• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at you all! Posting at speed! Shit posting! CONVERSING! HOW BEAUTEOUS THIS FORUM IS! OH BRAVE NEW BOARD THAT HAS SUCH POSTERS IN IT!

I'm curious if people will finally bring the meme back "Fucking Donkey Kong" again but with Metroid, this time since Retro are not gonna work on DK anymore lol.

I'm still trying to remember who made that meme back on Gaf.
I live for the timeline where the internet convinces itself Metroid Prime HD is gonna get revealed at TGA and Nintendo reveal a Donkey Kong music game which is controlled by a Labo style one-man band suit.

By the way Internet I don't know if you heard but I heard Nintendo are DEFINITELY FOR REAL revealing Metroid Prime HD at TGA
Dread
ing my bank account balance after October 8th
Metroid Dread, OLED, holiday, plus a leather bound edition of Lord of the Rings to pay for this month.

*laughs in bankrupt*
Well obviously they'll just show the reveal trailers of EPD Donkey Kong and Metroid Prime 4 back-to-back ala Astral Chain/Link's Awakening.

Problem solved!
This would be my preferred ending to the February Direct. TGA can reveal Zelda's subtitle.

Oh my… might this be the first forum where I don’t lurk like the creeper that I am? V excited to enjoy all the shitposting with y’all and the inevitable Nintendo Direct/Switch Pro speculation madness that is to come.

Another person from the Old era January 2018 I’d like to see is Limabean, or whoever would post those Mariah gifs lol

Another person from the Old era January 2018 I’d like to see is Limabean, or whoever would post those Mariah gifs lol
We need to make sure we have the top 10 posters from the January 2018 thread. Or else we can't really call ourselves a shitpost abyss.

ズ looks like someone doing a naruto run 😶
You joke, but the hiragana lessons I took earlier in the Summer assigned each syllable an image that it looked like to remember them easier.
So for instance which is "yo" looks like someone standing by the side of the road, looking to be picked up, going "YO!".

Something exciting is that the DK USJ land was announced to open in 2024.

Donkey Kong Country also turns 30 that very same year... 🤔

Something exciting is that the DK USJ land was announced to open in 2024.

Donkey Kong Country also turns 30 that very same year... 🤔
Donkey Kong turned 40 this year, though, and Nintendo couldn't give him a new game to get him through his mid-life crisis. But hopefully 2022 or 2023 brings great things for the great ape.

Donkey Kong turned 40 this year, though, and Nintendo couldn't give him a new game to get him through his mid-life crisis. But hopefully 2022 or 2023 brings great things for the great ape.

I think we are getting either Mario or DK in 2022

My heart is so full every time I open this forum and see the flood of new (old) members :)

Dread
ing my bank account balance after October 8th
And with the rumours of the next Apple Watch opening for preorders next week too… I’ve been waiting to upgrade my current one for years so this is just gonna be a real brutal 7 days. I *knew* I was setting aside some savings for a reason! 😅

Going back to Mario's 35th anniversary, my hunch is that it only became such a big deal for Nintendo because the anniversary year conveniently fell on 2020. Which happened to be an important year due to both the Tokyo Olympics (it originally was supposed to have Mario in some presence) and Super Nintendo World both being set for that year.

35 in general is just a weird milestone to make that big of a celebration out of, that I think their ambitions for their IP outside of gaming was the real drive to do it. So if they celebrate DKC's anniversary in 2024, I think it's less about the anniversary and more that they achieved a big milestone with that IP outside of games. But yeah I do hope we get a new DK game before 2024, I was just thinking worst case scenario for how long we wait. lol

I'm ready for Dread to deliver those Raw Thrills
Thrills are great and all, but what I want most is that delicious Metroid atmosphere. The kind of feeling you get when you you're exploring an area and just vibing with the music and environment, and then suddenly discover a secret wall/pathway that leads to a new area of the map you didn't know existed.

If I catch you, will you let me level up beyond 100 or will you corrupt my game?
Depends, are you one of those suckers who isn't content with duping Rare Candy, but wants to dupe Master Balls as well?

Then yeah, I'll corrupt away to teach you a valuable lesson in life.

Does the hide post feature not work here? I'm trying to use it for an ot but when I test it, it doesn't work.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Alright, ama session is over. You're on your own now.

I am addicted to FamiBoards I think. Anyone else?
giphy.gif

Sounds lovely! Big difference between a whiskey sour and two whiskey sours though.
The evening was long and the company was good, so it all worked out nicely.

The thing with this place is there are waay more Star Tropics threads .. and then I read it properly :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom