• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the smell of a new forum!
I was mostly a lurker in the old place, but i'm going to try to participate more in the new forum 😄.

Who else is waiting for their new Switch OLED to play... anything at all? After seeing videos of it in these past couple days it's hard to go play on the regular, specially games as beautifull as Eastward. And i bought the red Joy cons from the Nintendo online store, because my grey ones we're getting old and i'm not a fan of the neon Joy cons that are going to be included in my SwOLED.

New board looks great, glad to be here. I was a very infrequent poster on the old place will try to post more here. I hope my OLED comes on Friday, I'm away for the weekend and it would be great for the trip to play Dread on.

I've been a lurker/light poster since 2012 on NeoGAF, been following this community since. Despite some truly awful moderation and lunacy on both forums I've always stuck with the Nintendo community. You guys post probably some of the only sane takes on Nintendo on the internet, and you're always on the pulse with news/rumors.

Going to post more actively with this new start, hoping the moderation doesn't end as authoritarian and ideologically charged as the previous forums did. Glad to see a bunch of regulars here.

Very busy week ahead. Sakurai Presents on Tuesday, Dread reviews on Wednesday, Dread releasing on Friday... Then we have the Animal Crossing Direct and the NSO expansion news to look forward to. I guess Nintendo will want to put these in separate weeks.

New board looks great, glad to be here. I was a very infrequent poster on the old place will try to post more here. I hope my OLED comes on Friday, I'm away for the weekend and it would be great for the trip to play Dread on.

Hoping the same, have the day booked off work. That'll mean it'll arrive the following Wednesday

Who else is waiting for their new Switch OLED to play... anything at all? After seeing videos of it in these past couple days it's hard to go play on the regular, specially games as beautifull as Eastward. And i bought the red Joy cons from the Nintendo online store, because my grey ones we're getting old and i'm not a fan of the neon Joy cons that are going to be included in my SwOLED.
It's certainly been more difficult to pick up my OG Switch, knowing that the OLED is less than a week away. Definitely seems less attractive now that I've seen so many comparison videos between the displays. Though to be fair, I've not been playing much on my Switch at all these past two weeks or so, mostly spending time on PC instead. Switch and PS4 only have seen (very) light usage. That'll definitely change with Dread and the OLED!

Here I am, rocking my child at 6am, browsing a new forum. Feels like early 2018 all over again.

Love the smell of a new forum!
I was mostly a lurker in the old place, but i'm going to try to participate more in the new forum 😄.

Yeah, I'm saving Eastward for the end of this year and OLED. Also have a couple of things in my backlog which I think I'll play on OLED - Golf Story and Return of the Obra Dinn.

Morning fam! How is everyone on this fine rainy Sunday?
Big week coming up - next Smash fighter and the Dread/OLED release coinciding with my contract extension, a bunch of new teaching to prepare, a major sporting final for my home town team, and (on Sunday) the start of my first international holiday for 3 years.

Ridiculous, huge start to the month, especially for a person with chronic fatigue! Currently making a schedule for myself so I can split up my errands and work day by day and hopefully be fit and well for the start of my holiday.

Morning fam! How is everyone on this fine rainy Sunday?
Tired, my 4 month old was fussy so I've been rocking her for the past hour and a half and she kept scratching me in her sleep so badly that she drew blood. Then I stepped in a pile of surprisingly solid dog poo my dog made in my bedroom.

Also my phone decided not to charge last night.

Tired, my 4 month old was fussy so I've been rocking her for the past hour and a half and she kept scratching me in her sleep so badly that she drew blood. Then I stepped in a pile of surprisingly solid dog poo my dog made in my bedroom.

Also my phone decided not to charge last night.
As someone with a seven month old, I feel you bro. Hope your day gets better from this point on!

Wow, Cruis'n Blast is actually kicking my ass a bit, not gonna lie I'm somewhat struggling to consistently get Gold cups. :eek:

My phone updated to iOS 15 last night and now the Safari address bar is on the bottom and it’s weeeeeeeiiiiiirrrrrd

Wow, Cruis'n Blast is actually kicking my ass a bit, not gonna lie I'm somewhat struggling to consistently get Gold cups. :eek:
Same, but I'm putting this down to only getting to play it for an hour since launch. Its either that or getting old and I don't want it to be the latter 😂

Here to say hello to you guys on the new place.

Pretty excited for the Animal Crossing Direct and maybe Metroid Dread on the Nintendo side of things right now. Loved Hollow Knight and other games with Metroidvania type systems but still not sure about Dread. Will wait for reviews, probably.

Playing all the Metroids before Dread. Finished Zero Misson and Super Metroid, doing Samus Returns now on 3DS. Liking it a lot less than ZM and SM. Looking forward towards Fusion and Dread. Probably not gonna get it day one though because I got enough in my backlog to fill the year.

gotta say, although unfortunate, the events that led to the creation of this new place (and the future creation of the sales board new forum) might end being positive. I'm really enjoying this forum much more than I was enjoying Resetera during the last couple of months.

Wanna chime in with everyone else and say that it's awesome to be here, and nice to see so many familiar and nice individuals from era. (And from the discord too, even though I'm rarely there)

Really a great job with the forum, it's a nice interface.

Hope we can all together make this a happy corner of the web :)

I'm gonna have to order Dread physically on release day because of a gift card so my weekend will go Dread-free, unfortunately.

3 more weeks of work and I have one week of vacation. N64 and Mega Drive on NSO will probably drop during my vacation, it's gonna be good !
I didn't get the NES and SNES ones, but I'll definitely get the N64 controller. It's such a weird controller that games had to be designed around it, so many games feel better with it. Thinking mainly about Sin & Punishment right now.
Perfect Dark/GoldenEye also feels weird to me without it.

3 more weeks of work and I have one week of vacation. N64 and Mega Drive on NSO will probably drop during my vacation, it's gonna be good !
I didn't get the NES and SNES ones, but I'll definitely get the N64 controller. It's such a weird controller that games had to be designed around it, so many games feel better with it. Thinking mainly about Sin & Punishment right now.
Perfect Dark/GoldenEye also feels weird to me without it.

Very excited for the NSO details too, and getting the controller for sure!

Is the X for XTREME?

Good to see you
Both RX and VF are derived from giant anime robot model numbers (from Gundam and Macross respectively). I started using these for usernames in my tern years when I was really into those franchises.

Last edited:
I see. Although wouldn't it be better for both to be together as opposed to being split? Or is it to avoid console warring of some sort?
it makes more sense for them to be separate imo. this forum is nintendo-focused, doesn't make much sense to merge it with a forum dedicated to sales data across the industry.

gotta say, although unfortunate, the events that led to the creation of this new place (and the future creation of the sales board new forum) might end being positive. I'm really enjoying this forum much more than I was enjoying Resetera during the last couple of months.
agreed, i feel the same. it's sad what happened, but imo it was inevitable and already this forum feels much nicer to be in, much less toxicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom