• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Ep 5 of Andor and it just kinda drives home how ill-conceived the sequel trilogy was (despite me enjoying TFA and loving TLJ)

So instead of making a small horror game that uses entirely different mechanics than the game I'm mainly working on, I think I'll try to make a small side game using those same mechanics.

Basically a blobber "horde mode" game, where you move through a hallway and trigger ever harder encounters, get better and better loot and abilities, and once you reach the goal you're scored on your damage dealt and damage received.

There will be multiple difficulty tiers, some level variants, randomized enemies and rewards, it should be fun and replayable and maybe something I can sell for $2-5 a pop to hopefully fund my main project. I feel like the best thing I have right now is my like 130 bizarre and hilarious enemies, so this is a way to kinda leverage that.

Sound like a decent idea?

I JUST beat Xenoblade Chronicles 3. At about 290 hours or so. My review is that this is an excellent game.

It is a solid 10, that... is the truth of our world.

hopefully by this time next year they won't even be for sale

(sorry for the unhelpful joke reply)
See, I see a different future, where there's just bins of single joycons laying around like how Wal-Mart has those bins of straight to DVD movies.

I JUST beat Xenoblade Chronicles 3. At about 290 hours or so. My review is that this is an excellent game.

It is a solid 10, that... is the truth of our world.

Now go back, load up your savefile where you saved the clear and to the stuff that it unlocked! :D

Not related - I want to get a new phone and keep my old one as a backup. For my two-factor, can I just use my old (current phone) before transferring codes / authenticator profiles? Basically, how do I not screw myself?

I really want to make a FFXV appreciation thread in which I explain why I like the game so much and why it really struck something in me in a way to make people see that game is more than it looks but man, I don't think I have the articulation to do my thoughts on that game justice 😭

I really want to make a FFXV appreciation thread in which I explain why I like the game so much and why it really struck something in me in a way to make people see that game is more than it looks but man, I don't think I have the articulation to do my thoughts on that game justice 😭
I loved it when it came out. One of these days I’m gonna play Royal Edition.

I loved it when it came out. One of these days I’m gonna play Royal Edition.
Yeah. Man, the moment you go on a roadtrip with friends I was like "whuuuuuut this is like a coming of age: the game, mixed with some weird, maybe misplaced but certainly fun and intrigueing John Hughes-style banter and bonding (ESPECIALLY if you've seen the FFXV: Brotherhood animation). I was HOOKED!

But another thing people really dislike the combat and I really like it. It's fast paced, because it is so forgiving you are invited to do it as stylish as you want and if you want you can get into quite some deep tactics.

And I also love the automatic cruising in the car from A to B listening to old FF OST's whike taking in the environment and looking at the map to grab some treasure here and there.

Oh and the FISHING is soooo addicitive lol.

I can think of stuff I want to buy on Black Friday, but alas I instead get to spend $1700 after tax on winter tires for my car for the rubber, rim and sensors 🙃 (This is after discounts and whatever employee savings I can get from buying through a friend who works at the dealership parts and service counter)

But I do intend to ask for Everything, Everywhere, All At Once and Jurassic World: Dominion on 4K for the holidays, and hopefully get a robot vacuum for Boxing Day sales

Yeah. Man, the moment you go on a roadtrip with friends I was like "whuuuuuut this is like a coming of age: the game, mixed with some weird, maybe misplaced but certainly fun and intrigueing John Hughes-style banter and bonding (ESPECIALLY if you've seen the FFXV: Brotherhood animation). I was HOOKED!

But another thing people really dislike the combat and I really like it. It's fast paced, because it is so forgiving you are invited to do it as stylish as you want and if you want you can get into quite some deep tactics.

And I also love the automatic cruising in the car from A to B listening to old FF OST's whike taking in the environment and looking at the map to grab some treasure here and there.

Oh and the FISHING is soooo addicitive lol.
Honestly I suspect a good deal of people's qualms about the game's combat was because they weren't playing it the right way. I know I initially got turned off FFXV so much that it was the first entry that I stopped playing with the intent of not finishing. It was only months later that I watched a few videos talking about the combat system that I realized that I needed to stop treating it like an action game and think of it more like a real-time strategy game. It's still not close to being my favorite, but I ended up finishing the whole game and all of the Royal edition DLC and had a good time doing so. I think more games should do more to explicitly lay out how developers envision you playing the game, because I also saw a fair amount of complaints for FF7Remake about the combat from people not understanding that the intent is for you to constantly cycle between all party members instead of sticking to only one. Or with Bayonetta 3 and some people not quite capturing that Demon Slave attacks should be weaved into your normal attacks.

Back to FFXV, some things I really liked: Summons feel extraordinarily powerful, like it's the most pure power feeling that I've ever experienced in any video game. They perfectly captured the power of gods here and I doubt FFXVI will come close to emulating this just based on the footage so far. I think the photo mode and getting random pictures was a wonderful idea that all games should try to adopt. I liked looking at the pictures, but I am not the kind of person who would open a photo mode to get them.
I also thought the photo mode was used wonderfully at the end of the game as a tool to reflect on your whole journey. I can't think of any game that offers you the chance to reflect on your whole journey on your own time.

Nate on the spawn cast sold me on Pentiment so I plan to check it out. It’s supposed to be good on the deck but I’m not playing it yet.n I have a short list of games I’m wanting to play right now that my hand is back in action
If at any point you need a leisurely game for your hand that doesn't require crazy precision or movements, I highly, highly recommend it based on my playtime so far. Obsidian doesn't know how to lose

So are Famicoins gone now or just not showing under people their avatars?

Honestly I suspect a good deal of people's qualms about the game's combat was because they weren't playing it the right way. I know I initially got turned off FFXV so much that it was the first entry that I stopped playing with the intent of not finishing. It was only months later that I watched a few videos talking about the combat system that I realized that I needed to stop treating it like an action game and think of it more like a real-time strategy game. It's still not close to being my favorite, but I ended up finishing the whole game and all of the Royal edition DLC and had a good time doing so. I think more games should do more to explicitly lay out how developers envision you playing the game, because I also saw a fair amount of complaints for FF7Remake about the combat from people not understanding that the intent is for you to constantly cycle between all party members instead of sticking to only one. Or with Bayonetta 3 and some people not quite capturing that Demon Slave attacks should be weaved into your normal attacks.

Back to FFXV, some things I really liked: Summons feel extraordinarily powerful, like it's the most pure power feeling that I've ever experienced in any video game. They perfectly captured the power of gods here and I doubt FFXVI will come close to emulating this just based on the footage so far. I think the photo mode and getting random pictures was a wonderful idea that all games should try to adopt. I liked looking at the pictures, but I am not the kind of person who would open a photo mode to get them.
I also thought the photo mode was used wonderfully at the end of the game as a tool to reflect on your whole journey. I can't think of any game that offers you the chance to reflect on your whole journey on your own time.
Yep, I do think the game should have done a better job showing the ways combat works (instead of the whole tutorial before starting the game). Also, that tutorial is so basic, no way you are getting anything out of it actually playing the game.

So are Famicoins gone now or just not showing under people their avatars?

Yep, I do think the game should have done a better job showing the ways combat works (instead of the whole tutorial before starting the game). Also, that tutorial is so basic, no way you are getting anything out of it actually playing the game.

You have to activate Famicoin in your Preferences to see it now. It's still there though.

If there is one cool thing they should definitely bring back from the Wii-era, it's the Hanabi festival where they would bring over obscure Japan only NES and SNES games to the eShop.

You have to activate Famicoin in your Preferences to see it now. It's still there though.
Ah nice, just checked. Only now I see the amount of different stuff you can change in preferences, wow. That's impressive! :)

Yall Sean Evans just said "weeaboo" on Hot Ones and I finally feel seen

@13:04 if the timestamp doesn't work

My dog is back from the emergency hospital. They gave him some medicine. Now we’ll have to see if he has a seizure after going to sleep tonight.

Saw and enjoyed Wakanda Forever yesterday. Namor was the best part. Bout to watch GOTG holiday special.

Going to have a ton of anime to catch up on when I get home tomorrow

“No actually he’s such a genius for making a $1500 phone that, you know, only like 15% of them just explode. That’s totally normal. He’s a genius.”
“The random explosions ensure that thieves won’t want to steal your phones. It’s a feature, not a bug!”

“No actually he’s such a genius for making a $1500 phone that, you know, only like 15% of them just explode. That’s totally normal. He’s a genius.”
The horrific explosion is actually a feature. Only the most worthy 15% of Muskrats will have the privilege of experiencing it.

Edit: @meatbag and I had the same idea 🤣

The intent is to provide buyers with a sense of pride and accomplishment for not getting the exploding phone.

You really are my alt

High five, me
liz-lemon-self-high-five.gif

Thanks to the ElonPhone's occasional explosive tendencies, it can briefly serve as a rocket
So this was SpaceX's intention all along, all along 🤯

Sonic Frontiers has me shook, yall. It might not be called Adventure 3 but I think it might actually be in all but the name. This might actually be the Sonic game I've been begging for since the Dreamcast died.

Seriously.

After 70 hours I'm finally back to where I stopped on the original Persona 5 on PS4. Probably only 10 more hours more until I start seeing the substantial new content!

Sonic Frontiers has me shook, yall. It might not be called Adventure 3 but I think it might actually be in all but the name. This might actually be the Sonic game I've been begging for since the Dreamcast died.

Seriously.
The more I think about it, the more I think it might be one of my favorite games of the year. It's so damn good.

Managed to beat Chapter 9 of KI Uprising in 9.0 finally. By far the hardest one yet: insanely long, has a lot of bosses and some tough regular enemy battles. I was super nervous battling Medusa and almost choked lol.

Famiboards staff has decided to cancel all future holidays and game releases. It turns out that people spending time with their families and actually playing videogames is bad for internet forum engagement.

Hey, random question and not sure where else it would go, but does anyone have a recommendation for additional storage on the Wii U? I want to buy a couple of the digital only retail games before the eShop closes, but my Wii U is almost full as is from patches, DLC, and the other couple download games I own. I don't need a lot, probably like 64 GB maximum. I know USBs CAN work on the Wii U, but are not the best long-term solution due to limited writes on the memory. I also know the Wii U doesn't support hard drives as easily as the PS4/Xbox One did with plug and play so just trying to figure it out before the end of the eShop hits.

Gotta try to get Art Academy, Fatal Frame, Devil's Third, and the Xenoblade Chronicles X download files lol.

Hey, random question and not sure where else it would go, but does anyone have a recommendation for additional storage on the Wii U? I want to buy a couple of the digital only retail games before the eShop closes, but my Wii U is almost full as is from patches, DLC, and the other couple download games I own. I don't need a lot, probably like 64 GB maximum. I know USBs CAN work on the Wii U, but are not the best long-term solution due to limited writes on the memory. I also know the Wii U doesn't support hard drives as easily as the PS4/Xbox One did with plug and play so just trying to figure it out before the end of the eShop hits.

Gotta try to get Art Academy, Fatal Frame, Devil's Third, and the Xenoblade Chronicles X download files lol.

Here are Nintendo's official recommendations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom