• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who doesn't expect a TotK trailer at the TGAs, 2022 is over for me. Bring on 2023, the year of Kingdom Tears and Drake.

But i wouldn't say no to a new Mario movie trailer at the TGAs.

I'm getting back into Ring Fit Adventure now that I'm well enough for physical activity again, and I'm struck once more by how well it embodies that Nintendo spirit of finding new ways to make interacting with a virtual experience feel fresh and fun.

It may not be the kind of hardcore blockbuster that wins game of the year awards, but to me at least it's a prime example of the creativity and unpredictability that make their games magical, that same spark that made me fall in love with the likes of Splatoon, Wii Sports, even BOTW, just in a different form.

Last edited:
prime example of the creativity and unpredictability that make their games magical
Ring Fit Adventure is top of the shelf design. My favorites are the monsters being based on gym equipment. Everything in the game reminds you of fitness and exercise.

Just out of interest, is anyone doing a ‘best switch games of the year’ thread? I suspect most GotY discussions are gonna revolve around Elden Ring and God of War etc instead.
If it doesn’t step on any official site plans, I want to do a thread for sharing your personal top ten games of the year again. No voting, pooled results, or debate so it wouldn’t step on your thread either.

Dragon Quest Treasures is releasing next week and there is absolutely no hype for the game on the internet
The only footage they’ve really shown has been in Japanese streams which barely helps at all out here. I’m keeping an eye on reviews / impressions and will pick it up if people like it. The last footage I saw of extended gameplay looked way better than early trailers so I’m hopeful it’ll be cool.

I don't know if it's because I've been sick with covid (back to work today, but still feeling blah), or what, but Tactics Ogre Reborn has just been sitting there. I put 3 hours into it that first day and then got sick that weekend and never came back. I'm hoping to start it over this week. Or just wait for FF Crisis Core to get me out of this gaming slump.

Any rumblings on Advance Wars? Seems like a no brainer December release.

If it doesn’t step on any official site plans, I want to do a thread for sharing your personal top ten games of the year again. No voting, pooled results, or debate so it wouldn’t step on your thread either.
Oh that sounds perfect! I was just wondering whether something along the lines of talking about all the stuff fami may have missed this year was in the works, your setup sounds like a good way to do it :)

Cleared Ch. 10 of KI:U at intensity 9.0, the Phoenix is a tough boss.

I've been trying Ch. 25 at 9.0 in the meantime since it plays completely differently. I suck at the part where you have to summon Medusa.... So far no luck clearing it but I'll manage.

Dragon Quest Treasures is releasing next week and there is absolutely no hype for the game on the internet
Tbh, lots of games got overlooked this year, only a select few got the "hype" they deserved. Which basically all of Nintendo's and Sony's first party slate and nothing more.

Big review sites focusing on western made games doesn't help it all also.

yeah I'll get it ASAP and am Dragon Quest shill number 1 but even I've haven't been "hyped" really. Weird marketing all around imo, but it's Dragon Quest so I'll like playing it in one way or another anyway lol

Oh that sounds perfect! I was just wondering whether something along the lines of talking about all the stuff fami may have missed this year was in the works, your setup sounds like a good way to do it :)
Cool then! I was planning to post mine on January 1st.
I can participate in that thread if we're not limited to games that were released in 2022 haha.

Hell yeah, you beat the phoenix!
I’ll definitely keep it inviting :) I had this year’s thread as post your favorite X games from 2021 so even if you didn’t have ten you could pick your own number and still participate. I’ll make sure to mention something along the lines of feeling free to include a separate list of games you played this year or to make a combined list as long as it’s marked. I’ve been so focused on my backlog this year and doing some long overdue replays it’s almost for every 2022 game I played I played three old ones lol.

I'm going to take a week off work in December to play my backlog. It'll be a mix of Steam, Gamepass and Switch games

Happy Golf Day everyone!

Also, I've been playing through Deus Ex Go finally, since it's being delisted in January, and it's really good! It's odd that Square-Enix never bothered to put the Go games on Switch when they owned the IP, they're perfect portable gaming fodder.

EDIT: Oh and in minor gaming news:

Atlus/G-MODE know exactly what they're doing here.

I can participate in that thread if we're not limited to games that were released in 2022 haha.

Hell yeah, you beat the phoenix!

Cool then! I was planning to post mine on January 1st.

I’ll definitely keep it inviting :) I had this year’s thread as post your favorite X games from 2021 so even if you didn’t have ten you could pick your own number and still participate. I’ll make sure to mention something along the lines of feeling free to include a separate list of games you played this year or to make a combined list as long as it’s marked. I’ve been so focused on my backlog this year and doing some long overdue replays it’s almost for every 2022 game I played I played three old ones lol.
I’m the same, I think I played 9 games this year that I hadn’t played before, and 6 of them were released this year, but I also replayed a lot of other stuff, including another very lengthy playthrough of DQXIS.

DQ Treasures will likely make it 10. Which kinda makes it hard for me to do a top ten when I’ll have likely have played a total of 7 games that released on Switch in 2022. Even if I squeeze in another indie or two I’ll struggle to make a top ten! I might have to just list a top five so it isn’t a list of ‘stuff PixelKnight actually played’ :D

I blame Monster Hunter for me not having played much, I always end up hopelessly addicted to it and the semi-regular updates have been doing their job in keeping me hunting.

I blame Monster Hunter for me not having played much
Coincidentally, one of the games I was gonna put in my "top 10 games I played in 2022" was Monster Hunter: Rise! It's going to return to my active rotation after I'm done with Scarlet. I want to squeeze out every bit of singleplayer content I can from that game.

I’m grabbing it. My theory is that Nintendo is much better at marketing Dragon Quest than SE and SE has decided not to do a whole lot of that.

if we can make out own categories I'll do hater shit and rank the cringest game I didn't play but balance it with the most 👀 games I didn't play, character with L rizz, character with unspoken rizz, billion dollar pokemon etc etc

I’m grabbing it. My theory is that Nintendo is much better at marketing Dragon Quest than SE and SE has decided not to do a whole lot of that.
I would argue that's less of a theory and just a fact; if it isn't Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts SE isn't going to put a lot of effort in the marketing. This is why I'm a little nervous for Octopath Traveler II, I'm sure it'll do well on the Switch since Nintendo has done well building a Team Asano fanbase there. However I can see it doing lackluster on Playstation unless SE brings their marketing A game.

This is probably gonna be my first year not watching the game awards, even though I usually just have it up in the background.

Already wasn't happy with how Geoff handled the whole Activision situation, and his recent comments just worsened it. Plus the nominations paint a pretty clear picture of how the show is going to go. I don't need to listen to people propping up cinematic experiences + iterative sequels over actual unique titles in an attempt to prove the gaming industry deserves respect!

Got work to do today but I'm sitting here like
FinVgeaUYAAUmnk

I also stole this from SungWon Cho

I would argue that's less of a theory and just a fact; if it isn't Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts SE isn't going to put a lot of effort in the marketing. This is why I'm a little nervous for Octopath Traveler II, I'm sure it'll do well on the Switch since Nintendo has done well building a Team Asano fanbase there. However I can see it doing lackluster on Playstation unless SE brings their marketing A game.
Yeah Octopath and Asano in general have a pretty solid core fanbase at this point I imagine

But in general Square's approach towards marketing their AA titles recently has been to not do that

This is very specifically within my circle with very little reason for overlap here but I'm kinda blown away that Springsteen is gonna have an opening act for two of his concerts for the first time in like...45 years? And of all the people he tapped for those two shows in Italy, he tapped Sam Fender. A decade ago if he was reconsidering his four hour long performances it would have been The Gaslight Anthem

Man...even if he hasn't announced the second North American leg of his next tour yet with an eventual Toronto stop I'm still thinking of dropping a few coins for round 3 in Italy.

they've gotta recreate this though

iconic moment that is

but we've come much far, just look at TGA2016, where direct feed gameplay is presented instead of off-screen one. But I have to say, the off-screen one is perfect when someone tries to do analysis of the gameplay since it can be pretty blurry when zooming in.

My dog seems to have bounced back from his post-seizure confusion. We got him in diapers now though cause he’s got a bit of a bladder control issue going on that was made worse by the seizures.

Wish me luck, fami. Having a zoom in 30 mins with our actress, producers from my company, and producers from her company about next steps for my script now that they are absolutely thrilled with the script and love it. Probably going to boil down to one of the following three options:

1) Since we're partnered with Hulu already, send it to them with the current attachments (actress and producers) and see if they respond to it.
2) Go out to a director before the holidays
3) Go out to more actors/actresses before the holidays

So excited and also nervous lol

Wish me luck, fami. Having a zoom in 30 mins with our actress, producers from my company, and producers from her company about next steps for my script now that they are absolutely thrilled with the script and love it. Probably going to boil down to one of the following three options:

1) Since we're partnered with Hulu already, send it to them with the current attachments (actress and producers) and see if they respond to it.
2) Go out to a director before the holidays
3) Go out to more actors/actresses before the holidays

So excited and also nervous lol
Good luck! That sounds like a fun project.

Which other games could go up against TotK for GOTY in 2023? Starfield? REmake 4? SFVI? Forspoken? 😅

Welp company server was hacked, and people don't even know if there are backups. Office is on fire right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Back
Top Bottom