gain permanent power-ups. It’s interesting that it’s such a passive game - there’s no attack button as far as I can tell. You just run around and avoid everything all while your weapons and powerups proc every quarter second automatically. It’s pretty cool.

Hope it comes to Switch soon.

The problem with Famicoins is that it encourages people to stretch out their posts longer than they need to. The other issue is that it does not reward you past 200 so there's no incentive to continu

Coffee is failing to wake me up. I feel like I need my joints oiled, which subsequently made me imagine I was a robot, so that was cool.

Famicoins reveal announcement was cool. Getting two coins for posting in the other parts of the forum is exceedingly clever.

Get that money. Still one of the most fun famiboards threads because you kept stoking the flames lmao. No pressure but at this point I can't really imagine anyone else doing it but of course you don't have to do it if you don't want to just hope you realize what you're depriving everyone of as I said no pressue but also do it.
this time there will be switch pro for real!

I distinctly recall you saying you didn’t want to be OP on anymore direct threads after the never ending thread this summer
But now that fake currency is in play that all goes out the window.

Honestly I'm currently at the point where I really like the idea of Famicoin but I'm a bit nervous/wary about how it'll evolve. I hope people don't get TOO serious about it.

I did not join this community to be extremely serious.

I was trying to take a nap earlier but kept waking myself up with my own snoring. I feel a bit better now that I’ve eaten something though.

Coffee is failing to wake me up. I feel like I need my joints oiled, which subsequently made me imagine I was a robot, so that was cool.

Famicoins reveal announcement was cool. Getting two coins for posting in the other parts of the forum is exceedingly clever.
Coffee is basically necessary for me to just be at baseline functioning at this point.

Random thought @bellydrum

I see that quotes and replies add to the character count. Are those characters not counted toward the famicoin two hundred? Seems like an easy way to cheese the system if you just quote a few things.

Coffee is a miracle. It cured my chronic and insanely debilitating cluster headaches, and cut down my headache rate in general. I owe my ability to function to those bitter, bitter beans.
Yeah. The other day I forgot to caffeinate and I was debilitated by the end of the day. It definitely can help with things but you gotta stick to it daily.

Honestly I'm currently at the point where I really like the idea of Famicoin but I'm a bit nervous/wary about how it'll evolve. I hope people don't get TOO serious about it.

Eh, 200 characters is only like 2-3 sentences. That's less than the size of a tweet (280 characters). Funny enough, your post just earned you a famicoin, lol.

We already know how it'll evolve. Bellydrum said you'll be able to redeem prizes with your famicoins in the near future.

Coffee is a miracle. It cured my chronic and insanely debilitating cluster headaches, and cut down my headache rate in general. I owe my ability to function to those bitter, bitter beans.
If I don’t get any coffee I’ll have a splitting headache all day. caffeine addiction is a hell of a thing. I tried to cut out caffeine earlier this year because my wife thought it might contribute to my anxiety. I got off caffeine, started getting headaches, and my anxiety didn’t get any better. Now I’m back on coffee and much happier.

Still anxious though.

If I don’t get any coffee I’ll have a splitting headache all day. caffeine addiction is a hell of a thing. I tried to cut out caffeine earlier this year because my wife thought it might contribute to my anxiety. I got off caffeine, started getting headaches, and my anxiety didn’t get any better. Now I’m back on coffee and much happier.

Still anxious though.
I never used to drink coffee though, the headaches for me weren't any part of a caffeine addiction. Coffee (caffeine specifically I assume) literally is the cure for my particular condition.

Eh, 200 characters is only like 2-3 sentences. That's less than the size of a tweet (280 characters). Funny enough, your post just earned you a famicoin, lol.

We already know how it'll evolve. Bellydrum said you'll be able to redeem prizes with your famicoins in the near future.
Funny enough... yes... totally unexpected and by accident... indeed

I put about two hours into God of War. Yeah, it’s pretty good! I think this might be interpreted as a troll and I don’t mean for it to! Having said that, I am not overly impressed with the visuals. Again, I don’t mean for this to sound snobby - it looks very good! I just have Horizon Forbidden West on my mind recently. Though, maybe that game is just otherworldly when it comes to animation and visuals.

Anyway, God of War is good. Feels right at home.

Coffee is basically necessary for me to just be at baseline functioning at this point
I try to not get too used to coffee, because it does slow you down if your body is used to it and you stop drinking it. Still, that caffeine jolt does tend to prove to be invaluable.

It definitely can help with things but you gotta stick to it daily.
Yup, that’s the difficult part.

caffeine addiction is a hell of a thing
You’ll be pleased to know that medically speaking there’s no problem with being addicted to coffee, as long as you’re not overdosing on it. Caffeine does have therapeutic properties.

It cured my chronic and insanely debilitating cluster headaches, and cut down my headache rate in general.
Case in point.

Random thought @bellydrum

I see that quotes and replies add to the character count. Are those characters not counted toward the famicoin two hundred? Seems like an easy way to cheese the system if you just quote a few things.
Shhhhh don’t tell him that. With my tendency to quote a lot of people I will be swimming in digital coins!

All I know is that I'm adding water diglett to my team
Pokemon S/V introducing convergent evolution is still one of the best things

I put about two hours into God of War. Yeah, it’s pretty good! I think this might be interpreted as a troll and I don’t mean for it to! Having said that, I am not overly impressed with the visuals. Again, I don’t mean for this to sound snobby - it looks very good! I just have Horizon Forbidden West on my mind recently. Though, maybe that game is just otherworldly when it comes to animation and visuals.

Anyway, God of War is good. Feels right at home.
It’s brilliant. Come talk about it in our ST! I’m desperate for more folks to talk to about the game lol

Time to make yet another splinter website!

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom